Stoops to Dallas - confirm this??

Peterman60

Reaction score
Can someone confirm this???
I just pulled this from sportsrumormill.com:

"Just saw on epsn post game reports that yesterday it was heard that Jerry had made a call to OUs Bob Stoops, possibly to talk about the Dallas COwboys in 2005! The Oklahoma reporter has also confirmed this to be true. There are strong rumblings within Dallas that say, BP will resign at the end of the season."

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Peterman60 said:

"Just saw on epsn post game reports that yesterday it was heard that Jerry had made a call to OUs Bob Stoops, possibly to talk about the Dallas COwboys in 2005! The Oklahoma reporter has also confirmed this to be true. There are strong rumblings within Dallas that say, BP will resign at the end of the season."
wow. that would come as a shock to me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny I just mentioned this last night in a post. Clairvoint? Ironic? Lucky guess? Either way, that would be HUGE news.

VoR

Reaction score
Peterman60 said:

I worry when Bill does resign we will be forced with Zimmer,Carthon or Payton as head coach. Now that scares the HELL out of me!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Moose in the Fox pregame said that Parcells seemed very distant from the team this week. What that means about next year he did not know, but it does sound like something may be up.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't know whether it's true or not, but even if it is, I wonder how long it will take before Cowboys fans are calling after Stoops head. :rolleyes:

Fans, like people, are so fickle. The grass is always greener on the other side. Sigh.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Let's just stop and think about this for a second.

If ESPN really knew about this, don't you think it would be all over the network?

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
At this point, I really don't care.

Wholesale changes need to be made.....whether that includes the HC position or not, I don't know.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Parcells and hope he stays.

I just want this season to end

VoR

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
I don't know whether it's true or not, but even if it is, I wonder how long it will take before Cowboys fans are calling after Stoops head. :rolleyes:

Fans, like people, are so fickle. The grass is always greener on the other side. Sigh.

That's true, I guess the grass was alot greener with Switzer. Hell let's keep a coach no matter how bad he does for as long as he wants to do it. No more firing coaches in sports PERIOD. I'm sure,if given the time - they will ALL turn their teams around.

Sheesh

:mule:

Noone

Reaction score
The guy has been Head Coach at OU for six years and has played in three National Championship games and has had a chance to play in two others clear up until November.

I very much doubt this is happening.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Jerry has been mentioning Bill's health in several interviews recently. Boy would I love that if it came true, but I don't believe it.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
My favorite part about this thread, other than the fact that some people are taking it serious, is how the title has "confirm this" . . .

Yeah . . . lets make a few phone calls, people, and see what we can come up with!

We're all a bunch of Chris Mortensons over here . . .

:rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
VoR said:
That's true, I guess the grass was alot greener with Switzer. Hell let's keep a coach no matter how bad he does for as long as he wants to do it. No more firing coaches in sports PERIOD. I'm sure,if given the time - they will ALL turn their teams around.

Sheesh

:mule:

Bill Parcells is in his second year. I don't think we need to be firing coaches in their second year. It takes at least four years to turn a bad team around. And the Cowboys are a bad team. PERIOD.

Maybe you wear rose-colored glasses, but I don't.

dstew60105

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Bill Parcells is in his second year. I don't think we need to be firing coaches in their second year. It takes at least four years to turn a bad team around. And the Cowboys are a bad team. PERIOD.

Maybe you wear rose-colored glasses, but I don't.

I don't mnd BP, just needs to overhaul this roster starting with #16. His blind faith loyality to him is just sickening. A healthly off-season and solid draft and we can compete next year.

calico

Reaction score
Not another Sooner coach to ruin the team. Parcells is going to stay and he should.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Midswat said:
My favorite part about this thread, other than the fact that some people are taking it serious, is how the title has "confirm this" . . .

Yeah . . . lets make a few phone calls, people, and see what we can come up with!

We're all a bunch of Chris Mortensons over here . . .

:rolleyes:

:lmao:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
dstew60105 said:
I don't mnd BP, just needs to overhaul this roster starting with #16. His blind faith loyality to him is just sickening. A healthly off-season and solid draft and we can compete next year.

I agree. It's time to start moving this team forward.

But I give Bill a bit of leeway. I think he wanted to start the rebuilding process earlier but too a wait-and-see position when he came in last year.

When the Boyz went 10-6, I think he realized we could possibly compete but at the same time recognized that the talent level wasn't where it should be (which led him to say we may be better this year but the record might not show it).

I think this year has shown him the areas he needs to upgrade. I expect a complete overhaul next year, mixing the roster with key free agents and youth via the draft.

Again, I'm not terribly disappointed in this season because my expectations weren't that high. I recognized this was a team devoid of talent and that it takes time to accumulate talent. The onus is on Parcells next year for this team to show significant improvement with this roster, especially since he has had two years drafting with the Cowboys and his picks should be rounding into shape by then.

By year four if we're not competing for a Super Bowl, then I may be ready to say the game has passed Bill by.