Such a great idea, put Chiefs vs. Dolphins on Peacock

joseephuss

Reaction score
Why do people who subscribe to Peacock not watch football? Seems like a strange comparison. One can both enjoy watching football and enjoy watching stuff on Peacock.

Streaming is a part of life. Testing out a streaming platform for a playoff game seems like a step into what is coming. It will give the NFL an idea of how close they are to this becoming the norm.

Peacock will gain a bunch of Swiftie fans suddenly.

The NFL seems to know something about it's viewship.

https://fortune.com/2024/01/10/nfl-ratings-tv-second-highest-ever-football/

The NFL is eating TV as its ratings soar 7% to the second-highest ever, averaging 17.9 million homes​

Jayinem

Reaction score
Why do people who subscribe to Peacock not watch football? Seems like a strange comparison. One can both enjoy watching football and enjoy watching stuff on Peacock.

Streaming is a part of life. Testing out a streaming platform for a playoff game seems like a step into what is coming. It will give the NFL an idea of how close they are to this becoming the norm.

Peacock will gain a bunch of Swiftie fans suddenly.

The NFL seems to know something about it's viewship.

https://fortune.com/2024/01/10/nfl-ratings-tv-second-highest-ever-football/

The NFL is eating TV as its ratings soar 7% to the second-highest ever, averaging 17.9 million homes​

I was being sarcastic about Peacock subscribers not watching football, I have no idea what they watch. But you sort of proved my point. TV is soaring, why force people to subscribe to a streaming service that many have no interest in to watch a playoff game of all games? It's a slam dunk for NBC they'll get more subscribers, but it's a big L for the NFL and their fans.

Think of how many people all across the country go to bars to watch these football games especially playoffs. Many of these bars are not going to have a subscription to Peacock and that setup. It's just a slap in the face to the fans.

It's like trying to force the modern way on people and I'm sure others are like me that are not interested.

Down the road they'll put the Super Bowl behind some lame subscription.

Last edited:

Shunpike

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic about Peacock subscribers not watching football, I have no idea what they watch. But you sort of proved my point. TV is soaring, why force people to subscribe to a streaming service that many have no interest in to watch a playoff game of all games? It's a slam dunk for NBC they'll get more subscribers, but it's a big L for the NFL and their fans.

Think of how many people all across the country go to bars to watch these football games especially playoffs. Many of these bars are not going to have a subscription to Peacock and that setup. It's just a slap in the face to the fans.
As a Peacock subscriber I agree with your assessment. Thursday night games are regular season games and other than betting people and fans of those particular teams, much of the football fans don't care about the game. But playoffs should not be behind a paywall. What is next, Superbowl as Pay Per View? What is the end?

When it comes to Peacock. I subscribed for 2 things 2 years ago. Premier League Soccer and movies. Peacock shows some movies shortly after they are shown at Movie Theaters.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Yes, it's an awful decision by the NFL. I'm not subscribing to Peacock just to see one game- so sadly I'll miss it. There should at least be a pay-per-view option, just like one can pay to watch a movie on Vudu or Prime.

I just read it will be minus 5 at kickoff, so the stadium may not be full either!

Jayinem

Reaction score
Yes, it's an awful decision by the NFL. I'm not subscribing to Peacock just to see one game- so sadly I'll miss it. There should at least be a pay-per-view option, just like one can pay to watch a movie on Vudu or Prime.

I just read it will be minus 5 at kickoff, so the stadium may not be full either!
Yeah I was curious to see if Mahomes or Tua are going to be able to throw the ball at all, and if the score will be more than 3-0. But I guess I'll miss it although I could probably find an illegal stream if I really wanted to.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yeah I was curious to see if Mahomes or Tua are going to be able to throw the ball at all, and if the score will be more than 3-0. But I guess I'll miss it although I could probably find an illegal stream if I really wanted to.
DVR it on the NFLN tonight and watch it tomorrow since there's only one game tomorrow.

1942willys

Reaction score
As a Peacock subscriber I agree with your assessment. Thursday night games are regular season games and other than betting people and fans of those particular teams, much of the football fans don't care about the game. But playoffs should not be behind a paywall. What is next, Superbowl as Pay Per View? What is the end?

When it comes to Peacock. I subscribed for 2 things 2 years ago. Premier League Soccer and movies. Peacock shows some movies shortly after they are shown at Movie Theaters.
superbowl as pay per view is coming. bet on it

Mannix

Reaction score
I am curious if the NFL Network will be allowed to show any cut-ins/footage/highlights during the game as they usually do....anyone know??????

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you dont have Peacock you arent a fan of The Office

If you are not a fan of The Office, I dont care what you think

Reactions: G2

joseephuss

Reaction score
All these same arguments were made when they moved MNF to ESPN.

"Nobody was going to pay for ESPN just to watch one game a week."
"MNF needs to remain an over the air broadcast game."
"The NFL doesn't know what they are doing."
"They only care about money."

The NFL is trying to stay on the forefront of what is happening with entertainment. Everything will eventually be streaming only. This is just a test run for now, but it will be happening in the near future where a majority of games will be available via streaming only.

Mannix

Reaction score
My Samsung hi def isn't a smart TV...don't you need that to stream? I really think there will always be a market for cable, as long as their old people....streaming is very confusing and sounds like a major hassle from what I read on here.

Mannix

Reaction score
BLANK YOU NFL.....30 minute NBC pre-game where as no game will be shown on that channel....just an infomercial for subscribing to another medium right up until kickoff....won't even say the streamers name....what a middle finger to loyal watchers....and to think that the owners ALSO gave the fans the middle finger by extending The Goons contract....blank him and all his crooked henchmen as well. Oh well....Caitlin Clark on FOX right now....hitting 4 pointers from the logo.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
BLANK YOU NFL.....30 minute NBC pre-game where as no game will be shown on that channel....just an infomercial for subscribing to another medium right up until kickoff....won't even say the streamers name....what a middle finger to loyal watchers....and to think that the owners ALSO gave the fans the middle finger by extending The Goons contract....blank him and all his crooked henchmen as well.
IMG-0442.gif