Strong WR group, no more excuses

waving monkey

Reaction score
  • Cooper
  • Gallup
  • Beezy in the slot
  • Hurns & Austin as decent depth
No more excuses for a weak passing game. I think we paid too much for this trade, but Cooper turns this WR group from weak to quite strong.
I'd like to see a TE in next years draft

glimmerman

Reaction score
The addition of this WR isn’t going to help that much. Maybe helped with the stacked box if Dak can get him the ball consistantly. Otherwise it’s still the same Offense and playcaller and HC. A HC that will make the wrong decisions when the game is on the line.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
This move is only part of the equation. It makes sense if we are able to shore up the OL too. I have to wonder if they know anything more about Frederick's possible return.

Dak clearly needs both factors to improve in order for him to rediscover his former progress.

mmohican29

Reaction score
We still have the TE excuse coming our way next :muttley:

Don't worry, the Joneses have the Propoganda Ministry fully deployed.

You will receive a flyer in the mail requiring full disclosure of your ridiculous and unfounded anxieties. And feel to enter the drawing to win a Dak Prescott game worn jersey.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
What are the expectations ? Is Cooper expected to light it up game 1. If the offense improves, especially the passing game does Cooper need Pro Bowl #'s for this to be a successful trade if somehow his presence opens up the running game.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
What are the expectations ? Is Cooper expected to light it up game 1. If the offense improves, especially the passing game does Cooper need Pro Bowl #'s for this to be a successful trade if somehow his presence opens up the running game.
I don't think he even needs pro bowl numbers.

Averaging 3 catches for 50 yards for the rest of the season will dramatically be an improvement over what we've had out of the position. Even at that minimal production, it'll open things up for Beezy and Swaim.. It'll also allow Gallup to go up against weaker CBs, improving his output.

When you factor all that in, as long as Dak doesn't starting playing P. Manning in the pocket and keeps running, you'll see improved output on the ground out of both Dak and Zeke.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
This is not a STRONG WR UNIT... stop fooling yourself

The 1st two excuses are already there..

Cooper and Dak have no chemistry
Cooper is still learning the scheme
Scheme , what scheme, JG has no scheme , line up and beat your man !

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Scheme , what scheme, JG has no scheme , line up and beat your man !
I don't think that's entirely true.......
but it isn't too far off.

Either way, if this was a 2nd round pick, I don't think this board is going crazy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Correct. Now that the Cowboys have a "true" number one receiver the excuses are over.

I am a Dak Prescott fan that is actually eager to see how he does now. If he fails, then I will be the first to admit all his critics were right.
yeah but there will always be excuses, and failure will be explained away, or they will continue with the "watch the tape and get better" comments,
which now lately had been "we just need to figure out how to be better"

Amari will have to run the same crappy routes our guys do now, in fact after a couple weeks here he might be wondering
what kind of a mess he is in now.
Or who draws up these crazy outdated plays and routes.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Correct. Now that the Cowboys have a "true" number one receiver the excuses are over.

I am a Dak Prescott fan that is actually eager to see how he does now. If he fails, then I will be the first to admit all his critics were right.
YES! Can't wait to be done with this circus! lol

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
  • Cooper
  • Gallup
  • Beezy in the slot
  • Hurns & Austin as decent depth
No more excuses for a weak passing game. I think we paid too much for this trade, but Cooper turns this WR group from weak to quite strong.

The Dakaholics will blame Coop and a bad trade :)