Stop it with the Dak contract

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
yes and they have a 20 + year track record of success to prove it:facepalm:
Jerry has made stupid mistakes but hes also built teams that couldve won championships. At some point you have to stop blaming Jerry and start blaming the players. Theres no reason in hell the 2007 team shouldbt have been playing for a superbowl.

Is it Jerrys fault Aikman, Irvin and Johnston has career ending injuries that crippled the team? That was what cause the collapse. Not Jerry. Theres nothing that couldve stopped that.

With Irvin career in doubt Jerry went out and traded for one of the most feared WRs in the nfl at the time in Galloway. Is it Jerrys fault he had a freak injury and Then Aikmans career comes to an end with another freak hit.

Look at Romos numbers in the playoffs, is it Jerrys fault Romo was weak sauce in the playoffs?

For being so opinionated you dont seem to know much about what this teams gone through the last 20 yrs. Its not all about Jerry.

Last edited:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I read thread after thread about this AAV of 30something mil. Those that gripe about the AAV really have no idea how this team runs. And there are quite a few on here. In 2007 Romo signed a 6 yr 67.5mil deal and in 2013 he signed a 108mil deal. He never had a caphit of 10mil. Dak will never have a caphit of 34mil in any yr. They will do what they did with Romo and restructure and extend. He will not lose money but ensure he is a lifelong Cowboy. This will be structured like this because he's still so young and make so much more money then other QBs and still never strap the Cowboys cap like Romo never did.

This team is smarter then you, so let them do their jobs.

Thank god, some sanity finally comes to the 30 MIL FOR DAK %$$@#%$ subject...

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Jerry has made stupid mistakes but hes also built teams that couldve won championships. At some point you have to stop blaming Jerry and start blaming the players. Theres no reason in hell the 2007 team shouldbt have been playing for a superbowl.

Is it Jerrys fault Aikman, Irving and Johnston has career ending injuries that crippled the team? That was what cause the collapse. Not Jerry. Theres nothing that couldve stopped that.

With Irving career in doubt Jerry went out and traded for one of the most feared WRs in the nfl at the time in Galloway. Is it Jerrys fault he had a freak injury and Then Aikmans career comes to an end with another freak hit.

Look at Romos numbers in the playoffs, is it Jerrys fault Romo was weak sauce in the playoffs?

For being so opinionated you dont seem to know much about what this teams gone through the last 20 yrs. Its not all about Jerry.

I blame Jerry for firing Jimmy. That was his fault. I have to imagine Jimmy would have moved on between then and now anyway, though.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I blame Jerry for firing Jimmy. That was his fault. I have to imagine Jimmy would have moved on between then and now anyway, though.
Jimmy was a snake, he was working behind Jerrys back to go to florida. Jimmy thought he was a genius. His time in miami says different. Jerrys money gave him success.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Most fans don't want to hear this but Jimmy was at fault too. Both him and Jerry had way too much ego.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Did Romos dead money stop this team from winning the 2nd most games in that span?

No but it might have stopped them from winning a Super Bowl. Finding Dak in the fourth round helped to offset paying so much money at the QB position but maybe, just maybe, they could have brought in some key help elsewhere if they were able to go totally cheap at the QB position. I hate to play butterfly effect, though. Things worked out as they did and your point of paying Dak a lot of money is taken unless something tragic happens injury or otherwise to him.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Most fans don't want to hear this but Jimmy was at fault too. Both him and Jerry had way too much ego.

I agree. I think Jimmy probably would have won three in a row had Jerry not fired him when he did. I ultimately don't think Jimmy would have had a Belichick like career in Dallas having stayed 20+ years.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree. I think Jimmy probably would have won three in a row had Jerry not fired him when he did. I ultimately don't think Jimmy would have had a Belichick like career in Dallas having stayed 20+ years.
I don't think Jerry just fired him. Jimmy wanted out.

Since you want to play what ifs...... Healthy, and Jimmy still the coach, they could have won 4 or 5 straight.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
If people would look at Jimmy's track record, he never stayed more than 5 years in one place, they would know that it wasn't all Jerry. Jimmy had a foot out the door after the 2nd super bowl and was talking with Jax about being their first head coach. People who place 100% of the blame on Jerry are 100% wrong. Jimmy should shoulder half the blame for his departure from Dallas.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
No but it might have stopped them from winning a Super Bowl. Finding Dak in the fourth round helped to offset paying so much money at the QB position but maybe, just maybe, they could have brought in some key help elsewhere if they were able to go totally cheap at the QB position. I hate to play butterfly effect, though. Things worked out as they did and your point of paying Dak a lot of money is taken unless something tragic happens injury or otherwise to him.

The best thing i like about Dak is he never takes big hits.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I read thread after thread about this AAV of 30something mil. Those that gripe about the AAV really have no idea how this team runs. And there are quite a few on here. In 2007 Romo signed a 6 yr 67.5mil deal and in 2013 he signed a 108mil deal. He never had a caphit of 10mil. Dak will never have a caphit of 34mil in any yr. They will do what they did with Romo and restructure and extend. He will not lose money but ensure he is a lifelong Cowboy. This will be structured like this because he's still so young and make so much more money then other QBs and still never strap the Cowboys cap like Romo never did.

So, just like with Romo, when it’s time for him to go there will be how much total dead money against the cap for two years? $50-$60 million? Maybe more? You’re wrong about Romo’s cap hit. It’s been well over $10 million both years he hasn’t even been on the team. How smart is that business model with no real success to show for it? I’d rather they just pay Dak what he’s worth instead of paying an average QB top 5 money. When he gets them close to a super bowl, then fine but right now he’s a middle of the pack QB with 1 playoff win and two straight years of declining numbers. Not the guy I want to pay the same as QBs who have been to and/ or won Super Bowls.

Silly

Reaction score
The Romo contract didn't hurt the Cowboys until it did. There were a couple of dead money years where the expectation was Romo would play until age 40. Finding Dak in the fourth round helped offset that, though.

It was probably the main reason it took years for dallas to develop a defense. They only had enough money to sign Hardy's & Rolando's. Go ahead and make Dak the highest paid QB, Zeke the highest paid RB, Coop the highest paid Wr, Smith the highest paid LB, and DLaw a top five DE. I just hope nobody is injured because the team can't afford to replace anybody.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Romo hasn't started for 3 years and hasn't played for two. THIS is the first year that Romo's salary wasn't dead money.

I think its naïve for those that act like pushing the can down the road has no affect.

Romo's dead money was one of the many reasons why we couldn't take advantage of the window of Dak on his rookie deal.

And there so many obvious, bumbling mistakes this FO makes, there are posters calling it all left and right every year. It takes the FO several years to catch up. I'll give you one right now:

-They are screwing up by not taking the backup QB position seriously. We have two joke backups with no experience. In a year when you think you have a shot to do something special, you need a QB that can win you a few games.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With the NFL cap in place, Dak Prescott still has to be cheaper than a $2 B electric company, even cheaper that his yacht just purchased...

Hardline

Reaction score
The team has had a Superbowl roster a few times, coaching has doomed this team. So unless those members.... Including you.... can get the right coach then no you can't.

By the way Jerry already has 3 Superbowl championships so unless you or those several members can beat that, than y'all would be working in a front office somewhere.
Hiring a new coach would be the first thing I did.
Then I would take over scouting. There are many mid to late round players that are killing it for other teams that I openly called for. We would have a more talented roster if I were in charge.