Stupid Reasons Cowboys Lost Threads

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did Tank play last night. I don't remember seeing him. The Witten fumble didn't help. Pretty cruddy to not allow a touchdown and still lose.
he did pressure a lot, got near the qb flushed pressure toward Quinn but that 15yarder on the weak call on BW was not good showing..

Carson

Reaction score
Stupid? Or same old Cowboy loss during the Garrett era

- Not prepared
- Out schemed
- Costly turnovers
- Offense becomes vanilla and predictable
- Think were better than we are
- Let the other team set the tempo

that sums up at 99.9% of all Garrett coached teams

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they did bend too much come on football,

TOP is important, those long drives, couldn't stop them on a lot of third downs created situation where the offense had less possessions.. fans dont get this but I for do.. yes the offense was worse but this was total team loss.. the defense has been soft all year, when they needed really big stops they arent getting them until 5-9 min drives happen..it shrinks the game..
Our offense had just as many opportunities as theirs did. It's up to them to sustain drives and score. Our defense can't help them there, other than to keep the score low enough for them to keep up, which the defense did.

I get the ToP concept, but it's just as much, if not more, the responsibility of the offense to win that battle.

GenoT

Reaction score
This is what fans do. Share what they hated about the game and exclaim it’s the reason we lost.
  • Dak wasn’t perfect in pass to Cobb and allowed himself to be sacked, like that was the difference
  • Zeke didn’t find a way to earn his money, like running for 35 yards on 18 carries was easier than running untouched through huge holes
  • Pollard? Maybe, but those 3 yard power runs were important in this type of game
  • OL being outplayed
  • Defense unable to win field position or give offense any short fields
  • Garrett changed everything after the 3-0 start....lol
  • Moore was outcoached....well, that was bound to happen at some point
There are no easy answers like this. It’s the NFL. We lost a game to another 3-1 team on the road in one of the toughest environments. Own it! Possessions and offensive plays were at a premium...maybe we should have given up the run sooner. 18 plays that basically gained nothing if you add the penalties was a waste, but had we lost anyway, fans would say we lost because we gave up on the run.

Did we have players who were perfect? No! But the only guys that were clearly outplayed by their counterparts were the OL. It happens. The season is now only 1 quarter done, and we are 3-1. We always emphasize the last game, but a season of this would make us 12-4.....unlikely, but a very good start. Unless and until we find ourselves at .500 or down in our divisional standings, I’m not dwelling on one loss. On to the next game. Players and coaches will learn from this one.
“Fan Splaining”...to other fans...
:facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Our offense had just as many opportunities as theirs did. It's up to them to sustain drives and score. Our defense can't help them there, other than to keep the score low enough for them to keep up, which the defense did.

I get the ToP concept, but it's just as much, if not more, the responsibility of the offense to win that battle.
look I agreed the offense was offensive, however the defense was not getting the saints off the field fast enough , they sustained long drives as they did all year so far and ive said to others, against good teams this will be an issue..

Carson

Reaction score
I missed that one somehow.

When was it? Wide open? Damn it. Glad I missed it. I was mad enough.

Dak rolled to his left, Cobb was dragging deep in the end zone.

Tough throw off balance and Saints players were a few yards away.

Not an impossible throw and catch, he’s done it before many times. But definitely not a gimme. One of the ones I’m sure he looks back and wants a redo

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I missed that one somehow.

When was it? Wide open? Damn it. Glad I missed it. I was mad enough.
He had an pretty easy TD, but threw it about a yard or 2 too far in front of him, going across to Dak's left.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Not an impossible throw and catch, he’s done it before many times. But definitely not a gimme
Oh yeah. Damn, that was kind of s tough throw, but clearly should’ve been made.

Damn. Damn damn...****

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He had an pretty easy TD, but threw it about a yard or 2 too far in front of him, going across to Dak's left.
Yeah. I remember now. Should’ve made that throw. Bad miss.

The point really is. We were in the game. We played bad and almost won. We still have plenty of reason to believe we can get where we want to go this season.

Moving on to Green Bay

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Not an impossible throw and catch, he’s done it before many times. But definitely not a gimme
It should've been there. I'm not gonna say Dak sucks because of it, but it was a missed opportunity.

Carson

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Damn, that was kind of s tough throw, but clearly should’ve been made.

