Supposedly Byron Jones and Jourdan Lewis have been made available for trades

kskboys

Reaction score
I believe it was called. The revolving door. LOL was that after we let him go he went to San Francisco and we took him back
Jerry should've gotten ahead of things and started getting these guys signed before the salary cap kicked in. The primary reason we won the first two super bowls was due to a deep and talented rotation. Guys like Cornish, Casillas, Jimmie Jones, Gogan, Gesek, Gant, Step, Washington, and Jeffcoat. Guys like those were the reason we slipped into mediocrity, and it was obvious Jerry didn't even understand why we won back then.

We didn't lose due to the salary cap, we lost due to poor GMing.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry should've gotten ahead of things and started getting these guys signed before the salary cap kicked in. The primary reason we won the first two super bowls was due to a deep and talented rotation. Guys like Cornish, Casillas, Jimmie Jones, Gogan, Gesek, Gant, Step, Washington, and Jeffcoat. Guys like those were the reason we slipped into mediocrity, and it was obvious Jerry didn't even understand why we won back then.

In my gym, I have 6 by 9 autograph photographs of the entire starting offense. LOL I just realized if you enlarge my avatar. You can see the photographs in the top left corner LOL I got Emmett for $65. I think it's worth like 200 right now

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I truly believe without Charles Haley we may never have won a ring. Imagine the third ring came without coaching. Barry Switzer LMAO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Replace w rookie, I’m good
I actually want a strong safety in this draft. But I would definitely keep him as a backup rotational player. We don't get a penalty in the Green Bay playoff game that interception we win

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trading Byron Jones makes sense. Jourdan Lewis has good coverage skills and is a heck of a tackler.
I like the six three corner. CJ Connors or something he was injured last season and he's a Kris Rashad's guy CJ Goodwin

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not good. They both are going to feel disrespected now. If they are not traded now then we are going to have secondary of disrespected players with hurt feelings. That is not good for their egos or self confidence
Add Woods to the unhappy secondary because he already felt that way when they were going after Thomas.

I wonder how in the hell this gets out so easily with the Cowboys? Now, they've got a secondary with 3 of the 6 key players feeling like the wife that finds out her husband is looking for a new wife on the internet. The NFL is nothing but an bunch of old women, gathered at the clotheslines exchanging gossip.

The misuse of the word respect by these players in negotiations is laughable; however, with how Jones has responded to being played out of position and doing what was asked of him every time he was asked, he deserves better than this. Unless he has asked to be traded and that could be.

He's not dumb and sees all of the big money that's going to be thrown around at the offense and possibly Lawrence and Smith right behind him and figures out he's got a better chance of getting paid on another team. And for some unknown reason, some still think every player wants to be a Cowboy.

The way this team has handled it's business in the media, it is the cluster of the NFL.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Add Woods to the unhappy secondary because he already felt that way when they were going after Thomas.

I wonder how in the hell this gets out so easily with the Cowboys? Now, they've got a secondary with 3 of the 6 key players feeling like the wife that finds out her husband is looking for a new wife on the internet. The NFL is nothing but an bunch of old women, gathered at the clotheslines exchanging gossip.

The misuse of the word respect by these players in negotiations is laughable; however, with how Jones has responded to being played out of position and doing what was asked of him every time he was asked, he deserves better than this. Unless he has asked to be traded and that could be.

He's not dumb and sees all of the big money that's going to be thrown around at the offense and possibly Lawrence and Smith right behind him and figures out he's got a better chance of getting paid on another team. And for some unknown reason, some still think every player wants to be a Cowboy.

The way this team has handled it's business in the media, it is the cluster of the NFL.
I worry about the camaraderie on the team also. Talent emotion camaraderie. Yes and a defensive tackle. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I bet we keep him.
I wonder if we do keep him especially because Lawrence wants over-the-top money. Reported 28 million. I think he just signed his release papers. That open the door to keep Byron Jones Maybe

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He wasn't on the field that often. That's why I don't like statistics. I like what I see or not see as a real barometer
That's part of the issue. He got roasted. So you should have seen limited playing and like 1 start.