Studs and Duds

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They can when at least two of them were only made possible because the QB escaped pressure and had to stand in and take a huge hit on the throw to Cooks.
That’s the NFL. You have to create time. Finally someone to catch the ball over the middle . Prescott has been throwing dimes.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Those TD passes were 100% on Daks ability to scramble and deliver dimes when he should have been sacked 11 times……I’m getting so sick of our fans taking our Qb for granted.
He showed his ability to throw on the run and scramble with the ball, but the O-line cleaned it up well after the first few snaps. Every quarterback has to climb the pocket or get out of the pocket at times.

gimmesix

Reaction score
They can when at least two of them were only made possible because the QB escaped pressure and had to stand in and take a huge hit on the throw to Cooks.
The huge hit came on a blitz, I believe, where it is the QB's job to beat that pressure and make the throw. Not everyone is going to be blocked on blitzes where they bring more pressure than there are blockers.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The run game was better in the 2nd half. Even when the Rams knew we would run the ball more with a lead.
Still not happy with how much we're running Pollard up the middle. I know we have to do it some, but I think the number is disproportionate to his strength as a back. Get him on the edges as much as possible.

shabazz

Reaction score
He showed his ability to throw on the run and scramble with the ball, but the O-line cleaned it up well after the first few snaps. Every quarterback has to climb the pocket or get out of the pocket at times.
And he’s one of the best at doing it. His pocket presence is almost uncanny.

He senses the pocket collapsing and his ultra athletic reflexes allow him to avoid almost certain sacs.

conner01

Reaction score
Still not happy with how much we're running Pollard up the middle. I know we have to do it some, but I think the number is disproportionate to his strength as a back. Get him on the edges as much as possible.
I agree. You have to some but his strength is on the edge

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I agree. I bet all 7 of them will return if we lose to the Beagles
At least they have the decency to give everyone else a break. The homers like that clown @Ranching pour their nonstop Dak love on top of us even when he moved around vs a Niners defence like a 90 year old Granny on a four lane street trying to find the other side.

These days he doesn't seem to be much of a Cowboys Fan anyway but finds the sense in his life more through the harassment of people with different opinions on these boards.

As long as the Cowboys haven't shut up all the negative nancies by taking #6 home all the negative nancies have the absolute right to be critical after 27 years of mediocrity. The Rams win was super nice and Dak did a great job. But unless they / he can repeat that in January it was just another hole in the clouds with a little. bit of sunshine.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oline did ok after their initial series screw up. Still not good enough. Need to get better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At least they have the decency to give everyone else a break. The homers like that clown @Ranching pour their nonstop Dak love on top of us even when he moved around vs a Niners defence like a 90 year old Granny on a four lane street trying to find the other side.

These days he doesn't seem to be much of a Cowboys Fan anyway but finds the sense in his life more through the harassment of people with different opinions on these boards.

As long as the Cowboys haven't shut up all the negative nancies by taking #6 home all the negative nancies have the absolute right to be critical after 27 years of mediocrity. The Rams win was super nice and Dak did a great job. But unless they / he can repeat that in January it was just another hole in the clouds with a little. bit of sunshine.
Just stop watching until the playoffs if the regular season games don't mean much to you. Why watch right now with this bad attitude? Seriously?

:facepalm:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. No QB gets to stand like a statue on every play.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm not going to list a player as a dud if he becomes injured or if he is a backup forced to play due to injury.

Yes, if you are an NFL backup then you should have the ability to perform at a reasonable level commensurate with your experience and talent level. Tyron Smith and Edoga are not duds. However, the coach that decided Tyron Smith can be trusted to start consistently at LT and then backed him up with Edoga? Keeping Tyler Smith at G while stunting any possible development as a future LT? That coach is a little bit of a dud.

I'm also going to assign the "dud" label to Nashton Wright. The Cowboys were lucky they didn't need that TD. However, that's a rare situation. In any other game that could have had tragic consequences.

Pollard isn't a dud, he is just being misused and, again, that is on the coaches. Or is it? I truly hope that some day, a player or coach will come forward with the truth of just how involved Jerry Jones was in football decisions other than personnel. If he directed any gameplan decisions then he is this team's historic dud.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Back in the day, this offensive line coach was good. His blocking scheme was effective. But in today's NFL, you face too many formations and packages to be effective, especially run blocking.

The eagles will do what every good defense does against us. Take away the run game, take away passes under 15 yards, and leave the deep middle wide open and challenge us. We either step up or get beat.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At least I'm not up at 2am posting....get a life! Lol