Stoops overated....

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
trickblue said:
That's what I've been trying to tell people...

They were down a bit last year, but have had three 10-win seasons very recently...

They dont listen TB. =) We all know better than you. Its a known fact. ;)

royhitshard

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I don't watch enough OU football to tell anyone he's overrated. Let me rephrase, I don't think he is overrated, OU was overrated last year and didn't need to play SC, Auburn should have.
Auburn? They barely beat a so-so V. Tech team. I don't think Auburn scores against USC last year. In fact I don't think anybody was worthy of playing USC.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Dallas said:
That is rediculous. Who said he would be successful? Nobody knows. Hello! I think the whole point of this thread is if Stoops is over-rated. I was pointing to his record. How can you be as successful as he has been and then call him over-rated. I dont get the argument. What makes a coach like Stoops over-rated? His record speaks volumes. How do you argue it?

I dont recall ole Jimmah doing so hot in Miami once he left Dallas for his boat and then came back to coach the fins.

You say that we don't know if he's successful yet you make the argument that 15 teams would sign him "in an instant"...does this mean that there's 15 desperate owners who would sign a name coach or that you think he'll be successful to the point where he can shop that many teams? If you say that Johnson wasn't successful in Miami than that means that the coaching success rate for NFL head coaches with no prior league coaching experience is 0.0% - if that's the case than count me as one of the 17 other owners who would say "No thanks"

BTW - While in Miami Johnson did a bad job at drafting offensive guys (Yatil Green, Karim Jabbar and the LSU back whose name I can't remember - he ended up making headlines for exposing himself rather than football), but check out what he did to that defense (Madison, Surtain, Taylor, Thomas, Gardner, etc), I'd say he was extremely successful there, turned a weakness into a monster - and he did this while not only cleaning up the salary cap mess Shula left with the spending spree but put them in healthy cap shape.

Back to my point, college-wise I think Stoops is a very good coach (Note the college-wise), as a NFL coach I think he'd be a disaster. Just my opinion.....

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Here's to Stoops never leaving Oklahoma. Programs have their ups and downs. But the dude has a NC and a few big 12 titles to show for it. No one else in the Big 12 can say that. There is alot of talent on the roster. No doubt the QB situation is ugly. Does Brandon Daniels have any eligiblity left? I can tell you this though, even John Blake still beat Texas. Stoops is gonna have a good time playing the underdog card in Dallas.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
I think in a few weeks we're going to realize that TCU was underrated

oops...

check the score from last night...TCU lost to mighty SMU

David

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
I think in a few weeks we're going to realize that TCU was underrated

SMU would beg to differ with you...

Egads, the Sooners lose to TCU, which then promptly turns around and loses to SMU??