CFZ Surprised this game was so close

Blackrain

Reaction score
Now everyone will say because this was a division game and the Eagles have the best record in the league why would I be surprised the game was close.

The Eagles turned the ball over four times and we're starting their second string quarterback.

The game was so close because the Eagles trenches outplayed our trenches They had six sacks and we had zero.

Dak put this team on his back and after his early mistake did everything in his power with his arm and legs to win this game for us .
Saying he was physically dominating is an understatement.

All that said our defense is somewhat of a concern because of its health The Eagles showed that they made a great move by signing Suh and Linville Joseph as they are getting roughly 40% of the defensive snaps and making an impact on their defense.

Jerry sat on his hands and let the eagles out maneuver us just when our defense was getting banged up. If we can't get healthy by the playoffs this could be our undoing letting the Eagles beat us in this chess match of defensive free agents.

They already have the best offensive line They just line up at the goal line tell everybody they're going to run and do it.

We have the talent in so many areas and had the opportunity to get the talent to take us over the top granted our coaching in the clutch is horrible poor Micah couldn't even get a timeout when the defense was totally gassed
I think it would have been nice if somebody would have let everybody know on offense to avoid going out of bounds and make the clock run I mean McCarthy could do something constructive like that.

Hey nobody's happier than me about getting a win over the Eagles on Christmas Eve but I see the foreshadowing of what's to come and it's concerning

Thoughts??

NotForLong

Reaction score
Now everyone will say because this was a division game and the Eagles have the best record in the league why would I be surprised the game was close.

The Eagles turned the ball over four times and we're starting their second string quarterback.

The game was so close because the Eagles trenches outplayed our trenches They had six sacks and we had zero.

Dak put this team on his back and after his early mistake did everything in his power with his arm and legs to win this game for us .
Saying he was physically dominating is an understatement.

All that said our defense is somewhat of a concern because of its health The Eagles showed that they made a great move by signing Suh and Linville Joseph as they are getting roughly 40% of the defensive snaps and making an impact on their defense.

Jerry sat on his hands and let the eagles out maneuver us just when our defense was getting banged up. If we can't get healthy by the playoffs this could be our undoing letting the Eagles beat us in this chess match of defensive free agents.

They already have the best offensive line They just line up at the goal line tell everybody they're going to run and do it.

We have the talent in so many areas and had the opportunity to get the talent to take us over the top granted our coaching in the clutch is horrible poor Micah couldn't even get a timeout when the defense was totally gassed
I think it would have been nice if somebody would have let everybody know on offense to avoid going out of bounds and make the clock run I mean McCarthy could do something constructive like that.

Hey nobody's happier than me about getting a win over the Eagles on Christmas Eve but I see the foreshadowing of what's to come and it's concerning

Thoughts??
Such was key not because He is exactly what this team needs and the Cowboys would have kept him from the Eagles

sjmike

Reaction score
Suh and Joseph don't do much for the pass rush, only the run game. We only gave up 87 yards on the ground and held Sanders to 3 yards a carry. That was without LVE who has been a stud in the run game. Where we have been lacking is in getting pressure on the QB

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Suh and Joseph don't do much for the pass rush, only the run game. We only gave up 87 yards on the ground and held Sanders to 3 yards a carry. That was without LVE who has been a stud in the run game. Where we have been lacking is in getting pressure on the QB
You are missing the point. When the Eagles signed those guys....they essentially announced "the Dallas Cowboys will not beat us running the football"...and thus it all goes on Daks back....which will be a problem if the defense does not generate turnovers. And I am not bashing Dak...I am saying Dak needs a running game. Nothing wrong with that. But running the ball on them is going to be tough. And yesterday we saw a lot of unfavorable down and distances because of our inability to run the ball on early downs. It requires Kellen Moore and Dak to be perfect....and when they are not....here come the pitch forks and torches....

RonWashington

Reaction score
You have to credit three of the turnovers to the Cowboys defense . Despite Seth Joyner on an Eagles post game show saying Kearse pick was a PI it wasn’t he went up top made a beautiful one handed INT . Bland what can you say he literally ripped it from the receivers hands. And Sanders fumble again aggressive defense he was stripped of the ball . The only Eagle turnover that was self inflicted was the Boston Scott Minshew handoff exchange .

In other words the defense caused these turnovers gave the offense great field position and to the offense credit they cashed in . They also gift wrapped a needless TD on The Pick 6. Greg Olsen was blunt and correct . Put some air on the ball and Schultz was wide open .

