Surprise Cuts, who is on your list?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Maybe Royce Freeman or Hunter Luepke would be surprises? I wouldn't have called a Royce cut a surprise until Stephen Jones sung his praise. However, between the RB, FB, and TE room the numbers are going to get tight.

If Royce were to be cut perhaps he's right back after roster magic and Vaughn to IR.
Thinking Hendershot gets the ax....that kid they picked up from the gophers....he can block.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With a few more games left, who on this roster that was here last year or drafted this year could be on the chopping block?

Offense- Wouldn't surprise me to see Vaughan cut, or Zeke

Defense- Donovan WIlson? Please give your thoughts
Duece Vaughn - asking him to take reps at WR is a huge red flag. Can he make it on special teams?

Peyton Hendershot - any read value?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Duece Vaughn - asking him to take reps at WR is a huge red flag. Can he make it on special teams?

Peyton Hendershot - any read value?
None at all for Peyton was a one year wonder think they like Stephens more

Chasing6

Reaction score
None at all for Peyton was a one year wonder think they like Stephens more
I am sure they like Stephens more in the passing game, however we only use our backup TE's to block.

Remember Marcellus Bennett?

He averaged 65 catches for 6 years after leaving Dallas with a high of 90 in Chicago.

He averaged just over 20 with us in 4 years.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am sure they like Stephens more in the passing game, however we only use our backup TE's to block.

Remember Marcellus Bennett?

He averaged 65 catches for 6 years after leaving Dallas with a high of 90 in Chicago.

He averaged just over 20 with us in 4 years.
We're the only team that is looking for blocking tight ends I swear, you made a very good point about Marty b

Havic

Reaction score
Surprise cuts? Hooker could fall into that category but I think most shocking would be Mazi, or maybe Hoffman

CowboyChris

Reaction score
if we cut Lance do we save 5 million? if so I will add him along with Schoonmaker

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Schoonmaker lol I kid that maybe to early for a second rounder. But so far I've seen nothing in him. What a waste of a second rounder. He looks like the 4-5 best TE on the roster. Maybe his blocking keeps him around?

kskboys

Reaction score
Schoonmaker lol I kid that maybe to early for a second rounder. But so far I've seen nothing in him. What a waste of a second rounder. He looks like the 4-5 best TE on the roster. Maybe his blocking keeps him around?
I swear, if he were a late round pick he might make the PS.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though not a surprise...like others said Hendershot
Royce Freeman
Malik Davis
The biggest surprise might be Lance

Maybe Fehoko gets traded.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Trance only because his contract is guaranteed.
I'll agree with that if we're talking surprise cuts. Most of the players who will be cut are no surprise.

I'll got with CJ Goodwin on the defensive side since they seem to love him as a special teammer. Actually, that wouldn't be a surprise because they like to use him as a vet cut to keep a younger player and put him on the PS for the first few games. I guess the surprise would be not bringing him back at all.