Surprise Cuts, who is on your list?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With a few more games left, who on this roster that was here last year or drafted this year could be on the chopping block?

Offense- Wouldn't surprise me to see Vaughan cut, or Zeke

Defense- Donovan WIlson? Please give your thoughts

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dak Prescott....just kidding!! :grin:
The Three Stooges - Slowly I Turned on Make a GIF

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The defensive backfield is deep. If there is a "good" player cut, it will probably come out of there.

Surprise? Schoonmaker. I still think Stephens has more upside. Maybe Steele. Maybe Lance.

I could list off a bunch of guys who are on the bubble but the point of this thread is to talk about guys who theoretically aren't on the bubble who get let go.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Izzy Mukaumu is an outside possibility.
Hooker, Bell, Wilson, Thomas all in front of him. It will be a numbers game and ST's issue.

Hendershot at TE, depends on how they feel about Stephens, and the rest of the camp he has. But can he block better than Hendershot.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
With a few more games left, who on this roster that was here last year or drafted this year could be on the chopping block?

Zeke, Vaughn, Eric Scott, Ball,

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao:
Zeke is not getting cut.

Unless it is a numbers game to keep a younger player on the roster. As Zeke may not be eliglie to a waivers claim. And they have a hand shake deal for him to return after all thirster moves are in place.

However, they will do this with Cooper Rush and Seig before Zeke. They did that before with them. Goodwin as well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The fact Zeke sat out of the first preseason game suggests they are treating him like a starter.

Donovan Wilson has to be paid this year regardless, so there isn't any chance he will get cut.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Deuce would not be a surprise cut. Zeke will not be cut.

D. Wilson I doubt, I guess it depends on his cap hit, as well. A long shot possibly, anything can happen. But I am on the very doubtful wagon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fact Zeke sat out of the first preseason game suggests they are treating him like a starter.

Donovan Wilson has to be paid this year regardless, so there isn't any chance he will get cut.
I don’t think Zeke has ever played in preseason except as a rookie.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Trance only because his contract is guaranteed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think Zeke has ever played in preseason except as a rookie.
Which is because he was a starter who didn't have to earn his spot in preseason and they were saving the wear and tear on his body

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I agree with you on Vaughan, Coog. The defense is harder for me to say. Guys I never really heard of. Lol. ;)