Stupid Sportscenter

bobtheflob

Reaction score
You would think that Reggie Bush was the story of the game. They haven't mentioned that he had 4 carries for 7 yards.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
You would think that Reggie Bush was the story of the game. They haven't mentioned that he had 4 carries for 7 yards.

How dare them not talk about Owens and the Cowboys some more!

Its almost like ESPN is an entertainment network trying to cater to its audience. For shame!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i was just thinking the same thing, instead of opening with how well the Cowboys played today they instead talk bout Reggie Bush's mediocre game and they act like he dominated

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:

LMAO!

tnbk

Reaction score
4 carries for seven yards and those clowns talked him up like nothing I have heard before. Do they not care about their credibility?

Reed

Reaction score
I cant handle sportscenter, it has become propoganda instead of objective reporting. Which by the way is the new form of media in america. I feel it is terrible for the people. It first started with cable news and has finally progessed over to espn. I can't even watch anymore, they just make up stories and use any small thing to make it big. Just like how New york times used false photos to portray more damage than there actually was in lebanon, same with reuters. It is sad; someone has to hold them accountable, and that someone is us becuase the government has no power over them, only the people. It has really pushed me to the limit to the point where I might start doing something about it. Report the facts and dont speculate just to get veiwership, and stop portraying peoples opinion as objective fact, report them as your anaylist opinion, it;s just not right nor proper.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
tnbk said:
4 carries for seven yards and those clowns talked him up like nothing I have heard before. Do they not care about their credibility?

Preseason football?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Reed said:
I cant handle sportscenter, it has become propoganda instead of objective reporting. Which by the way is the new form of media in america. I feel it is terrible for the people. It first started with cable news and has finally progessed over to espn. I can't even watch anymore, they just make up stories and use any small thing to make it big. Just like how New york times used false photos to portray more damage than there actually was in lebanon, same with reuters. It is sad; someone has to hold them accountable, and that someone is us becuase the government has no power over them, only the people. It has really pushed me to the limit to the point where I might start doing something about it, report the facts and dont speculate on to get veiwership, and stop portraying individual peoples opinion as objective fact.

Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

Reed

Reaction score
Vintage said:
Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

Correct me if im wrong but they used to report more objectively and by the facts. You can not deny they have become more like mtv ever since the year 2000. If it is just entertaintment like you say then it should just be considered like a tabloid and not seriously at all. The only problem is people look to this station for sports news and what they end up getting is biased false information fed right to them. There has to be a point where you say enough is enough and I know I am not alone in my feelings here.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Reed said:
Correct me if im wrong but they used to report more objectively and by the facts. You can not deny they have become more like mtv ever since the year 2000. If it is just entertaintment like you say then it should just be considered like a tabloid and not seriously at all. The only problem is people look to this station for sports news and what they end up getting is biased false information fed right to them. There has to be a point where you say enough is enough and I know I am not alone in my feelings here.

Entertainment is they key word.

They, like every station, compete for market share. Hearing about TO, Reggie Bush, etc.... that gives them market share.

Its not surprising. Its business. Cater to your largest potential audience.

Turn your TV off then. For every fan like you that gets tired of it, they get 3-4 new ones clamoring to hear the latest TO soap opera, see Reggie highlights, etc.

You act surprised.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Vintage said:

They, like every station, compete for market share. Hearing about TO, Reggie Bush, etc.... that gives them market share.

Turn your TV off then. For every fan like you that gets tired of it, they get 3-4 new ones clamoring to hear the latest TO soap opera, see Reggie highlights, etc.

You act surprised.

:hammer:

If TO had played tonight, that would have been the story... It was before the game. I'm sure the Saints fans (all 3 of them) were saying "We wanna hear about somebody other than TO."

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Vintage said:

You act surprised.
I don't care how you whitewash it for ESPN it was very poor journalism. They DO represent themselves as journalist not entertainers. They should therefore act like journalist and present the actual pertinent facts of the stories. At the very least they should point out the very substandard performance turned in by the player whose butt they have their lips so firmly planted on. Perhaps even try to give the impression that they are being objective.

ddh33

Reaction score
ESPN lost all credibility years ago. When it became more about catch phrases than the game, I got sick of it. Now, I hear more about "boo-yah" than the game. We hear more about TO - even when none of it is applicable to the game - than the guys playing. We hear about Reggie Bush and his game than other things.

Whatever happened to letting the stories work themselves out? I hate the agendas and pushing some topics while ignoring others!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
1.8 YPC is entertaining?

So because you didn't find it entertaining, the rest of the country doesn't either.

I am willing to guess more people wanted to see Reggie play than didn't.

They know where their audience is. They cater to it. I see no problem.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Vintage said:
So because you didn't find it entertaining, the rest of the country doesn't either.

I am willing to guess more people wanted to see Reggie play than didn't.

They know where their audience is. They cater to it. I see no problem.
Nothing wrong with hyping him before the game.

But when the game is played and he does nothing, don't highlight two plays to make it look like he was dominant.

The guy had 21 yards. Twenty-one.

ddh33

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I don't blame them for talking about Reggie Bush or TO. Those are huge names, and they are newsworthy. Showing the way that Reggie Bush cuts is impressive. It shows why he could very well end up as a great player, but the agenda and pretending like he was dominant tonight is over the top. Interjecting TO into every aspect of tonight's game was tiresome as well.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
ddh33 said:
For what it's worth, I don't blame them for talking about Reggie Bush or TO. Those are huge names, and they are newsworthy. Showing the way that Reggie Bush cuts is impressive. It shows why he could very well end up as a great player, but the agenda and pretending like he was dominant tonight is over the top. Interjecting TO into every aspect of tonight's game was tiresome as well.
They overdid it with Both Owens and Bush both during the game and after. I turned it off and switched over to watch Babe on channel 11. He was professional and objective as always and made many more valid points about both teams than ESPN did. Even though his show was very much home town Cowboys based he gave appropriate credit to the Saints for the few things they did right and pointed out some of the things that the Cowboys need to improve on. That is the kind of objectivity that ESPN needs to show...especially since they are a national (and therefore supposed to be neutral) program.