Suh to the Bucs?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Unless they're signing him for significantly less than McCoy's $13M, I not sure about the trade-off. Hell, at least you knew what you had in McCoy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/21/ndamukong-suh-expected-to-sign-with-buccaneers/
Ndamukong Suh expected to sign with Buccaneers
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 21, 2019, 2:55 PM EDT
GettyImages-1067695736-e1545824966104.jpg

Getty Images

Gerald McCoy is out in Tampa Bay, and now Ndamukong Suh is on the way in.

Suh and the Bucs are finalizing a one-year contract, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless they're signing him for significantly less than McCoy's $13M, I not sure about the trade-off. Hell, at least you knew what you had in McCoy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/21/ndamukong-suh-expected-to-sign-with-buccaneers/
Ndamukong Suh expected to sign with Buccaneers
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 21, 2019, 2:55 PM EDT
GettyImages-1067695736-e1545824966104.jpg

Getty Images

Gerald McCoy is out in Tampa Bay, and now Ndamukong Suh is on the way in.

Suh and the Bucs are finalizing a one-year contract, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

It has to be about financial demands in my opinion, that's the only way I can explain it.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I’m just going by theory. Aren’t the Bucs switching to a 3-4? That is the reason why they would let McCoy go and go get Suh instead.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Are the Bucs running a 3-4?
Todd Bowles is the DC so I guess Suh will be a DE. But, on passing downs he's a 3Tech.

Idk seems wierd for a 3-4 team to get him like the Rams last year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You gotta bring it for more then 1 game to validate your contract.

Rams had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

You exactly right......in fact Suh didn't do a damn thing until the playoff. Remember reading several tweets that some Rams coaches even wanted to bench him during the regular season. In fact, many may find it hard to believe but he's only had ONE double-sack season (the rookie year with 10). Fans are quick to mention his playoff domination ( which really wasn't that dominant ) but fail to explain why the Rams wanted no part of him after only one season.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
You exactly right......in fact Suh didn't do a damn thing until the playoff. Remember reading several tweets that some Rams coaches even wanted to bench him during the regular season. In fact, many may find it hard to believe but he's only had ONE double-sack season (the rookie year with 10). Fans are quick to mention his playoff domination ( which really wasn't that dominant ) but fail to explain why the Rams wanted no part of him after only one season.

Go watch the last 2 series of the superbowl

Then come back & tell me you want him:omg::laugh:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Tell that to OL of Cowboys in last year playoff game. He walked Martin around field all day.

Martin was playing on a bad knee all last season. Re-injured it in December and missed two games before coming back for the playoffs.

Translation: Suh "walked" maybe a 60 or 70 percent Martin around in the playoffs.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You gotta bring it for more then 1 game to validate your contract.

Rams had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

Yep.

Seattle, Kansas City, Rams, and New England have four of the eight worst run defenses in the league and all made playoffs. But running backs and run defense rarely are in factor in the NFL.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Go watch the last 2 series of the superbowl

Then come back & tell me you want him:omg::laugh:

LOL......not a chance. For starters, 2 series doesn't make a season. Notice his season stats for the entire year........for $14M.

In the Super Bowl, Suh recorded 2 tackles but the Rams lost 13-3 to the New England Patriots.

Suh finished the season with 59 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The Bucs are reaching. Their defense sucked last year so they're just spinning their wheels trying to keep the fan base from revolting.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Suh kicked Looney's and Elliott's butt last year, so I'd give him some respect. Even though I agree - I don't really want him either at his price. I'm happy with Woods-Crawford-Collins.