CFZ Strategic roster building

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm torn Bob, we're in a passing league, yet everyone feels that we need to run the ball, yet running backs pay has been diminished. If I were a RB would I want to be the top RB knowing that I may not see the top money that guys have made over the years like Elliott and Mccaffery
The run game is on its way back in. Defenses went small to play the pass game. But teams run in the playoffs and against good teams. The final 4 teams were all big enough up front to defend the run, had good LBs, and had good to better than good run games. We are going to see more power run games behind huge OLs in the next few years, and small defenses are going to be in trouble.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
so that's what you're doing you're going back 15 years or almost 20 dude give it a rest take a step back can you stop living in the past I mean that is so long ago it's ridiculous to even bring it up right now we've had success with Dalton Schultz and Ferguson back-to-back it's Schoonmaker's going to be a good backup that's all that matters it's what's been happening recently that's given us 36 wins two division titles three straight playoff first this is some of the most consistent winning we've had since the mid 90s and you're gonna bring up something that's almost 20 years old are you serious that is just ridiculous that's why fan bases are nothing but hyperbole egomaniacal exaggeration machines... You are not professionals but when you gotta make your debate try to win a debate by bringing something up that happened that long ago and saying that they took Flyers on a tight end no the entire NFL does that they they pick players that don't workout sometimes it's even in the top 10 or big time first round picks they become reaches and busts it happens they believe Escobar was going to be a solid player and he was not and that means nothing today absolutely nothing...:facepalm::angry::thumbdown::espn::popcorn:
Interesting. You use ellipsis, but seem to disdain every other sort of punctuation.

Football has a historical context...and the man was JUST inducted into the COWBOYS Ring of Honor, he's CURRENTLY an analyst and CURRENTLY advising Jerry.

I'd say you need to stop telling other people who they can listen to and start focusing on the substance of the post. Don't try to fix me, fix the team.

If your "36 wins!" metric was good enough, why did Jerry/Stephen/Dak...etc...all say this was A HUGE, UNFORSEEN DISAPPOINTMENT? Try arguing with them first...then come after me. I'll wait. :)

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
If we are going to rebuild which we should, if we are not going all in. Any other option is point less.

Trade CD for 2 firsts, in a deep WR Draft. Rebuild the the trenches. Save $30M a year.

With 2 # 1's next year trade up and get your QB of the future.

Otherwise in 2 to 3 years we will be wondering how Washington won the division.
I would trade anyone on this team to get picks and start farming for a new QB. I love CeeDee and that would be hard. Micah...meh...whatever...he can go too.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
With this team I'd start the investment with:

1. Middle of the DL
2. OL

Via draft, scouts better do their homework; e.g. Mazi

Free agency, no tail ender of career, looking for free money.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The best I hope for from Trey Lance is for him to eventually replace Cooper Rush, if that's, somehow, remotely feasible.

Granted, it might very well include an extended period of further development to accomplish such a demanding task. ;)
be glad we have the kid on our roster.

kevm3

Reaction score
Strategic roster building starts with HIRING AN ACTUAL AGGRESSIVE AND SKILLED GM and moving out of the way and letting him do his job.