Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Who would you have taken?
It wasn’t a bad pick, but IMO the position flexibility and week-1-ready nature of Barton was worth losing that 3rd rounder you gained. He can play 5 positions comfortably

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HerrTo20.htm

This is one of my favorite eagles of alltime. Look at the positions he played every season. He didn’t make a pro bowl, but he was just as valuable as the guys who did. Dudes like that are worth their weight in gold

Sydla

Reaction score
It wasn’t a bad pick, but IMO the position flexibility and week-1-ready nature of Barton was worth losing that 3rd rounder you gained. He can play 5 positions comfortably
The problem is they need that 3rd round pick. When they sit out FA and see some talent (depth) run off and do nothing to fill their clear holes, they need as many 1st and 2nd day picks they can get because they need to find 3-4 quality starters out of this draft. And with no 4th rounder, as much as Barton makes sense, given their roster and their FA idiocy, it might actually make more sense to grab that extra 3rd.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
Maybe you should 'sure' up your football knowledge.

bud914

Reaction score
The draft is always full of surprises. Miserable posts are not a surprise. Miserables gonna be miserable is the only absolute. Sad..

RS12

Reaction score
I accept that where they were drafting the player would have warts but the OP has still not given his alternative. So who was your pick or what position should it have been?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
looks like Trey will be the qb or they have another route they are going.

The new QB will need a LT, dak is done.

No more chasing 4 lol.....time to kick him to the ditch where he likes to play. heck, I bet he ends back up in the back lot of a strip club when we finally get rid of Mister Nice Guy. :D

starfan1

Reaction score
surprise surprise your f has as much relevence as this mornings flush. Jerry dont care, Dak will be gone soon enough and you can bag on someone else until then if you need a tissue I can have a carton shipped to the mountains.