Surprise cut predictions

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dix - if ET is signed, it happens that day.
Crawford - Maybe if McCoy was healthy, no way
Lee- Maybe, especially if Benard is as good as we are being told.

That would be my bet as well, if Earl Thomas comes in, Clinton-Dix goes out.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones can't pass a physical because he needs surgery. He's not sure he wants to have it because he's considering retirement.

Everyone knows why Eric Reid isn't getting a paycheck with Jerry Jones' name on it. To this point, no one else's name either.
Sad thing is Reid was a great player. And a great teammate. He should be playing somewhere.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Is there a bigger contrast about how CZ feels about a player versus how the organization feels about him than Tyrone Crawford?

He's not going anywhere. If he remains healthy he'll play a lot this season.
Agreed but i'm not suprised that CZ thought this offseason he was on the chopping block

They literally went and signed free agents to cover 3 out of the 4 starting spots on the D-line and then spent a top 75 pick on another.

Factor in a 8 million dollar savings and you bet he was on the chopping block (especially since for most of the off-season they had 3 other 3 techs on the roster).

Luckily for Crawford McCoy went down and Gallimore hasn't shown much so he'll get majority of the reps at 3T. The wait and see aspect helped him (on paper he was on the chopping block but once bodies started to drop he filled in)

quickccc

Reaction score
Trysten Hill's stock is way up right now. I doubt even without the McCoy injury he would have anything to worry about.

He was reportedly giving Zack Martin problems in the scrimmage.

He's one of the guys im excited to watch week 1.

Based on this, would you start Hill right away Game 1 vs Rams?
.. or stay with Crawford as the starter and eventually ease Hill into the starting lineup ?

Remember when several posters here were blasting and downing Hill,... predicted Hill to be cut,
..or wanted the team to go ahead without him.? Where are they now ?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there a bigger contrast about how CZ feels about a player versus how the organization feels about him than Tyrone Crawford?

He's not going anywhere. If he remains healthy he'll play a lot this season.

Certainly not for me.

But we also all know which side has in fact been proven right over and over again as well.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
HaHa -- not a surprise really at this point.
Sean Lee -- if he's dinged up again this staff has no loyalty to him. would likely be an IR type deal where he coaches this year but at player salary.
A real surprise could be looming on OL. That area is really deep and a guy could fall out we had marked safe.
Randy Gregory. If he finally wins reinstatement I'm not sure he has a spot on this team anymore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed but i'm not suprised that CZ thought this offseason he was on the chopping block

They literally went and signed free agents to cover 3 out of the 4 starting spots on the D-line and then spent a top 75 pick on another.

Factor in a 8 million dollar savings and you bet he was on the chopping block (especially since for most of the off-season they had 3 other 3 techs on the roster).

Luckily for Crawford McCoy went down and Gallimore hasn't shown much so he'll get majority of the reps at 3T. The wait and see aspect helped him (on paper he was on the chopping block but once bodies started to drop he filled in)

Yep. McCoy being lost for the season was the best thing that could have happened for Crawford.

Anyone still think he will finally be taking that well-deserved paycut now? Anyone?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yep. McCoy being lost for the season was the best thing that could have happened for Crawford.

Anyone still think he will finally be taking that well-deserved paycut now? Anyone?
he'd take it today if they wanted to do what it took to get deal done, which likely means an extension and upfront cash now.
they passed and it makes sense given the depth they've been slowly building on the DL.

what might it look like?
5M cash now, 1m sal.
4m salary next year fully GTD. --6.5m cap hit next year.
Doug Free took one of these deals and TC would as well if it means making more money here than elsewhere.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I really believe they see something in Dinucci and they keep him in the 53,i also believe they like thornsen too and hopefully he can make it to the PS.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he'd take it today if they wanted to do what it took to get deal done, which likely means an extension and upfront cash now.
they passed and it makes sense given the depth they've been slowly building on the DL.

what might it look like?
5M cash now, 1m sal.
4m salary next year fully GTD. --6.5m cap hit next year.
Doug Free took one of these deals and TC would as well if it means making more money here than elsewhere.

$10 million over two years makes more sense than $9.1 million for one.

But you know me, prior to McCoy's injury, I was pulling that band-aid off completely.

Zordon

Reaction score

Even with a healthy McCoy and better Gallimore, I still think he makes the team. He's a swiss army knife on the dline and can get a consistent push from all positions even if he doesn't finish with sacks. I also know they consider him a 'face' and leader in the locker room. Go to The Star you will see his face everywhere on the walls, in advertising, etc. Those types of guys don't get cut easily in Dallas.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Dontari Poe because of his stance on something we cant discuss and calling out Jones. With the emergence of hill this is a possibility i think

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Based on this, would you start Hill right away Game 1 vs Rams?
.. or stay with Crawford as the starter and eventually ease Hill into the starting lineup ?

Remember when several posters here were blasting and downing Hill,... predicted Hill to be cut,
..or wanted the team to go ahead without him.? Where are they now ?

I would start Hill over Crawford yes.

Crawford would be a situational guy for me. He can't stay healthy and his body won't hold up inside.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
From TC reports, will Dix actually be a surprise cut at this point. I can see why many would think this though. As maybe he just is not a good price guy. But he has not been a top S the past few years either, so it seems.
With McCoy gone, Crawford would be a surprise cut. I think would, Antuan Woods be a surprise at this point also.

How has Gifford looked, have not heard anything about his TC. it does not mean that is a bad thing though.
Also Armstrong, falls in that same category. But would he be a surprise as well.
Goodwin, the same.

So really the only surprise would be Crawford, I guess Dix.
Gifford has probably looked awesome and they are trying to sneak him to the practice squad so they informed the staff there can't be any camp reports about him.