Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.

aikemirv

Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
LT is one of the most important positions on the team - I don't know what you are talking about there - However I take the best CB in the draft that was a top 10 player when he is sitting there for me at 24!

Jipper

Reaction score
Reading he has the ability to play either side?

I can't really grade bc I don't know any of the players in the draft but was good to see them pick up a high 3rd and get the same player they probably would have taken...I guess for that it has to at least be a passing grade.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A LT, really?

Salary cap…

Carson

Reaction score
OK, so who would you have taken?

Not that I am on board with Guyton. You could have convinced me to take Newton in that spot.
I don’t think Newton was ever an option. Not a lot of snaps this year with Osa. Upside pick for next year, but Guyton starts day 1.

We need 3-4 starters from this draft. I imagine we will find the other 3 tonight

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t think Newton was ever an option. Not a lot of snaps this year with Osa. Upside pick for next year, but Guyton starts day 1.

We need 3-4 starters from this draft. I imagine we will find the other 3 tonight
Osa is more a situational guy / depth guy. I like him but he's not good enough that you pass up a quality 3T in the draft.