Surprise Cuts?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Can you point out 3 plays where Fabini has whiffed or missed a block? Just 3?

I swear these board memes are ridiculous.

Silverstar

Reaction score
theogt said:
Can you point out 3 plays where Fabini has whiffed or missed a block? Just 3?

I swear these board memes are ridiculous.

Can you point out why Fabini is playing on the second team?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Can you point out why Fabini is playing on the second team?
He played on the first team in New Orleans. Petitti is essentially playing on the 3rd team behind McQ, does that mean he's getting cut?

Silverstar

Reaction score
theogt said:
He played on the first team in New Orleans. Petitti is essentially playing on the 3rd team behind McQ, does that mean he's getting cut?

Your reaching...

Fabini is a just a backup now and he's an old backup at that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Your reaching...

Fabini is a just a backup now and he's an old backup at that.
No, I'm not. He just turned 32. Not exactly ancient for linemen.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
theogt said:
wouldn't surprise me one bit...he still can't pass block worth a crap.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're dealing with Parcells here, he's not going to leave himself with 2 rookies at back-up tackle. I know Pettiti is not a rookie, but come on, he may as well be. IMO Rob is the odd man out.

Because "I will not let you fail" doesn't mean ****e when you may have a Super Bowl in your sights. lol

Silverstar

Reaction score
I would be shocked if we cut Pettiti.

Pettiti is getting those reps at LT because he's improved...not regressed. Fabini may have a slight edge over Pettiti as a backup RT, but that's not saying much for Fabini IMO. Parcells knows Pettiti can play RT and now he's making him more versatile, by giving him reps on the left side. McQ is simply raw and Parcells wants to see if he has any future at LT or not. It's preseason...so now is the time to experiment and that's exactly what Parcells is doing with Pettiti and McQ. Fabini is coming off a pectoral injury and obviously, can't beat out Colombo at RT to become the starter. Also, Fabini is either too light or too slow for the LT position or he would have practiced and started in place of Adams.

Fabini is the odd man out IMO.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Some possible surprise cuts...

Jacques Reeves
Nate Jones
Willie Pile

I agree that Pile is gone, but Reeves' ability to play both CB and S will earn him a spot, I think we only carry 3 safeties: KEith, Watkins and Roy

Keith can slide over to SS in case an injury to Roy, Watkins would fill in at FS in case of an injury to Keith, or better yet, Watkins beats out Keith, and Keith can serve as the backup to both free and strong safety, and Jacque Reeves would be the nickel FS, we keep 6 CBs: NEwman, Henry, Glenn, Reeves, Jones

JMO

Silverstar said:
Fredrickson's versatility just might supplant the incumbent McBriar.

what versatility? Parcells hasn't seen it in games

I don't see how Johnson goes anywhere, at worst, he'll serve as insurance in case Gurode goes back into a funk

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Silverstar said:
Some possible surprise cuts...

Jacques Reeves
No way Reeves gets cut. His play will be some of the reason we don't go CB in the first round next year.

Silverstar

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
what versatility? Parcells hasn't seen it in games

That's what puzzles me...why hasn't Fredrickson been getting more oppurtunities?

Here's the bio on him...

The Cowboys signed Tyler Fredrickson a 6-3, 220-pound kicker/punter from Cal. He originally went to camp with the Seattle Seahawks in 2004 but was released during camp and out of football for the rest of the year. He then went to camp with the Denver Broncos in 2005 but was released at the start of camp. He averaged 39.4 yards for his career at Cal, placing 55 of his kicks inside the 20-yard line. He took over placekicking duties as well as a senior, converting the third and fifth longest field goals in school history with 53 and 51 yard attempts. He was a teammate of Cowboys long-snapper Louis-Philippe Ladoucer for four years at Cal.

Sure would be nice, if he could punt and handle kickoffs for us too.