Still want to defend David Irving?

Verdict

Reaction score
I know some fans have been holding out hope that the team has been holding David Irving back as some sort of secret weapon for the playoffs. He obviously didn't play this weekend.

It has been reported that his injury isn't issue at this point. From a team perspective, he has obviously let his team down over and over.

Are there some here that still hold out hope that he will be a part of the Cowboys plans in the future?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Are there some here that still hold out hope that he will be a part of the Cowboys plans in the future?

Are we talking about David Irving or Randy Gregory? Asking for a friend.

There is a difference between low expectations and refusing to believe the guy could turn his life around. The bottom line is none of us know the real issues involved.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I feel very secure in the right-ness of my decision to abstain on this question.

I don't know what the problem is.

And I have no pretentiousness to cause me to pretend that I'm the rightful judge of whether the problem was/is significant enough to warrant Irving's lack of availability.

I wish the guy well. I wish we had him, but I trust that whatever the reason is that we don't, it's good enough.

I have no reason to pass judgment, as-if anyone should care what my judgment is.

Maybe if I were a member of the team I'd feel differently.

I'm not a member of the team.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I know some fans have been holding out hope that the team has been holding David Irving back as some sort of secret weapon for the playoffs. He obviously didn't play this weekend.

It has been reported that his injury isn't issue at this point. From a team perspective, he has obviously let his team down over and over.

Lame. "It has been reported."

Provide an actual source or don't post.

Not saying you are wrong. Am saying you need to support your posts with actual facts.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
If he can battle his demons as Randy Gregory has yes I would, he's a talented football player he's just a knucklehead, but you have to want to be helped before anyone can help you.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lame. "It has been reported."

Provide an actual source or don't post.

Not saying you are wrong. Am saying you need to support your posts with actual facts.

It's common knowledge unless you have been living with the old woman who lives in a shoe that had so many children she didn't know what to do, and have no internet access.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

I took a little heat for saying we couldn’t trust him during the offseason. Too much stunk to high heaven regarding his personal history.

Oh well.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not here to defend anyone but I would argue that Irving can help this defense. He is a force when healthy and willing to play. I have no idea what's wrong with him, but I have read actual reports from Cowboys writers that his absnse is injury related.

Mr_437

Reaction score
C'mon Super Dave...just more games then you can fade into a "Where are they now" show 10 years from now.