Twitter: Sturm's perfect summation

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dez is a petulant baby. He relied entirely on physical superiority to succeed. Those gifts are fading. For a 3 year stretch he was worth the aggravation. For the last 3 years he was not worth it. We will be a better team without him.

He is always crying for respect but he has no idea what that word even means. He does not even respect himself let alone others. He thinks that being respected means being treated like a spoiled brat.

You wanted respect and all he got was walking papers. How you like them apples.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score

That's Jerry's creation. His refusal to stay out of the locker room repeatedly creates these issues for coaches.

It's why Jimmy left a year or two too soon.

Jimmy left because Jerry fired him. Jimmy has always stated that he wanted to stay at least one more year to see if he could three-peat.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dez needs to look inwards. It is OK to reflect on how others are to blame but it is even more important to reflect on the part that you played in it as that is the only part in which you have any true measure of control. Someone who is comfortable with themselves would never act the way he does. As previously stated he is a child lashing out at what is a perfectly reasonable this for a football organization to have done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez needs to look inwards. It is OK to reflect on how others are to blame but it is even more important to reflect on the part that you played in it as that is the only part in which you have any true measure of control. Someone who is comfortable with themselves would never act the way he does. As previously stated he is a child lashing out at what is a perfectly reasonable this for a football organization to have done.

He admitted he needed to work on some things.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Didn’t get a chance.
Really? Other players are working like cray already... what made him special to wait until he feels like it?
Weren't Dak and the other receivers already working out? Didn't we see Switzer with his own "Guru"?
Whatever happened to no time like the present? What about the past few years?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Really? Other players are working like cray already... what made him special to wait until he feels like it?
Weren't Dak and the other receivers already working out? Didn't we see Switzer with his own "Guru"?
Whatever happened to no time like the present? What about the past few years?

Dez’s work ethic was never really a question until recently. Just a recent narrative that I don’t buy because it’s probably BS.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If Dez was a model team player, this would be straightforward. Unfortunately, he doesn't have those cards to play. So, all we are really left with is another poorly handled situation that smells to high heaven because as others have said there is blame to go around.

Corso

Reaction score
Dez’s work ethic was never really a question until recently. Just a recent narrative that I don’t buy because it’s probably BS.
You didn't answer me with that. Not at all. Why wasn't he out there, trying to improve his game? Especially after acknowledging there were things to improve upon?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I was talking more about his exit interview. It did not seem to me like he took any responsibility.
Why would he? He's Dez freaking Bryant. The greatest player to ever play the game. We should be honored to witness his every communication be it verbal, written prose on Twitter, or behind the quiet comfort of his wittle binky.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He's the one who hired an alleged route guru (who turned out to really just be a text buddy).
So any hint of "recent narrative" came from your boy Binkz.
:popcorn:

rynochop

Reaction score
I think Dez got paid and took the foot off the gas, having a great qb throwing to him didn't hurt. Tony made some average WRs pretty wealthy. Not that Dez was average.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You didn't answer me with that. Not at all. Why wasn't he out there, trying to improve his game? Especially after acknowledging there were things to improve upon?

He was going to and he has in the past.

Romo made it very clear he and Dez did a ton of extra work.

Dez never had work ethic issues. They had to beg him to tone it down so he didn’t drain himself at times.

Dez said his entire life was training, football, and sleep.

visionary

Reaction score
What Dez said is probably true - the captains on the team didn’t like him or his antics. If he performed on the field, no one would have cared.

Crazy how Dez blames them for their disloyalty without trying to understand why they had a problem with him.

Exactly

"Loyalty " should be to the team and not to individual players

Corso

Reaction score
He was going to and he has in the past.

Romo made it very clear he and Dez did a ton of extra work.

Dez never had work ethic issues. They had to beg him to tone it down so he didn’t drain himself at times.

Dez said his entire life was training, football, and sleep.
Honestly, he was working on the wrong stuff and he had a new QB. You'd think he'd be working on what makes a successful QB/WR combo, like... working out with the guy during the offseason.
Like he did with Romo. And nobody has begged Dez to tone down anything other than his mouth the last few years.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
This was a point I was going to make earlier but decided I didn’t want to deal with the normal backlash for it. He’s right, though.

And Jerry’s open door policy for his handpicked favorites is one of the most damaging things he does to this team and to his coaches. It’s idiotic. Darren Woodson brought this up as a big issue in Dallas years ago, and he’s right. There’s a reason for a chain of command in the first place.
looks like maybe Stephen has some brass to him maybe things will change with him taking more control if he does I like it maybe he will hold everyone accountable if he does I like that I don't think he will put up with excuses and players goofing of this will at least put some fear into the players that hey if they cut dez if I don't preform I am next