Stop the crying!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I counted one thread topic on the front page that was positive. We had a close loss to a good team, the world isn’t over. All of these threads about the division being lost, the team sucks, etc are such an over reaction and it’s depressing. We have a few lay ups left (Washington, Bears, Detroit, even the Rams suck now) but we lose a couple close hard fought games and everyone throws a temper tantrum.

This is football, we’ll win some and lose some. Luckily our division sucks and we’re never out of it. The coaches some of you blow all lost games this weekend and actually haven’t looked too great this year.

Saints lost to a one win team, Rams are looking bad, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have predictably choked once again, the Colts lost to Miami...the season is far from over but glancing at these threads you would think we just lost the division and a wild card spot.

So what? We lost to a good team and several plays could have changed the outcome. Stop the whining, there’s still plenty of time left. I just hope the players aren’t as mentally weak as some of you because if thats the case then yeah, we should hang it up.
I was honestly scared to open your thread. Then they dropped. I manned up.

Couldn’t agree more. I will harken back to last year at 3-5. All was lost. Then we rolled into the playoffs and got beat by a superior coached team, with talent. That’d be the Ram’s if anyone payed attention.

We ain’t done by any stretch! We still lead the NFC East. We have a helluva road. But we ain’t done.

Garrett is probably gone at the end of the year because I don’t see us as an NFC Championship caliber team, but dumber thangs have happened.

aria

Reaction score
I was honestly scared to open your thread. Then they dropped. I manned up.

Couldn’t agree more. I will harken back to last year at 3-5. All was lost. Then we rolled into the playoffs and got beat by a superior coached team, with talent. That’d be the Ram’s if anyone payed attention.

We ain’t done by any stretch! We still lead the NFC East. We have a helluva road. But we ain’t done.

Garrett is probably gone at the end of the year because I don’t see us as an NFC Championship caliber team, but dumber thangs have happened.
To be honest, I think our schedule is much easier than what we thought it would be a few months ago. I understand we lost to the Jets but the circumstances were pretty unique. The Patsies have had the easiest schedule in the league and I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat them but we’ll call it a loss for good measure.

Who else on our schedule “scares” you? I think it will come down to how Philthy does and how we do, maybe even our game against them, but we’re right in the mix of it. This over reaction drives me crazy, just as the over reaction did after we beat some of the worst teams in the league.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
To be honest, I think our schedule is much easier than what we thought it would be a few months ago. I understand we lost to the Jets but the circumstances were pretty unique. The Patsies have had the easiest schedule in the league and I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat them but we’ll call it a loss for good measure.

Who else on our schedule “scares” you? I think it will come down to how Philthy does and how we do, maybe even our game against them, but we’re right in the mix of it. This over reaction drives me crazy, just as the over reaction did after we beat some of the worst teams in the league.
Bump! Agreed.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I do get it and I understand what you’re saying but coaching hasn’t lost our games this season. Coaching didn’t lose against New Orleans and coaching didn’t lose last night. There’s so many plays that can be questioned but if the players actually executed than those plays wouldn’t even be a thought. For example, last week we hit a 55+ FG against the Giants IIRC. No one said a word, it was all praises. This week he misses it and it’s apparently a game deciding decision :rolleyes:
All I can tell you is that the team I watched win 3 superbowls in 4 years bears little resemblance to the current edition. The coaching has been and continues to be suspect...the defense continues to be NOT elite (every year they are near the bottom in turnovers, defensive passer rating and defensive DVOA according to FootballOutsiders).

The key difference between the 90's teams and the current teams is that the former could be counted on to find a way to win the most important games "consistently"...especially in the playoffs, while the latter cannot be counted upon to do the same "consistently"...especially in the playoffs, where Garrett has just two wins since 2010. One team had a coach with a hammer...the other has an eternal clapper. The Cowboys are not good enough to have substandard coaching, a substandard defense and a slow-starting offense. You probably need at least TWO areas to be hitting consistently to progress but sunday night they had only ONE. Prescott is playing with arguably one of the best offenses ever assembled in Dallas...Cobb, Cooper, Gallup, Jarwin, Witten, Elliot and the o-line. It is not likely that such potency will continue once he and other key players are paid the big bucks, which will also not necessarily portend an improvement in the talent level on the defensive side. This seems to be what is happening with the Rams and Goff at present.

What I see in Dallas is an entrenched, excuse-making, arrogant and comfortable coaching staff/organization who don't seem to have a significant distaste for losing...only the impetus to remain "comfortable" with the "arrangement". But you mark my words sir...Garrett is never going to see the trophy room with this team. I said it 8 years ago and I'll keep saying it. Garrett should have followed Phillips out of the door. The last ten years have been about the eternal optimist Jerry Jones desperately trying to plug a square peg into a round hole. Among the longest tenured head coaches currently in the NFL...Jason Garrett is EASILY the worst as it pertains to playoff football. I have ZERO confidence that this team can win 3 or 4 consecutive playoff games against THE best in the NFL. They are now 0-3 against teams with a winning record not named the Philadelphia Eagles.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ridiculous. Please explain to me how the division is so certainly lost.

I would, but you are benched already...……LMAO...……..must have been a rough day for the homers.

This dude is benched, Diehard is calling people aholes in another thread, its getting bad for the homers, all three of them left.

The end is near for their beloved Garrett and they are not taking it too well.:laugh: