News: Sunday Ticket will have many new features

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Thank you.

Generally, do they have basic channels? Local stuff? What’s the content? Sorry to bug ya, quick answer would go a long way. Much thx.

Trying to determine if I can get rid of DTV and not get cable but not miss it.
Locals TNT, TBS, ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN/SECN FS1/2, CBSSN NBATV NFLN plus functionality for NBA League Pass and MLB.TV

I’m ditching Directv after this month. Already have my YTTV in place and it’s sooo much better.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
-DVR without storage space limits.

-You can watch it on your phone with internet connection. Probably can get a few devices synced with your account.

That's what I like most about it.

The only con is that there does seem to be a 1/2 second lag from the audio to what's airing live. So the audio doesn't matchup with the speakers moving mouth. Kind of annoying but other than that I literally have no issues with it. And it may just be my connection.

There mat be a 1 week free trial available to test it out to see if you like it.
I had the audio lag on my Xbox, but turning off the 5.1 surround sound in the settings fixed it somewhat. I don’t have that issue on my Samsung built in app on the TV, my chrome cast or my iPad/iPhone

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
When I heard this news as someone who has patiently waited for the day to leave DTV….I signed up for the free trial of YTV and then a month subscription.

I will say it is user friendly but I have great internet and in a very good area service wise and I find when I rewind or go forward on shows sometimes the service does freeze or occasionally have blips. It’s not like unbearable or all the time at all and is generally infrequent but for an nfl Sunday ticket this can’t happen on a big play or whenever and you have to restart the app especially for a service that’s not cheap per month.

DTV wasn’t without its flaws as I also lost service sometimes during bad weather but YouTube will see a significant increase in traffic and I just hope they are ready to fix any potential issues. So far I’d give it like a 6.5-7/10.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Nothing for nothing, but if you follow Dallas you don't need to subscribe to Directv or YouTube.

I live in north Jersey and of the 17 games this year I couldn't see but only four of them on regular TV. On those four weeks I went to the sports bar and spent less money than a years subscription.

If you're a fan of another team this might make sense but not Dallas.

loublue22

Reaction score
Sounds like the 1 team option a la carte is a possibility.

Wonder how much that will be compares to the total package all games.

My guess:
$200 a la carte
$360 total package
Will they charge less for Dallas when more than half our games are national broadcasts? I'd love be able to buy individual games when we play the panthers at 1pm or something

J12B

Reaction score
Will they charge less for Dallas when more than half our games are national broadcasts? I'd love be able to buy individual games when we play the panthers at 1pm or something
Probably not lol

But someone also pointed out that a la carte means one could purchase Sunday Ticket alone and not have to be a monthly subscriber of YouTube TV, which is probably going to be the case.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Man, DirectTV is going to tank without the NFL. Satellite TV is on it's deathbed.

On that note, excited to see what YouTube will have to offer with their new NFL partnership.
Direct TV is owned by ATT and I think AT&T would be happy to eventually get completely out of the satellite business. They already offer "Direct TV Streaming" and satellite TV will more and more become a service for those without access to broadband or RVers.