Stop the crying!

aria

Reaction score
It's 9 freaking years. The players have been churned. Some of the assistants have been churned. At what point do we stop trying to blame the talent or lack thereof and focus on the constants here? Namely, the HC and Marinelli, for example?
I’m not advocating keeping Garrett, give someone else a shot but in the overall scheme of things things this year, do you really think our coaching lost the majority of the games? I don’t. We can sit here and cherry pick every decision and every play but our players were put in a position to win and didn’t get it done.

Bellichik wouldn’t have prevented Zeke or Witten from fumbling against the Saints. Payton wouldn’t have caused our over rated defense from actually making tackles and performing basic football fundamentals. McVay wouldn’t have prevented Dak from throwing INT’s. Everyone talks about how genius Pederson is as a HC and we stomped the Eagles.

Again, let Garrett go, fine, he’s had too long but I won’t blame the majority of our recent losses on coaching.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m not advocating keeping Garrett, give someone else a shot but in the overall scheme of things things this year, do you really think our coaching lost the majority of the games? I don’t. We can sit here and cherry pick every decision and every play but our players were put in a position to win and didn’t get it done.

Bellichik wouldn’t have prevented Zeke or Witten from fumbling against the Saints. Payton wouldn’t have caused our over rated defense from actually making tackles and performing basic football fundamentals. McVay wouldn’t have prevented Dak from throwing INT’s. Everyone talks about how genius Pederson is as a HC and we stomped the Eagles.

Again, let Garrett go, fine, he’s had too long but I won’t blame the majority of our recent losses on coaching.

This year?

Yes, I think the coaching has been a big problem in some of our losses. Three of our losses, the team was woefully unprepared to start the game, digging big holes. There was few adjustments made defensively in the Packers and Vikes game as Marinelli and Richard had zero answers for the wrinkles both used in their running game. Collinsworth pointed it out last night how the Vikes were using the FB more than they ever had and we had no answer for it as the Vikes just gashed us including a drive where they ran it 10 straight times and we couldn't stop it. We got out schemed and outsmarted both games just like the Rams and Colts games last year where the defensive coaches has zero answers or adjustments.

And how can anyone argue that the Jets loss was on talent?

The Saints game is the one game I think you can squarely put on the players - the fumbles, dumb penalties, dropped balls.

InTheZone

Reaction score
aria you're not the coach of this team or us so why are you even talking to us like we need to keep a calm collected mind and move on to the next week?

This was a typical Garrett loss, but it's apparent slow starts, poor execution, questionable play calling at times, and very obvious weak links (for at least in this game Awuzie was responsible for so much success in the pass game and LVE was beyond terrible in run defense that led to big gains) contributed to this loss.

Coaches should've benched LVE and Awuzie at some point before the game was over, they should've never took the foot off the game in the 2nd to last drive, Dak needs to take control of the offense on those final drives. Players need to limit mistakes, stop going for every 55+ yard field goal, stop fair catching when it appears you have a potential 20+ yard return in sight. Stop running every 1st down, stop being predictable on offense, stop leaving every screen wide open, stop throwing to Zeke in the flats on the short side of the field (that last pass by Dak was beyond dumb for as good as he played for most of the game).

Once again we're in another mid-late season with mistakes that seem to be reoccurring at a high rate.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe we can trade all the participation trophies we've collected over the last 24 years for a real one.
Yaaaaayyyyy mediocrity!

Exactly.

Maybe we can trade all those participation trophies for a real one. It's only been 24 years. :mad:

aria

Reaction score
aria you're not the coach of this team or us so why are you even talking to us like we need to keep a calm collected mind and move on to the next week?

This was a typical Garrett loss, but it's apparent slow starts, poor execution, questionable play calling at times, and very obvious weak links (for at least in this game Awuzie was responsible for so much success in the pass game and LVE was beyond terrible in run defense that led to big gains) contributed to this loss.

Coaches should've benched LVE and Awuzie at some point before the game was over, they should've never took the foot off the game in the 2nd to last drive, Dak needs to take control of the offense on those final drives. Players need to limit mistakes, stop going for every 55+ yard field goal, stop fair catching when it appears you have a potential 20+ yard return in sight. Stop running every 1st down, stop being predictable on offense, stop leaving every screen wide open, stop throwing to Zeke in the flats on the short side of the field (that last pass by Dak was beyond dumb for as good as he played for most of the game).

Once again we're in another mid-late season with mistakes that seem to be reoccurring at a high rate.
I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I was playing coach. Did you inform every other person who started a thread today that they aren’t the coach either?

I’m talking from a realistic point of views which is very uncommon and unpopular with most fans here. We win a few games against loser teams so I caution people to not get too excited and get roasted for saying that. We barely lose against a couple good teams, largely due to players, and I say it’s not the end of the world so I get roasted for that as well.

What exactly should I say? It seems the only acceptable way around here is to be completely irrational and delusional. Either we’re going to the Super Bowl one week or we’re an absolute trash team the next, nothing else.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I counted one thread topic on the front page that was positive. We had a close loss to a good team, the world isn’t over. All of these threads about the division being lost, the team sucks, etc are such an over reaction and it’s depressing. We have a few lay ups left (Washington, Bears, Detroit, even the Rams suck now) but we lose a couple close hard fought games and everyone throws a temper tantrum.

This is football, we’ll win some and lose some. Luckily our division sucks and we’re never out of it. The coaches some of you blow all lost games this weekend and actually haven’t looked too great this year.

