Stupid Draft Analysis Talk

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Cowboys fan saying how draft prospect reminds them of former cowboys player.

Ex. LVE and Bobby Carpenter

How shallow can you get??

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowboys fan saying how draft prospect reminds them of former cowboys player.

Ex. LVE and Bobby Carpenter

I remember plenty of that last year but I'm not expecting any of the "Van Der Carpenter" boys to own it now. :muttley:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
"Can't miss" prospect

This one kills me every time I hear it.
So true. When I talk to youth groups, I keep telling them you have a greater chance to become a doctor (16% applicants that applied to Med School). Than a Pro Football player (.09% played high school football). Of that .09% the average career is 3.3 years. So can't miss is a lightning strike or a lottery ticket win.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I just posted another stupid draft analysis talk...Solomon Thomas is a "Tweener". Which means, the player can not play either position he is projected to play in the NFL. I have never seen a player play 2 positions at the same time.

You can get with this or that:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
and most every first round pick is a cornerstone player or is going to put that team over the top

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I just posted another stupid draft analysis talk...Solomon Thomas is a "Tweener". Which means, the player can not play either position he is projected to play in the NFL. I have never seen a player play 2 positions at the same time.

You can get with this or that:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As we watch the 2019 Draft, lets consider the stupid draft analysis talk we will hear over the next 3 days. Hear is mine:

1. "Sometimes he disappears on tape" - Does that mean the player is a magician. It is usually given to describe defensive players not making plays consistently. What makes it so stupid is that a great player making great plays on defense is not going to keep doing it all game. The opposing coach will either stop running to that player's side of the field, triple team that player like Clemson did to Williams, or stop throwing to that player's side of the field (if DB). So it is a stupid analysis. Plus the football field measures 100 yards, and 53 1⁄3 yards wide. In addition, there are end zones extending another 10 yards past the goal lines to the "end lines", for a total length of 120 yards. Only 22 players are on the field at one time. So it is easy to so call "disappear" on about an acre of land. This is stupid draft analysis talk.
2. "QB can't see over the line" - This is stupid because OL are judge how well they bend their knees to get leverage on run plays and and get in position on pass protection. So a 6-5 OL suddenly becomes a 6-0 OL or less when he bends his knees to block. Also the QB then drops back 3-8 steps from the line or is in shotgun with a clear view of the line of scrimmage. It is a stupid analysis. Why do +6-5 QBs have a hard time making it in the NFL? This is stupid draft analysis talk.
3. "plant and explode" - This is stupid because E = mc2. You can't plant and explode. You will do one or the other. If you plant you are standing still to have no motion or not to be moved. When have you seen a tree or flower you planted explode? What happens before a football play is all the players SET then explode. Set means to place yourself in position to explode. That's why you hear before any foot race....Ready.....SET....Go. This is stupid draft analysis talk.

What other stupid draft analysis talk you think we will hear this weekend?
Yeah well you’re right about the stupid draft talk. Worth a like.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Dallas selects player X...Jerry sucks, this team is stupid, however,
Team X picks that player X...wow, what a great pick, why didn't Jerry take him.

Sure sounds like your describing most that post on this site.:rolleyes:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As we watch the 2019 Draft, lets consider the stupid draft analysis talk we will hear over the next 3 days. Hear is mine:

1. "Sometimes he disappears on tape" - Does that mean the player is a magician. It is usually given to describe defensive players not making plays consistently. What makes it so stupid is that a great player making great plays on defense is not going to keep doing it all game. The opposing coach will either stop running to that player's side of the field, triple team that player like Clemson did to Williams, or stop throwing to that player's side of the field (if DB). So it is a stupid analysis. Plus the football field measures 100 yards, and 53 1⁄3 yards wide. In addition, there are end zones extending another 10 yards past the goal lines to the "end lines", for a total length of 120 yards. Only 22 players are on the field at one time. So it is easy to so call "disappear" on about an acre of land. This is stupid draft analysis talk.
2. "QB can't see over the line" - This is stupid because OL are judge how well they bend their knees to get leverage on run plays and and get in position on pass protection. So a 6-5 OL suddenly becomes a 6-0 OL or less when he bends his knees to block. Also the QB then drops back 3-8 steps from the line or is in shotgun with a clear view of the line of scrimmage. It is a stupid analysis. Why do +6-5 QBs have a hard time making it in the NFL? This is stupid draft analysis talk.
3. "plant and explode" - This is stupid because E = mc2. You can't plant and explode. You will do one or the other. If you plant you are standing still to have no motion or not to be moved. When have you seen a tree or flower you planted explode? What happens before a football play is all the players SET then explode. Set means to place yourself in position to explode. That's why you hear before any foot race....Ready.....SET....Go. This is stupid draft analysis talk.

What other stupid draft analysis talk you think we will hear this weekend?

This post is worse than the issues described in it.

When reviewing game footage it's difficult to put player actions into words. It's more difficult if done on TV/radio where only a few words can be used.

The issue with slang terminology is that it should be defined somewhere. The simple concept of "bend" is mis-used by most media/fans.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This post is worse than the issues described in it.

When reviewing game footage it's difficult to put player actions into words. It's more difficult if done on TV/radio where only a few words can be used.

The issue with slang terminology is that it should be defined somewhere. The simple concept of "bend" is mis-used by most media/fans.
This is the worst reply. BEND THE KNEE!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Not if he "puts his foot in the ground", as opposed to somewhere else apparently.

Exactly! And people had the audacity to mock poor Witten on MNF, he was just trying to interject some new jargon into the football lexicon and was crucified for it. :cool: