Strange Situations = Longest Contract Negotiation

cern

Reaction score
I honestly cannot remember any QB Contract negotiation taking this long ( without a doubt their may have been i just cannot recall one ) Seems like this has become the perfect storm situational wise which contributed to this.... If i am missing anything please feel free to add your thoughts

I am sure the Jerry and company media comments have amplified this as well but when you look at everything this is a unique storm sort to speak !

Dak Drafted never expected to start
Romo and company get hurt
Dak Kills it rookie season

Takes the starting job which seemed a long shot or at least years away ( thus causing a divide with the romo lovers when he lost his job, i loved romo and loved what Dak did what a weird place to be)

Since he is not a first round pick rookie contract is less years than expected and lower in comparison. COWBOYS WIN

I am sure Dak did not think he would be in this position to get a pay day like this, this quickly- Maybe eventually but not this soon !

Then you get Wentz and Geoff being paid early not to mention Garapallo ( butchered that spelling i am sure LOL) getting paid while sort of being unproven

Daks agent personally is in a tough position ---- Daks contract needs to be good so he can use it as an example to other potential clients --- with the leagues revenue and pay scale about to shift dramatically in a few years i fully understand why he wants a shorter deal so he can negotiate a second contract we are in uncharted waters !!! I admire Dak for not being afraid to bet on himself ( i also don't blame him for going for his in a cut throat business where his career could end in one hit any of us would do the same thing use leverage we have to get a great deal ) ----- he may never have thought this type of payday was possible ! If Daks agent screws this up, it will be damaging to his career ( i get the agents position although as fans i hate it and i am sure noone cares about him LOL )

We have not even mentioned the Qb company Daks stats have put him with the start to his career. They have him on a path if he keeps it up for greatness !! then on the other hand there are those that argue well there is no superbowl title and he needs a superior cast to achieve what he has done it is a really muddled situation

How much of all this not winning a superbowl talk was Garrets Fault !!

So Many What if's or unanswered questions

I personally love dak and am 100% behind him i have stayed out of the countless threads regarding all the hate.

BUT in all seriousness Just looking at everything leading up to this negotiation it is just a really weird perfect storm.

I really hope this gets worked out soon though so we can move on honestly i am tired of it, but all along this was never a normal contract discussion or situation ! Just my 2 Cents
Kirk cousins.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why would Jerry or any owner do that? When players negotiate contracts, fans overwhelming side with owners because they want to see players get less. Then hate the players when they don't. Did you not see people calling Zeke "greedy" and "disrespectful" for "asking out of turn?" Those people held up Dak as a shining example of just "playing on the deal you signed." Now that Dak has "waited his turn" and doesn't have a contract, those same people are now saying he has character flaws and calling him greedy for not signing the initial contract offer.

Multiple things wrong with this post.

1. You didn't realize I was joking?
2. You asked why would Jerry or any owner do that, then go on to list the reasons why they should.
3. Zeke is playing out the deal he signed. Zeke asked for an extension and got it. He's still playing out his rookie contract.

Just curious, why do you think fans side with the owners?