Damn. Damn damn...****

That throw sums up Dak.

He shows the potential to be great at times. But in order to be elite and win Super Bowls, those are the clutch throws we need to have.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That throw sums up Dak.

He shows the potential to be great at times. But in order to be elite and win Super Bowls, those are the clutch throws we need to have.
Not sure you can say that sums him up. Maybe.

He has made a lot of tough throws and 4th quarter clutch plays.

But yeah, to be elite he has to complete passes like that nearly every time.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ummm. 1. DLaw is a part of the defense that had 5 sacks last night and held a team out of the end zone.
2. Lee (and the rest of the LBs) had a solid game last night. I saw Lee make one good tackle, and saw zero evidence of him doing nothing.
3. Again, 5 sacks last night and a lot of pressure. Not sure how much more you want? 7 sacks? 10 sacks?
4. Possibly, but again, our defense played their absolute best game last night (so far in a young season)
5. Again, no TDs allowed. Holding a home team to 12 points in most worlds would be considered a great performance. If you were to have told me the Saints only score 12 points before the game, I would have definitely thought we would win.

You are deflecting. The $100m man isn’t playing like a $100m man and it’s a quarter of the way through the season. Keep making excuses for him in the same way some made excuses for Dez. Just wait until he “gets going”. LOL.

To be real, all athletes want to get paid and I don’t blame them. I assure you Dak and Amari want to be paid just like Tank and Zeke, but there is a huge difference in the situations. Tank and Zeke are ALL ABOUT THE MONEY just like DEZ was. Once they get paid, they tend to start turning up on milk cartons.

Guys like Dak and Cooper go about their business of playing football and let their agents worry about the money. Have you even once seen Dak or Cooper bring up getting paid?

Now think back on Dez, Tank, etc. That’s ALL they talked about. See any correlation?

Lee is a progress stopper as is Witten. Neither of them is playing based on merit at this point, which is pathetic.

JayFord

Reaction score
The cowboys lost because the saints were the better team tonight plain and simple

they were more physical and tougher in the trenches

regroup and come out swinging next week

Kaiser

Reaction score
that sums up at 99.9% of all Garrett coached teams

By an amazing coincidence, that sums up 99.9% of the NFL teams playing against Sean Payton since the Saints became one of the best teams in football.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1. Our $100M man is getting pretty much outplayed by both Quinn, Armstrong and maybe even Hyder. He should be on a milk carton.
2. Lee is doing nothing on defense.
3. We are not getting near enough pressure on opposing QBs.
4. We need a legit 1Tech if we want to win a SB.
5. The coaching on defense is suspect at best.

You watched that game and came away with 5 problems, all on defense.

Yeah, those 266 yards, a pick, 12 points and 5 sacks really did us in last night. :muttley:

Kaiser

Reaction score
The cowboys lost because the saints were the better team tonight plain and simple

Exactly, their DL played great and some of the things you don't see often like Witten fumbling went their way. If Garrett really was an idiot, we lose this game by 20 and not by 2.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is what fans do. Share what they hated about the game and exclaim it’s the reason we lost.
  • Dak wasn’t perfect in pass to Cobb and allowed himself to be sacked, like that was the difference
  • Zeke didn’t find a way to earn his money, like running for 35 yards on 18 carries was easier than running untouched through huge holes
  • Pollard? Maybe, but those 3 yard power runs were important in this type of game
  • OL being outplayed
  • Defense unable to win field position or give offense any short fields
  • Garrett changed everything after the 3-0 start....lol
  • Moore was outcoached....well, that was bound to happen at some point
There are no easy answers like this. It’s the NFL. We lost a game to another 3-1 team on the road in one of the toughest environments. Own it! Possessions and offensive plays were at a premium...maybe we should have given up the run sooner. 18 plays that basically gained nothing if you add the penalties was a waste, but had we lost anyway, fans would say we lost because we gave up on the run.

Did we have players who were perfect? No! But the only guys that were clearly outplayed by their counterparts were the OL. It happens. The season is now only 1 quarter done, and we are 3-1. We always emphasize the last game, but a season of this would make us 12-4.....unlikely, but a very good start. Unless and until we find ourselves at .500 or down in our divisional standings, I’m not dwelling on one loss. On to the next game. Players and coaches will learn from this one.

You forgot CONSPIRACY!