Studs and Duds

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The huge hit came on a blitz, I believe, where it is the QB's job to beat that pressure and make the throw. Not everyone is going to be blocked on blitzes where they bring more pressure than there are blockers.
It may have been a blitz but I'm pretty sure the player who hit Dak was #97 the DE. He worked around the horn and the tackle continued to give ground and eventually lost the guy completely so he nailed Dak. .25 seconds later that thing might have turned into a strip sack. Watching the play again I now see that they only brought one extra man on the pass rush. So that's 5 on 5 with the RB free to pick up leakage. Pollard mis-read it though and ended up stepping to the middle and blocking nobody. Had he slid out to chip to help the ROOKIE LT Dak would have had another second and a half.

kskboys

Reaction score
It may have been a blitz but I'm pretty sure the player who hit Dak was #97 the DE. He worked around the horn and the tackle continued to give ground and eventually lost the guy completely so he nailed Dak. .25 seconds later that thing might have turned into a strip sack. Watching the play again I now see that they only brought one extra man on the pass rush. So that's 5 on 5 with the RB free to pick up leakage. Pollard mis-read it though and ended up stepping to the middle and blocking nobody. Had he slid out to chip to help the ROOKIE LT Dak would have had another second and a half.
Yup. Part of being a good blocking RB is knowing where to go/who to block.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
And he’s one of the best at doing it. His pocket presence is almost uncanny.

He senses the pocket collapsing and his ultra athletic reflexes allow him to avoid almost certain sacs.
giphy.gif