Strength of schedule based on overall grades from last year

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The whole thing is dumb. Every year people get their panties in a wad over strength of schedule which has almost no bearing on how this years teams will perform. Last year it was “oh god, we have Jacksonville” and “the Colts should be an easy W”.

I’m sure there’s several other teams I’m forgetting about but the point is a lot of these teams aren’t the same as they were last year due to retirements (Gronk), trades, personnel moves, HC moves (AZ and Tampa) and so on. Basically this chart means nothing and next year we can look back on it and I highly doubt it will turn out we had the hardest schedule based on defenses. Same dung every year.

Good post: The NFL is watered down level of parity making schedules and past performance irrelevant. Schedules don't matter as 8-8 is the baseline for all teams. Coaching, and Injuries is what changes the model....scheduling generated based on TV ratings (money) not win or losses.

aria

Reaction score
A tougher schedule for them...when? At the end of the season after those supposed tougher opponents for us got beaten by other teams, thus making it look as easier opponents?

If I remember correctly, before the season started last year, the Cowboys had the 3rd toughest 2018 schedule. Harder than any division opponents. Are you suddenly moving the goal posts?
So did you even read the links I posted for you? Obviously not, but even if you did, then according to your logic above then us having the hardest schedule this year based on defenses doesn’t matter since it is based from last season, right?

Go back and read both of my links, the Cowboys had an easier schedule than the Giants and Commanders before the 2018 season which was based on the 2017 teams combined winning percentage. In 2017, the Giants had it much more difficult than the Cowboys because they played the most teams coming off a bye and had the least “off days”.

Perhaps you should actually click on the links and read the articles I provided for you before responding with questions that are clearly addressed in the articles and disprove your conspiracy theory. Chop chop...get back to me after you read them.