Sure you want Dallas to win?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1701975 said:
The Colts aren't on our schedule this year, are they?

So yes.

(BTW, it absolutely will not be the end of the world if we lose, or even if we get blown out. It's a non-division, non-conference game.)

Sounds like something you need to tell yourself to lessen the blow......;)
Mind if I borrow that for awhile?:eek::

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
the thread title was " sure you want a dallas win" ??

uhhh YEAH

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
What was our record against the Bills with Emmitt? I know we lost that one game without him....

That list is bogus cause Emmitt was not signed yet. I am sure that had he been there, we would have won the regular season game and then the SB game too.....

Besides, the list shows that it is possible for the regular season winner to be the SB winner too.......and since it has happened once, it can happen again and again and again.

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Biggems;1702290 said:
What was our record against the Bills with Emmitt? I know we lost that one game without him....

That list is bogus cause Emmitt was not signed yet. I am sure that had he been there, we would have won the regular season game and then the SB game too.....

So because Emmitt was not signed yet, the entire list is invalidated.

Hmmmm.....

Besides, the list shows that it is possible for the regular season winner to be the SB winner too.......and since it has happened once, it can happen again and again and again.

Hence the reason it's called a trend. Trends indicate repitition of a certain outcome; they don't guarantee that outcome.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1702317 said:
So because Emmitt was not signed yet, the entire list is invalidated.

Hmmmm.....

Hence the reason it's called a trend. Trends indicate repitition of a certain outcome; they don't guarantee that outcome.

It has happened 5 times.....with 4 times the winner of the regular season game, losing in the SB.....If Dallas had Emmitt, they most likely win the regular season game....so that makes it 3-2 instead of 4-1.......not so lopsided, huh?

I know what a trend is. You don't have to try and talk down to me or any other poster, just cause you feel the need to express your Statistics vocabulary knowledge. My point was, since someone had bucked the trend, it gives other teams more confidence that it can be done again, even if, statistically it is false confidence.

nathanlt

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1701477 said:
Of course we want the Cowboys to win, regardless of circumstance. We're fans.

However, some cursory reseach has revealed an interesting trend. In 5 seasons since 1990, the Super Bowl has been a rematch of opponents that met in the regular season. In 4 of those 5 Super Bowl rematches, the winning team lost the regular season matchup against the same opponent.

In 2001, the Patriots beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Rams at home during the regular season.

In 1999, the Rams beat the Titans in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Titans on the road during the regular season.

In 1993, the Cowboys beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

In 1990, the Giants beats the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

The 1994 San Francisco 49ers are the only exception to this trend. They throttled the San Diego Chargers in the Super Bowl and during their regular season contest in San Diego.

In my opinion, the most surprising fact is how often the eventual Super Bowl champ lost at home.

Perhaps history will repeat itself?

If the Cowboys lose on Sunday, I'll take this research as a plus if the Cowboys meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I know what you're saying, if the goal is to win a Super Bowl, pulling out all the stops now to beat the Pats in a regular season game will not leave too many surprises for the big game!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Biggems;1702353 said:
It has happened 5 times.....with 4 times the winner of the regular season game, losing in the SB.....If Dallas had Emmitt, they most likely win the regular season game....so that makes it 3-2 instead of 4-1.......not so lopsided, huh?

It's likely that all those games had an Emmitt-factor. But I'm not addressing the could'ves, would'ves, or should'ves of those games. I'm dealing with their actual results and their implications.

I know what a trend is. You don't have to try and talk down to me or any other poster, just cause you feel the need to express your Statistics vocabulary knowledge.

Two things here:

1) I took only one statistics course as an undergrad, and I was bored silly. I have absolutely no comprehensive knowledge of statistics or its corresponding vocabulary. I'm merely relating an observation.

2) I'm not talking down to you. I'm attempting to explain that Emmitt's absence does not necessarily invalidate my observation. That is all.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1701477 said:
Of course we want the Cowboys to win, regardless of circumstance. We're fans.

However, some cursory reseach has revealed an interesting trend. In 5 seasons since 1990, the Super Bowl has been a rematch of opponents that met in the regular season. In 4 of those 5 Super Bowl rematches, the winning team lost the regular season matchup against the same opponent.

In 2001, the Patriots beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Rams at home during the regular season.

In 1999, the Rams beat the Titans in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Titans on the road during the regular season.

In 1993, the Cowboys beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

In 1990, the Giants beats the Bills in the Super Bowl, but lost to the Bills at home during the regular season.

The 1994 San Francisco 49ers are the only exception to this trend. They throttled the San Diego Chargers in the Super Bowl and during their regular season contest in San Diego.

In my opinion, the most surprising fact is how often the eventual Super Bowl champ lost at home.

Perhaps history will repeat itself?

I prefer to go back a little further...

1977:
Game 14 - Dallas 14 Denver 6
Super Bowl XII - Dallas 27 Denver 10

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
nathanlt;1702357 said:
If the Cowboys lose on Sunday, I'll take this research as a plus if the Cowboys meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I know what you're saying, if the goal is to win a Super Bowl, pulling out all the stops now to beat the Pats in a regular season game will not leave too many surprises for the big game!

Worry about the SB if we get there. Right now, we need to do anything and everything to win the game.

If we are lucky and blessed to reach the SB this year, worry about the matchup then, not in week 6.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
This game was the least of my worries on the schedule, b/c of it being a non-conference game, it'll have very little influence on tiebreakers(assuming the Pats beat the other NFCE opponents).

However-with all the hatred that's built up over this team this week by the media(national and local), I just can't help but feel angry.