Sure you want Dallas to win?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Of course we want the Cowboys to win, regardless of circumstance. We're fans.

However, some cursory reseach has revealed an interesting trend. In 5 seasons since 1990, the Super Bowl has been a rematch of opponents that met in the regular season. In 4 of those 5 Super Bowl rematches, the winning team lost the regular season matchup against the same opponent.

In 2001, the Patriots beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Rams at home during the regular season.

In 1999, the Rams beat the Titans in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Titans on the road during the regular season.

In 1993, the Cowboys beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

In 1990, the Giants beats the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

The 1994 San Francisco 49ers are the only exception to this trend. They throttled the San Diego Chargers in the Super Bowl and during their regular season contest in San Diego.

In my opinion, the most surprising fact is how often the eventual Super Bowl champ lost at home.

Perhaps history will repeat itself?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1701477 said:
Maybe, maybe not, but regardless of previous results, I want to see the Cowboys win every game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Positive I want this win. I don't believe past results have anything to do with future matchups.

malbis030347

Reaction score
No team beats Belichik twice in the same season...he is the master at scheming especially after playing you once... it may be better if we lose Sunday and figure out how to fix all that we did wrong in case we meet in the SB down the road....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Patriots are already in the Superbowl?

Did I wake up in February?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
We should probably just lose the rest of our games so that we can get McFadden. Might be too late now thanks to 5-0 and Cleveland.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
malbis030347;1701590 said:
No team beats Belichik twice in the same season...he is the master at scheming especially after playing you once... it may be better if we lose Sunday and figure out how to fix all that we did wrong in case we meet in the SB down the road....

If your team is good enough you can win. Dallas beat both GB and SF in reg season and post season to get to the SB and did so for the simple reason we were better.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1701477 said:
Of course we want the Cowboys to win, regardless of circumstance. We're fans.

However, some cursory reseach has revealed an interesting trend. In 5 seasons since 1990, the Super Bowl has been a rematch of opponents that met in the regular season. In 4 of those 5 Super Bowl rematches, the winning team lost the regular season matchup against the same opponent.

In 2001, the Patriots beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Rams at home during the regular season.

In 1999, the Rams beat the Titans in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Titans on the road during the regular season.

In 1993, the Cowboys beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

In 1990, the Giants beats the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

The 1994 San Francisco 49ers are the only exception to this trend. They throttled the San Diego Chargers in the Super Bowl and during their regular season contest in San Diego.

In my opinion, the most surprising fact is how often the eventual Super Bowl champ lost at home.

You're at work aren't ya.................

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
While I'm not going to be rooting for the Patriots on Sunday, I think there is enough precedence as shown here, along with the 31-7 beating we received on MNF by the Eagles in 1992, to say a loss, even a blowout, is not the end of the world or the end of our season (I suppose that could be the same thing).

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Here's another stat: Every team that has gone undefeated in the regular season has gone on to win the Superbowl. I'm rooting for a win every game.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
bobtheflob;1701633 said:
Here's another stat: Every team that has gone undefeated in the regular season has gone on to win the Superbowl. I'm rooting for a win every game.

:laugh2:

But no 19-0 team has ever won the Super Bowl.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The Colts aren't on our schedule this year, are they?

So yes.

(BTW, it absolutely will not be the end of the world if we lose, or even if we get blown out. It's a non-division, non-conference game.)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
malbis030347;1701590 said:
Things could change now that he can't cheat anymore. Or we could just change our defensive signals after we play them and that might take away his edge for the second game.