Saints lost to a one win team, Rams are looking bad, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have predictably choked once again, the Colts lost to Miami...the season is far from over but glancing at these threads you would think we just lost the division and a wild card spot.

So what? We lost to a good team and several plays could have changed the outcome. Stop the whining, there’s still plenty of time left. I just hope the players aren’t as mentally weak as some of you because if thats the case then yeah, we should hang it up.
You creating a thread telling people to stop crying is hilarious. I'd like to hear you go off about Zeke again. Never get enough of that crybaby rant you go on.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'd be more positive if Dallas was at least a top 12 team. But not much was really expected from the boys this season.

aria

Reaction score
You creating a thread telling people to stop crying is hilarious. I'd like to hear you go off about Zeke again. Never get enough of that crybaby rant you go on.
First of all, there’s plenty of other people who have started threads about Zeke and how dumb that contract was so I don’t need to. Second of all, there’s quite a difference between complaining over a loss and still being in control of our own destiny vs giving a RB a long term contract that will cripple this team for years.

Anyways, since you brought up how much you want to talk about it, let’s talk about Zeke. Another big game he failed to show up in, great job Ewok! Let me guess, it wasn’t his fault, was it? It never is. He has a great game and it’s because he’s the best back in the league, he has a bad game and it’s because the O line sucked, the coaching sucked, the wind was blowing the wrong way, the ball was wet...any excuse other than he didn’t play well.

Sorry you’re in denial baby girl, Zeke was a complete waste of a contract and he’s a good back but not worth what they paid him.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't watch the game... I returned Sunday afternoon from a overseas trip and my wife had prepared a wonderful meal pared with a great bottle of wine. We caught up on the things i missed the past week and, you know what, I didn't miss watching the game at all. No angst, no stress, no nothing.

I have been a fan since the late 60's and have gone through the normal sinusoidal emotions that most fans experience with "their" teams. For most of my adult life, I lived and worked outside the US, meaning, the opportunity to watch live American sports, much less, your favorite team was a real treat. I recall staying up until the wee hours of the morning watching the Cowboys from the US Embassy club in Lagos, Nigeria. Good memories.

When I retired to Colorado a few years ago, I was truly excited with the prospect of watching football "live". My enthusiasm, however, dampened the last couple of years with the game, in general, and the Cowboys, specifically. I could go on and on about the officiating and television time-outs, but I won't .

There is no doubt during the past few years, the Cowboys have amassed a better-than-average roster and the FO should be recognized for that. Yet, they continue to underwhelm. It has all been covered in the previous posts -- lack of real-time game adjustments, poor or incomplete schemes, misuse of personal, misuse of the clock, etc., etc. The root cause for all this is, of course, the management and the coaching staff... they go hand in hand.

As much as Jerry Jones, the Owner, has set the table for a championship team (state-of-the-art stadium and facilities, marketing, etc), Jerry Jones, the GM, is a failure. Sure, he had success early on with Jimmy -- quite frankly, I see that as more a fluke than a stroke of genius.

The single biggest positive impact Jerry Jones, the Owner, could have on this franchise is firing Jerry Jones, the GM. The second biggest thing is firing the HC. Since the first won't happen and the second hasn't happened, I will enjoy the Cowboys for what they are -- entertainment, nothing more and nothing less

And, will spend more romantic Sunday afternoon and evenings with my lovely wife.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
3g0lff.jpg

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
"Hey, I got an idea ...
Maybe if we're positive Garrett will start doing his job .

- He will game-plan for each team, and not go out every single week exactly the same.
- Play calling will start to make sense.
- Coaching will find ways to exploit our players' strength versus the same old garbage , and demanding 'execution'.
- He will start challenging awful ref calls .
- He will motivate the bench, so players don't look depressed .
- He will change the playbook at least every year, so we aren't so predictable .

Its only about not whining ... That will solve everything . Makes sense huh?

Yeah, just thought of that i a minute ago .

Problem solved ."

TASTE THE SARC.

aria

Reaction score
Problem is we've seen that for 10 freaking years. It's not just this game, it's the same mess year after year after year....
But this isn’t the playoffs. Most of us predicted a 10-6 season, I was a little more optimistic, but this shouldn’t be a surprise. The one head scratcher was the Jets but we did have several key injuries, not that I’m using that as an excuse. So why is everyone flipping out? Because we lost to a very good team?

It’s almost as if no one has paid attention to who we’ve beat so far and got too optimistically drunk on Jerrah’s Kool Aid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I counted one thread topic on the front page that was positive. We had a close loss to a good team, the world isn’t over. All of these threads about the division being lost, the team sucks, etc are such an over reaction and it’s depressing. We have a few lay ups left (Washington, Bears, Detroit, even the Rams suck now) but we lose a couple close hard fought games and everyone throws a temper tantrum.

This is football, we’ll win some and lose some. Luckily our division sucks and we’re never out of it. The coaches some of you blow all lost games this weekend and actually haven’t looked too great this year.

Saints lost to a one win team, Rams are looking bad, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have predictably choked once again, the Colts lost to Miami...the season is far from over but glancing at these threads you would think we just lost the division and a wild card spot.

So what? We lost to a good team and several plays could have changed the outcome. Stop the whining, there’s still plenty of time left. I just hope the players aren’t as mentally weak as some of you because if thats the case then yeah, we should hang it up.
One positive thread a day here is a good day who are you kidding. Place is overrun by a bunch of losers and quitters.