Suddenly, the conference race tightens

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Those ridiculous Skins. The Giants winning one.

Now Philly is coming, roaring with swagger and workmanship way in pounding the ball.

Can the 'Boys hang on to win?

Yes, because Jason Garrett is gonna take out Philly's three sterling QBs.
Though the double-teamed T.O. won't like it, the passes will rain on Witten, Barber, Crayton. And Barber will be featured all night long.

That will tire out the Eagles D and keep our D fresh.

Yeah, you are da man, Jason.
Marginalize them three corners and make the Eagles hold the defensive line.
They can't do it!

:)

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I don't think it tightened up. The skins won today. Big deal. They beat a team who was absolutely horrible on defense last year and had 3-4 starters out on defense for this game?

Ryan Leaf could have lit them up for 300 yards. The Saints are FOUL.

Same old skins, don't worry.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Division looks tough as heck!

Giants Sb Champs
Eagles and a healthy mcchunk and Westy + new swagger
Commanders always getting lucky and last second catches by Moss:(

Looks mighty interesting:cool:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Not surprised by the Giants. As someone posted a few weeks ago, their early-season schedule is very favorable. They might be undefeated heading into their matchup with us.

Philly is Philly. Always tough, and won't give up until the very end (literally -- they're certain to choke away their last game, whenever that is).

And Washington is Washington. A bottom feeder at this time, but possibly the best worst-team-in-a-division team in the entire league. This was a playoff team last year, remember, and they should only get better as they learn Zorn's style. I do think they're behind the rest in the division, but even with saying that, they'll be in the playoff hunt. Bet on that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;2257766 said:
its been 2 weeks.

were you expecting major separation?

LOL

You count good. Yes, two weeks. I see the philly school system is not as bad as we thought.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2257755 said:
I don't think it tightened up. The skins won today. Big deal. They beat a team who was absolutely horrible on defense last year and had 3-4 starters out on defense for this game?

Ryan Leaf could have lit them up for 300 yards. The Saints are FOUL.

Same old skins, don't worry.

Dont forget Colston was out.

gambit187

Reaction score
ajk23az;2257838 said:
Dont forget Colston was out.

Not only was Colston out,but so was half their secondary. In the second half Aaron Glenn and another CB that was filling in for someone to beging with went out.

So basically the Saints went into the game with their second string DB, and finished with their 3rd string DB's

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;2257746 said:
Though the double-teamed T.O. won't like it, the passes will rain on Witten, Barber, Crayton. And Barber will be featured all night long.
I'll bet that is pretty close to the truth.

Don't forget we will use Felix also.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I just want us to win tonight. I'm not concerned with what the Skins or Giants are doing right now. I'm only concerned with Philly.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;2257766 said:
its been 2 weeks.

were you expecting major separation?

LOL

Yeah, we're not the Broncos! After two games, they already have what essentially amounts to a two-and-a-half game lead over the Chargers. That isn't easy to do.

I live in Denver and I've been hoping and praying for a Cowboys-Broncos SB since moving here 12 years ago. This might be the year.

landryscorner

Reaction score
man I was thinking the same thing, the NFC right now looks as good as ever, and it looks like in December , Everyone will be in the thick of things, This is why we play the game, Go Cowboys!

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2257996 said:
If barber is 100% I doubt we see Felix.

You don't think we'll see Felix after his 7 yards per carry last week? :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2257993 said:
I'll bet that is pretty close to the truth.

Don't forget we will use Felix also.

I'm thinking they may not want him in the backfield if Philly is still biltzing a lot. But maybe he's better at blocking than I'm giving him credit for. I'm just assuming since he's a rookie. They could do some sprint outs....quick ones and split him wide and hit him quickly. We may also block them even if they bring the house. I'm thinking they will send some max blitzes depending on how we line up.