Strong WR group, no more excuses

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I don't think that's entirely true.......
but it isn't too far off.

Either way, if this was a 2nd round pick, I don't think this board is going crazy.

LOL! I was being a bit sarcastic, all opponents say JGs scheme is so simple , thats what i was referring to.

conner01

Reaction score
If anything this should take the extra player out of the box and free up more running room for Zeke. Thinking positive...
It very well may help Zeke
It does improve the talent at WR
It won’t matter if we can’t get the ball to them
No reason to double the best WR if there is no one to get the ball to him

Soonerman1

Reaction score
  • Cooper
  • Gallup
  • Beezy in the slot
  • Hurns & Austin as decent depth
No more excuses for a weak passing game. I think we paid too much for this trade, but Cooper turns this WR group from weak to quite strong.

I agree with the price being to high but with Cooper being so young and there are no WR in this draft even close to him In skills, I’m not mad at the move, besides besides WR what else would we take in the first round, only other position I see a need for a 1st is DT and it’s been proven over the past 10 years we won’t take a DT in the first and Ed Oliver will be way out of reach for us

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Cooper is way better then what we had, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. This group is still in the bottom half of the league.

I don’t think so. Amari stands a good chance of being a true #1 with Dak. He wins his routes early and gets the early separation Dak needs.

That just lets everyone else slot more comfortably into a role better suited for them. Gallup is the same kind of receiver, has been showing signs of coming on and will benefit from coverage being rolled in Coop’s direction. He makes a really nice #2. You’re going to have trouble bracketing Beasley now because they’ll line Coop up on his side so you’ll be leaving the CB with no safety help over the top if you commit him to bracketing Beasley. As Romo notes (and as we saw in the Jax game) Beasley always beats single coverage making him a very nice #3 option. Austin (when he gets back) can be a very dangerous and useful #4.

I think you underestimate the difference a true #1, if he is one (and again he has a good chance to be), can make to the whole WR corps.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
  • Cooper
  • Gallup
  • Beezy in the slot
No more excuses for a weak passing game. I think we paid too much for this trade, but Cooper turns this WR group from weak to quite strong.
I hope so too!
Hopefully they will be used correctly.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
If anything this should take the extra player out of the box and free up more running room for Zeke. Thinking positive...
Exactly...even with Cooper and Dak not having any chemistry with each other to start with, defenses will have to respect the fact that Cooper can blow by them. Just having Cooper on the field takes a man out of the box.
By the way, Cooper leads all WR this year in separation at 3.4 yards. And since the last 3 years he is 16th out of all WR with at least 200 targets...he is in company with Devante Adams, Theilen, Antonio Brown, Diggs and Beckham.
This year as a team Dallas WR's are only generating only 2.9 yards of separation...and that's with Beasly.
Cooper can beat man to man and teams know that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly...even with Cooper and Dak not having any chemistry with each other to start with, defenses will have to respect the fact that Cooper can blow by them. Just having Cooper on the field takes a man out of the box.
By the way, Cooper leads all WR this year in separation at 3.4 yards. And since the last 3 years he is 16th out of all WR with at least 200 targets...he is in company with Devante Adams, Theilen, Antonio Brown, Diggs and Beckham.
This year as a team Dallas WR's are only generating only 2.9 yards of separation...and that's with Beasly.
Cooper can beat man to man and teams know that.

Good stats. I just don't think Dak can hit him with the ball. Guess we'll see.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
  • Cooper
  • Gallup
  • Beezy in the slot
oh, no there will be excuses....like cooper joined mid year, Dak needs at least 3 to 4 years to get used to him, Cooper drops too may balls, he is trash....gallup is a rookie and he is not ready and Dak needs 2 or 3 years with him, we don't have a TE, every good team has a good TE....joe looney sucks.....the excuses for Dak won't stop

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • Cooper
  • Gallup
  • Beezy in the slot
Won't matter. Milquetoast HC and OC and Happy Feet Dak make anyone look bad.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Not strong by any means, but adequate. Gallups development this offseason is the key.

Proof

Reaction score
If nothing else Amari has to be accounted for. Whether dak can utilize him is tbd. They paid for a pedigreed threat that defenses have to consider to buy breathing room for Zeke and Beasley.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
My concern is not Cooper...it's Linehan. More so than Garrett. Don't get me wrong, they both need to go...but maybe if we were able to score just one TD more a game Garrett wouldn't have had to make a "tough decision."
A lot of you want to blame DAK, and respectfully so, but Linehan hasn't done him any favors (every other week). Linehan fails miserably to utilize Dak to his strengths. It's so mind blowing I can't really comprehend it.
Dak to me is the same type of QB Kaepperick was...read option. He's best used by deception...Jim Harbaugh knew that.
Maybe the best thing for Dak is to go find a college coach to be a OC.
Titans are making the same mistake with Mariota.