CFZ Still too early to predict what any team is

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even their defense looked improved.
Will be an interesting game and good test next week at Eagles.
Too bad it will be on the same time as the Dallas game. However, I will put it on my iPad or laptop to keep an eye on.

Usually would have game mix on to do so, but not with the Dallas game on.

James Robinson is the real deal at RB.

Makes Zeke look like....................well, Zeke. :thumbdown:

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

If we were 3-0 and one of the last undefeated teams, there is a certain subset of this board that would claim we are clearly one of the best teams in the league, should be top 3 in the power rankings, etc.

A divisional foe starts the same way? The same group says, "well it's much too early, they've played no one, it's a long season............"

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
308727094_5914061868640452_7103979951554809690_n.jpg

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
It is way too early to ascribe who is overrated and who is underrated. The first month of the regular season now showcases as preseason games for the veterans. Every year, some teams get out of the gate earlier than others. Teams with early injuries, changes to coaching staffs or entire units (like the Bengal's offensive line or the Packer's WR corps) are likely to struggle early on with continuity and consistency. To Bob's point - which he makes every year - we will have a better understanding of who the contenders and pretenders around the end of October.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
James Robinson is the real deal at RB.

Makes Zeke look like....................well, Zeke. :thumbdown:

I liked how Robinson has been running. Etienne, is a good combination with him.

However, you have to get in your dig about Zeke, 24 / 7.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until you admit he is washed up I will continue. :thumbup:

Well, let the year play out, then we will see. Regardless, a decision will need to be made in the off-season, with his huge cap hit upcoming in 2023.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, let the year play out, then we will see. Regardless, a decision will need to be made in the off-season, with his huge cap hit upcoming in 2023.

Cant you tell already? A few good games here and there wont change anything. And certainly he wont be back with that 18 million salary.

But you never know. Cant put anything past Jerry with Zeke. It would be just like Jerry to pay him again and demand he is featured.

75boyz

Reaction score
LOL.

If we were 3-0 and one of the last undefeated teams, there is a certain subset of this board that would claim we are clearly one of the best teams in the league, should be top 3 in the power rankings, etc.

A divisional foe starts the same way? The same group says, "well it's much too early, they've played no one, it's a long season............"

I hear ya. Almost as if it's double standards in reverse.
Seems I read that almost daily here, lol

CWR

Reaction score
I actually think Philly and Miami will both be pretty good.

Philly has the trenches, Miami has a couple real nice wrs and plays good D, or so I'm told.

Jags, Giants and a few others I'm not buying in.

That said, EVERYTHING is exaggerated early. We were world beaters last year, and we all saw how that went.

Verdict

Reaction score
Jax seem to be under a far more organized, better coaching regime. That brims confidence, aggression and discipline.
They are schemed and placed in better position, than the previous ridiculous coaching regime, they are play faster and in tuned to their skill set.

Now we'll see what happens when they play the more competitve teams on their schedule.

- Ditto with Philly ... Washington Commandoes are mud, .and Wentz is purely journeyman. What happens when they play Tampa Bay, LA Rams and Green Bay as we'll face as well ?

- Maybe Hurts has improved by leaps and bounds, maybe Devontae has developed and coming into his own, and maybe the addition of AJ Brown has placed that offense up a notch.
and guys like TE Dallas G, and speedster Quez Watkins does help also. - We'll just see once they meet the bigger opponents
Theoretically, Jacksonville should have a pretty “deep” roster. They have drafted at the top of the draft for several years in a row now.

Creeper

Reaction score
It has never been more true- the NFL is the most unpredictable league in sports. It’s only week 3, and there a have already been multiple surprises and upsets. Just when we think we know what these teams are, we have reminders like yesterday, we don’t.

Some quick examples- How many of us expected this to start the NFL year?
  • Jaguars leading the AFC South at 2-1
  • Undefeated Miami leads the AFC East 3-0 after beating the bills yesterday.
  • The undefeated teams so far are Miami, Filly, and the midgets (hopefully that changes tonight) Who would have predicted that to start the season?
  • Scoring is way down to start the 2022 season but the lions are averaging 31 ppg.
And going into game 3 tonight against the nyg, the Cowboys are still a great mystery. These questions still remain:
  • Will the running game return to being effective?
  • Can the defense show consistency?
  • Can Cooper Rush continue to play well enough to get a win?
  • Will the WRs show improvement as a group?
  • Will Michael Gallup’s return this evening make an immediate difference?
Nothing surprises me anymore in the NFL. I expect the Cowboys to win tonight but Mon night games on the road are usually a roller coaster ride. Dallas has more talent but the margin isn’t as big as it used to be.

Still too early in the season to know what any team is yet.

While I generally agree, and a lot can happen in 17 games including key injuries, It is not coincidence that the teams that got off to good starts all had excellent off-seasons, and people said they did before the season began.

The Jags, Phins, and Eagles all went out and got good players to fill gaps in their rosters. So did the Giants to a certain extent.

Now look at the Cowboys off-season and ask, did they get better with their trades and acquisitions? The answer is obvious, and with their injuries it is remarkable that the Cowboys are 1-1 instead of 0-2.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It has never been more true- the NFL is the most unpredictable league in sports. It’s only week 3, and there a have already been multiple surprises and upsets. Just when we think we know what these teams are, we have reminders like yesterday, we don’t.

Some quick examples- How many of us expected this to start the NFL year?
  • Jaguars leading the AFC South at 2-1
  • Undefeated Miami leads the AFC East 3-0 after beating the bills yesterday.
  • The undefeated teams so far are Miami, Filly, and the midgets (hopefully that changes tonight) Who would have predicted that to start the season?
  • Scoring is way down to start the 2022 season but the lions are averaging 31 ppg.
And going into game 3 tonight against the nyg, the Cowboys are still a great mystery. These questions still remain:
  • Will the running game return to being effective?
  • Can the defense show consistency?
  • Can Cooper Rush continue to play well enough to get a win?
  • Will the WRs show improvement as a group?
  • Will Michael Gallup’s return this evening make an immediate difference?
Nothing surprises me anymore in the NFL. I expect the Cowboys to win tonight but Mon night games on the road are usually a roller coaster ride. Dallas has more talent but the margin isn’t as big as it used to be.

Still too early in the season to know what any team is yet.
we know the cowboys either will miss playoffs or if they barely make it, they will lose. that much has been determined....

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It is too early to tell but that's the same in most seasons because many are a work in progress with just the HC changes every season.

The other issue is all of the early injuries affecting teams now that may settle down in a few weeks.

There has been as much, if not more, really sloppy play to start this season. And there really isn't a solution because these coaches aren't risking players in pretend games. Bad enough losing them in the first 3 weeks.

However, I think the alarms going off with the Cowboys offense are warranted because they really looked bad to open the season with the QB1 and do they have the horses on offense to fix that once he gets back in the saddle?

With this ownership, is camp really a time to prepare for the season, and particularly the opening game because Landry's opening day record was no accident, or is it just another opportunity for self-promotion and spinning the season?

I've been noticing that defenses around the league are much better this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
we know the cowboys either will miss playoffs or if they barely make it, they will lose. that much has been determined....

I think winning the East was the only way they could make the playoffs. Will probably have to beat the Eagles both times for that and I dont see that happening. Eagles have an easy schedule and they are good.