Twitter: Superbowl sites next four years

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So So Fi and Levi stadiums get a 2nd SB within 4 or 5 years of opening. And Jerry won’t try, or is th the NfL, won’t give one for Jerry World.

But Arizona and New Orleans keep getting them what seem like every 3 years.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I can see that. It took years for Atlanta to get another after their ice storm in 2000. Even thought they got a new stadium, LA will still host two Super Bowl games before Atlanta is rewarded with another after their Super Bowl in 2019. The fact that Vegas and LA are in the NFL now will make it even harder for cities like Dallas and Atlanta. A rotation of Miami, New Orleans, Tampa, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles will be the norm I bet.
It makes sense... the SB is about a week long experience... that works best with perfect weather and those 5 are the best chances for that.

A dome stadium only address 5 hours of a week long party. If the rest is dealing with cold, and rain/ snow. That would suck

zerofill

Reaction score
Well that takes care of that... have to wait until it is at AT&T again before we can go to the Super Bowl.
:lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Man, that bad ice and seating experience in 2011 is going to keep Dallas from ever seeing a Super Bowl again, huh?
That has to be why it hasn’t been back in Dallas.

conner01

Reaction score
If you're going to spend a few billion on a Stadium.. any new stadium. Wouldn't that be geared around getting in the SB rotation? Makes no sense to me that this doesn't seem to be a priority for a lot of teams when building a stadium.
They generally do get one. And probably should. I haven’t been to allegiances yet but Sofi is an awesome stadium. But no stadium makes money like ATT. It’s been a boom for Jerry and the city. It’s rare a city makes out like Arlington did.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Lambeau Field SB... come on. Let's do it. But seriously, I see Goodell and his money hungry mind having a International Super Bowl before he gives it to Jerry again.

Majic

Reaction score
What Jerry isn't clearly spelling out -No SB if no home game given up to play overseas

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Those teams keep getting the Super Bowl event granted to them repeatedly, yet the Cowboys have only been granted to host the Super Bowl only 1 time.

Something seriously wrong with that picture.
I know there was the bad storm and everything back in 2011, but that could happen anywhere. There was a seating issue as well, but that seemed to be an NFL mishap more than anything specific to the actual site. Jerry doesn't seem to upset about it at least publicly so I guess he knows AT&T's time will soon come again to host.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know there was the bad storm and everything back in 2011, but that could happen anywhere. There was a seating issue as well, but that seemed to be an NFL mishap more than anything specific to the actual site. Jerry doesn't seem to upset about it at least publicly so I guess he knows AT&T's time will soon come again to host.
What's sad is Jerry likely won't be around by the time the NFL picks DFW and the Cowboys to host another Super Bowl.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Correct, reading Jerry's comments at the owners meeting, if he had agreed to play in Brazil as a home team (or even London/Germany) AT&T Stadium would have been added to the SB rotation

Lol, He has let them known when playing overseas game before came up, he wasn’t giving up a home game to go overseas to play.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems way overdue for an upgrade? I was there in the 90's and it was a hole in the wall then.
The Superdome has been undergoing renovations for the past few years (link). Completion is set before the New Orleans Saints' regular season next year.

Honestly, I am curious what it will look like after everything has been re-done. Personally, I hoped it would be torn down and a new stadium constructed. The Superdome's surrounding area is way too congested for visitors and residents alike. Securing reasonable lodging and/or parking nearby can be an extreme hassle.

Nothing will happen. Both the franchise and the state are perfectly content with what exists. The Superdome will be Louisiana's version of Wrigley Field. It will still be standing and operating in 2075, a full century after it was built. This state, my home state, has been and will always be something else, lol.

Majic

Reaction score
Lol, He has let them known when playing overseas game before came up, he wasn’t giving up a home game to go overseas to play.
He's going to have to though. All teams to sacrifice one home game once every 4 years as a home team overseas expected to be agreed to continue to promote game overseas