Such a great idea, put Chiefs vs. Dolphins on Peacock

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sorry, but you are in the minority if you don't feel the least bit put off by the situation.
It’s change. I don’t fret about something I have no control over. I’ll pay the $5.99 and then cancel. Adapt and overcome Instead of becoming bitter.

Flamma

Reaction score
My Samsung hi def isn't a smart TV...don't you need that to stream? I really think there will always be a market for cable, as long as their old people....streaming is very confusing and sounds like a major hassle from what I read on here.
I'm pretty sure you do need a smart TV. That's how I watch Thursday night football. But I don't have Amazon Prime for football.

Flamma

Reaction score
As a Peacock subscriber I agree with your assessment. Thursday night games are regular season games and other than betting people and fans of those particular teams, much of the football fans don't care about the game. But playoffs should not be behind a paywall. What is next, Superbowl as Pay Per View? What is the end?

When it comes to Peacock. I subscribed for 2 things 2 years ago. Premier League Soccer and movies. Peacock shows some movies shortly after they are shown at Movie Theaters.
I think that happens within a decade.

vlad

Reaction score
It’s business strategy to bolster digital and they have to start somewhere. The dinner dipping of subscriber plus as certainly is annoying
My Samsung hi def isn't a smart TV...don't you need that to stream? I really think there will always be a market for cable, as long as their old people....streaming is very confusing and sounds like a major hassle from what I read on here.
i assume it’s a fairly old tv then?

But you can just buy any number of streaming devices, some very cheap, ir even just ask friends they probably have old ones laying around.

Streaming couldn’t be simpler, don’t let folks intimidate you on it. Note I’m not talking about cost or anything, just using them.

Stuff like Apple TV (the physical box) on the high end, but you can get something like a Roku stick for like $20 on the low end, and they have tiers of models that are more powerful/offer more features. There are other brands too and now all new TVs come with this stuff built in. My brother bought my folks a 65 inch 4k TCL tv with Roku built in for $200 on sale, it looks incredible.

Also within these they have many free channels, like my old man watches westerns, old movies, car shows, etc.

Once you get used to them, it’s second nature.

Hope that helps, I’d definitely ask around chances are ppl have old devices they’ll just give you. Id recommend Roku, i think you’ll find with its remote easier to use than the others.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The games been playing on NFLN all morning. Don't know why anyone would pay extra to watch this if their team wasn't playing.

Flamma

Reaction score
You know what the NFL can do to make more money? Have a mute option for the color commentator and play by play guy. I'd pay for that. I don't need to hear a word out of their mouths. Just give me every other game sound except for them.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If this is the future of the NFL I am done as a fan. Everyone knows this is being driven by a desire for revenue, but when is the money going to be enough? The NFL is already obscenely wealthy without forcing games onto streaming, so the only reason has to be greed.