Stop crying!

willia451

Reaction score
Everyone that is drafted is just an unproven prospect from top to bottom. If you can get a starter or two out of it all you've hit the jackpot.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even going to pretend to know the back grounds and scouting of these players. Just please explain why most of them have a 7th round to PFA grade and Dallas took the in the 3rd and 4th. Somebody better know something.
Yeah, some questions on my part too, but I can't do anything about it, so Go Cowboys!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We got, who we got! Good luck to them. The guys that you wanted, that we didn't get????? I hope they suck as bad as Garrett!
It is this special kind of cluelessness that keeps the coffers of the Jones family overflowing.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
So far best i can tell based on what the "Experts" :facepalm: say. Here is what i found

1. Parsons ranked #9 player in the draft

2. Joseph Ranked #67 Player got beat up by Pitts but, who dont!

3. Odighizuwa #93 ranked player

4.Golston #170 ranked player

5. Wright didn't make the top 300

Trajan

Reaction score
Every year it's the same thing. If they don't draft the players fans have been hearing about, everyone panics. How many people here knew who Tony Pollard was before they drafted him? The only way to judge the draft properly is by the record of the guys drafting. Dallas has an outstanding first-round draft record and a very good 3rd and 4th round draft record (Dak Prescott anyone?). The second round has been uneven, but they tend to take more chance there.

Just trust the people doing the draft. Believe me, they know more than you or I.

Look, it’s just a learned behavior. The team isn’t good, the drafting will have many busts. We have been beaten down over 25 years of Jerry promising us that every reclamation project he drafts will be the next “_insert HOF name here_” every single season. Every single season.

Cant blame anyone who doesn’t immediately rush out and buy one of these UDFA level players we drafted in the 3rd’s jersey.

For the record picks 1/2 I give an A, the 3rd round picks F-.

This is just a taste of how the season will go. See something good, draw us in, hope is rekindled, then Jerry will spew some nonsense, the team will crash and burn, rinse and repeat.

Legend

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to build a D that controls the LOS, stuffs the run, and put consistent pressure on opposing QBs.

The Cowboys need to bring the D back to the allas Cowboys.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No, it’s hate. No matter what the Cowboys did y’all were going to crap on it.
The year is 1981... the Dallas Cowboys move up in the draft to the 2 spot and draft Lawrence Taylor............ next day in the Zone post after post is shredding Jerry for moving up and wasting draft capital........

nobody

Reaction score
Before we pronounce a failed draft or that they screwed up, how about we give them the off-season and regular season to see signs of life? CB takes a couple of years to really get it for example.

Yeah, it sucks that we may have to wait, but when you screw up a defense over the years as bad as the Jones' have by devoting so much time and money to offense and picking questionably on defense, it takes time to fix.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Before we pronounce a failed draft or that they screwed up, how about we give them the off-season and regular season to see signs of life? CB takes a couple of years to really get it for example.

Yeah, it sucks that we may have to wait, but when you screw up a defense over the years as bad as the Jones' have by devoting so much time and money to offense and picking questionably on defense, it takes time to fix.

No... Dallas needs to actually earn benefit of the doubt from fans. They used all of it up a loooong time ago.

nobody

Reaction score
No... Dallas needs to actually earn benefit of the doubt from fans. They used all of it up a loooong time ago.

The Jones' are going to do what they do regardless. I don't like them, but I have no say in it. Do I think this team is SB bound? Probably not and if the team starts running their mouth I'll tell them less talk more do, but I won't pronounce doom on new players who had no say in who drafted them or when in the draft they were drafted. I'll give them a chance.

Rather than cry and whine now, why not give them a chance? So your pet cats weren't chosen...happens. There are only so many draft spots and everyone has their own opinion. Don't like it? Buy an NFL team.