Supposedly Byron Jones and Jourdan Lewis have been made available for trades

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think Lewis is the best DB on the team but our secret kinda sorta but not really defensive coordinator Kris Richard is too stupid to know it.

Teh length fetish is strong.
He's not close to the best. He had opportunities and got roasted.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The love for Lewis around here is odd. We can talk about potential - but it seems most here are using his college tape more than what he's done in the NFL in his first two seasons.

You sure as heck don't rid of one of your best defensive for a guy who has yet to beat out Brown or the guy who taken ahead of him in the same draft.

exciter

Reaction score
Damn, Jones doesn't suprise me with his contract being up soon and his value at an all time high. I am suprised by Lewis though. They must believe in Anthony Brown?
Seriously... Brown emerged as one of the best slot corners in the leage last year. After next season he's going to get contract offers Dallas cant hope to match with the core players they need to sign!

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
This is dumb. Hard to believe the Cowboys would consider wanting to trade either one of these players who are young and can play DB very well. I would rather trade D-Law and his constantly injured, aging body and greedily demanding $22.5 mil/season self, than the much younger and cheaper to keep Byron Jones and Jourdan Lewis.

DLaw and Byron Jones are the same age (26). Now if we're talking dog years then Lawrence is 5.5 months older which is 3 dog years.:laugh:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Add Woods to the unhappy secondary because he already felt that way when they were going after Thomas.

I wonder how in the hell this gets out so easily with the Cowboys? Now, they've got a secondary with 3 of the 6 key players feeling like the wife that finds out her husband is looking for a new wife on the internet. The NFL is nothing but an bunch of old women, gathered at the clotheslines exchanging gossip.

The misuse of the word respect by these players in negotiations is laughable; however, with how Jones has responded to being played out of position and doing what was asked of him every time he was asked, he deserves better than this. Unless he has asked to be traded and that could be.

He's not dumb and sees all of the big money that's going to be thrown around at the offense and possibly Lawrence and Smith right behind him and figures out he's got a better chance of getting paid on another team. And for some unknown reason, some still think every player wants to be a Cowboy.

The way this team has handled it's business in the media, it is the cluster of the NFL.
Woods is who I was referring to since it is reported in a thread that he felt disrespected with the Boys pursuing ET

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I see what your saying, but considering the contracts we have coming up and the money Jones will command I wouldn't be surprised if we part ways.

We have a ton of players we want to retain. I doubt everyone gets a contract . With Cheeto, Brown and Lewis I think Dallas feels they can afford to trade Jones. With Dak, Coop, Zeke, Dlaw, Jaylon we are going to lose a lot of our breathing room and CB is a position group we have a lot of talent/depth in.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, more so I see the logic. Obviously they could move Lewis instead, but then they have to pay Jones a hefty contract the following year right? If they dont plan to re-sign him we may as well get something of value. For the record Im a fan and Id like to keep the young stud.

Signing the oline guys long term was a no brainer for me. They tick all my boxes. But each of this next batch has some concerns for me. I think I'd be happier locking up Jaylon and LVE. I'm for moving most anyone of the new batch for a good pick.

A thought, though - Byron "trades" may be a feint to make us seem less interested in moving Lewis.

Reactions: CWR

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He can like CJ but he isn't a starter and i have yet to see where Richards thinks he is.
I really don't know the entire story. I know he was a Kris Richard guy. Maybe he just liked him because he was six three. They had good expectations for him. I really don't know much about the kid. The biggest thing I noticed about our defensive backs. They finally learned how to handle two wide receivers Crossing in the end zone. I used to want to crawl through the TV . every time the Giants scored a touchdown on that play

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That dude is terrible. No way he wins starter over Brown, Awuzie, Jones or Lewis
I like brown I'm still eating my words supporting him. Every time I said he's good he makes me look bad. I still like the young man.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
This is going to turn out to be a case of the Cowboys trying to be too cute. Good corners are not a dime a dozen.