News: Supplemental Draft to be held Wednesday, July 10th

Carson

Reaction score
AZ would have been given priority if we had proposed a 5th.

Giving up a 4th would have been too much, imo.

Agreed.

Unpopular opinion, but our staff seems content with Heath and Woods. Toss in Iloka, Frazier, Thompson, Wilson they are pretty set on guys they like.

I would have loved to get Thompson for a 5th, but you have to trust your staff.

Quite the logjam at safety for the Cards

That’s why I am puzzled by the pick.

Swearinger, Budda, Deionte Thompson, Josh Shaw ...

Carson

Reaction score
I read that Swearingen will be a free agent after this season, so maybe it's a look ahead pick.

That’s more than likely it, @OmerV.

Baker did play slot last season for them. So he could move back and forth from slot to safety. It’s a good problem to have. I also believe Swearinger is a very underrated safety. Seems like a locker room knucklehead! But on Sunday, the dude can ball.

cern

Reaction score
There have been 45 players selected in the Supplemental Draft. Dallas has made 5 selections including a 1st round selection.

Please try to reference facts in your posts. Nearly 10% of the picks and one of the highest picks have been made by Dallas.

Please reference actual outcome when posting. Your current strategy of just blurting out opinions proves consistently inaccurate.
When I work for you I'll follow your instructions. But since that will never happen, take a deep breath and hold it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There have been 45 players selected in the Supplemental Draft. Dallas has made 5 selections including a 1st round selection.

Please try to reference facts in your posts. Nearly 10% of the picks and one of the highest picks have been made by Dallas.

Please reference actual outcome when posting. Your current strategy of just blurting out opinions proves consistently inaccurate.

This is your response to cern saying Dallas rarely gets involved in the supplemental draft - to tell him he is wrong because out of 43 supplemental drafts the Cowboys have taken someone 5 times, and because they used a first round selection 30 years ago? Is that what you call frequent use?

Sorry, but your logic is way the Hell off here. Even if the Cowboys have used it more than other teams they clearly have rarely used it, just as Cern said.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Well, to be fair, 1 pick in the last 24 years would qualify as rare to me!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed.

Unpopular opinion, but our staff seems content with Heath and Woods. Toss in Iloka, Frazier, Thompson, Wilson they are pretty set on guys they like.

I would have loved to get Thompson for a 5th, but you have to trust your staff.

That’s why I am puzzled by the pick.

Swearinger, Budda, Deionte Thompson, Josh Shaw ...
Dont know that Deionte Thompson is a lock

AbeBeta

Reaction score
When I work for you I'll follow your instructions. But since that will never happen, take a deep breath and hold it.

So you'll continue to post uninformed nonsense until I'm your boss?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This is your response to cern saying Dallas rarely gets involved in the supplemental draft - to tell him he is wrong because out of 43 supplemental drafts the Cowboys have taken someone 5 times, and because they used a first round selection 30 years ago? Is that what you call frequent use?

Sorry, but your logic is way the Hell off here. Even if the Cowboys have used it more than other teams they clearly have rarely used it, just as Cern said.

Out of 45 players picked, we took 5. That's over 10% of all the picks.

cern

Reaction score
So you'll continue to post uninformed nonsense until I'm your boss?
You seem to have totally missed the point. I will never work for you. I couldn't handle the pay cut. As for posting nonsense, read your own words.