Suprise. March 13th and no Dak extension

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anybody know what the consequences and schedules are for Dak and the Cowboys from here on out?
If I'm not mistaken he is a free agent after the season is over?
Is the option to be a post-June 1st Cut still alive?
Is he still due his 5 million $ bonus on March 18th?
What will his cap hit be if he plays out the season?
Can he hold out and if so does he get paid?

Thanks

Chasing6

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the consequences and schedules are for Dak and the Cowboys from here on out?

Thanks
I don't think GM Jeruh cares. He is blowing up the team. This will be Dak's last year whether he holds out or not.

With Dak gone, Martin and DLaw retiring, they could free up close to $100M in cap space for 2025.

Could rebuild around Tyler Smith, Ferguson, CD, Diggs, Bland, Micah and Aubrey.

Could give Trance a cheap opportunity to prove himself in 2025. If it fails they will have a very high draft pick in 2026.

If Dallas decides to not make any significant moves this year, might as well sit Dak, as soon as we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and see what the athlete can do.

This has to be Jerry's plan. Nothing else makes any sense at this point.

Hopefully he has learned to build it from the trenches out. However those core players listed above only have 1 player in the trenches.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Holdouts never get paid. That’s not an option

Cap hit is 60m this season. 36M in dead money next season.

Of course he can still be a post 6/1 cut.

He is a free agent after the season.
So he plays out this year at that big number and becomes a free agent and we STILL owe him money without doing restructuring or anything??

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So he plays out this year at that big number and becomes a free agent and we STILL owe him money without doing restructuring or anything??
Yep, this is why you can’t just automatically restructure contracts to open up cap space year after year as some suggest. Eventually that catches up to you and the bill comes due.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think GM Jeruh cares. He is blowing up the team. This will be Dak's last year whether he holds out or not.

With Dak gone, Martin and DLaw retiring, they could free up close to $100M in cap space for 2025.

Could give Trance a cheap opportunity to prove himself in 2025. If it fails they will have a very high draft pick in 2026.

If Dallas decides to not make any significant moves this year, might as well sit Dak, as soon as we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and see what the athlete can do.

Hopefully he has learned to build it from the trenches out. However those core players listed above only have 1 player in the trenches.
No pain no gain...lots of pain coming this year. 2025 the rebuild begins.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The playoff loss was more of a disaster than fans initially thought.

2024 draft + 2025 draft + new HC in 2025.

That gives them many new starters, all on rook contracts.

This has been planned.

#Lance was the first piece.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Thanks
I dunno, but let’s laugh at all the ones that voted “yes” in your poll lolololololololol

Silverstar

Reaction score
1aaaaaaa.jpg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dunno, but let’s laugh at all the ones that voted “yes” in your poll lolololololololol
Sometimes in life even though the evidence is overwhelming people still see and believe what their brain tells them.
Dak's extension was a gimmie here since forever and folks would joke if you even questioned the fact that he was undeserving of one.
Welcome to reality folks and this is only the beginning as the Star will shine again!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Holdouts never get paid. That’s not an option

Cap hit is 60m this season. 36M in dead money next season.

Of course he can still be a post 6/1 cut.

He is a free agent after the season.
Never? Then what happened when Zeke and Martin did it?

DZSierra

Reaction score
I'm kind of confused, nothing new.

Living in the South East, I don't follow / get the Cowboys per news.

This is my dumb line of thinking, and keep in mind, I'm not a Dak Hater or Dak Lover...

Dak isn't a bad QB by any means IMO although he can make some boneheaded decisions given his time in the NFL as a QB, that leaves you scratching your head, but then sometimes the coaches blow it IMO by their own bone headed decisions.

The Cowboys have an issue somewhere, be it coaching, team ownership and players in the mix.

Given today's free agency market, if I'm Jerry, it makes no sense to "blow up the team". Reality is they could be a few good players short to make a run to the SB (reality is they are always "up at the top" in the division with the Eagles it seems since Dak's been playing).

Way I see it, blow up the team and you may be at the bottom of the division for some time. Hey, take a couple of years, "develope" a new team, but guess what happens when players contracts are up? You're going to have to pay them, and then you're right back to square 1, where it seems the Cowboys are at right now.

I mean come on, there is no way the team doesn't have the money is there to bring in some people that could help?

The thing that blows me away is the it seems the rest of the division is spending money to try to help the team in the standings immediately once FA hit. I honestly have no clue what Roseman is doing spending all the money on "expensive" players, but I will say the guy has balls and would have loved to be a fly on the wall listening to him explain his line of thinking to his boss. That said, sometimes when you got balls, you're in the unemployment line LOL

Just seems stupid to blow this team up and have to start from scratch when they are so close...

I mean if Dak isn't Jerry's "guy", bite the bullet and move on. That said, not certain if Lance is the answer.

b0xZZ

Reaction score

100% on board with this plan. For once, Jerry is doing exactly what he should be doing in this situation. It couldn't have played out better in my opinion. 24 is going to be ugly and I'm ok with that to move on from this imbecile QB.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yes. That’s what dead money is. Denver has 85m in dead money they’re still paying Wilson. They’ll be paying I believe 38m this year while Wilson is playing for Pittsburgh. The two team play and he’ll actually make over 2m to play that game for the Steelers, courtesy of the broncos

JBS

Reaction score
Correct. Against the cap. He’s gotten the money already