By my estimation it’s 40-27 Dallas and on a positive note the run defense has played better of late keeping Sanders bottled up and limiting Gainwell another good back out of Memphis from too much damage . Dorrance Armstrong is missed more then people realize he was a good balance in the pass rush opposite Tank . Hankins injury again he’s missed .

Last I like the aggressiveness of both Alexander the new corner ex Viking who was a high draft pick similar to Kelvin Joseph being a high pick and I think Nashon Wright the more snaps be gets the more I like what I see .

Blackrain

Reaction score
Problem is arguably their best rusher was not playing in the game.
Jalen hurts although the quarterback has 750 yards and the most touchdowns on the team with 13 rushing touchdowns

That 87 would probably have been much more like 140 if hurts was playing today and that's what we have to prepare for in the playoffs where Suh and Joseph could have helped us for basically a ham sandwich and Jerry chose not to move on it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You have to credit three of the turnovers to the Cowboys defense . Despite Seth Joyner on an Eagles post game show saying Kearse pick was a PI it wasn’t he went up top made a beautiful one handed INT . Bland what can you say he literally ripped it from the receivers hands. And Sanders fumble again aggressive defense he was stripped of the ball . The only Eagle turnover that was self inflicted was the Boston Scott Minshew handoff exchange .

In other words the defense caused these turnovers gave the offense great field position and to the offense credit they cashed in . They also gift wrapped a needless TD on The Pick 6. Greg Olsen was blunt and correct . Put some air on the ball and Schultz was wide open .

By my estimation it’s 40-27 Dallas and on a positive note the run defense has played better of late keeping Sanders bottled up and limiting Gainwell another good back out of Memphis from too much damage . Dorrance Armstrong is missed more then people realize he was a good balance in the pass rush opposite Tank . Hankins injury again he’s missed .

Last I like the aggressiveness of both Alexander the new corner ex Viking who was a high draft pick similar to Kelvin Joseph being a high pick and I think Nashon Wright the more snaps be gets the more I like what I see .

Great post I wish we could count on the turnovers like that every game but it seems like they come in spurts and then we go for a drought with nothing much going on.

Quite honestly I'm just very disgusted that Jerry didn't shoot the works go all in and give us the beef at that defensive tackle position that was available and that we desperately needed and I feel like our division rival is going to use that against us in the playoffs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They went out got Hankins . Injured now hopefully he helps in the playoffs . And a banged up Armstrong is effecting the pass rush . Armstrong needs both Tenn & Wash games off to get healthy .

starfan1

Reaction score
A lot of what I’ve heard leading up to this game was the coronation of this eagles team and the cowboys can’t beat them

now the narrative will be well hurts didn’t play. The great eagles have warts as well.

the cowboys can beat or lose to any of the contenders in nfc they are all flawed

the cowboys biggest warts are on defense

great win

RonWashington

Reaction score
Offensive line was handled by Philly . SF throws a similar look at an offensive line . Giving our OLine trouble . Dallas can do damage if the offensive line can go up against fronts like the 49ers and Philly and still allow 21 and 20 to bang away giving Prescott the edge when he drops back to pass . Stay healthy Tyron Smith and Jason Peters you are valuable .

One could argue the Eagles should have signed Jason Peters back but the Cowboy FO beat them on that signing . And how concerning must it be that Slay and Bradberry were lit up like a 4th of July celebration by Dallas passing game if your Siriani and Roseman. Maybe they should have signed Alexander the CB for depth , again good move Dallas .

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Offensive line was handled by Philly . SF throws a similar look at an offensive line . Giving our OLine trouble . Dallas can do damage if the offensive line can go up against fronts like the 49ers and Philly and still allow 21 and 20 to bang away giving Prescott the edge when he drops back to pass . Stay healthy Tyron Smith and Jason Peters you are valuable .

One could argue the Eagles should have signed Jason Peters back but the Cowboy FO beat them on that signing . And how concerning must it be that Slay and Bradbury were lit up like a 4th of July celebration by Dallas passing game if your Siriani and Roseman. Maybe they should have signed Alexander the CB for depth , again good move Dallas .
Eagles have a horrible backfield. The only thing they have is the pits.

visionary

Reaction score
Barr played well, don’t have room for everybody, and Hilton was amazing

This is the garbage excuse making that never ceases to amaze me

Plenty of cap space and roster for players contributing significantly with 40% of defensive snaps

would you rather have 3-4 million in cap space this year or a SB?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the garbage excuse making that never ceases to amaze me

Plenty of cap space and roster for players contributing significantly with 40% of defensive snaps

would you rather have 3-4 million in cap space this year or a SB?
It’s not about the cap, it’s about the roster size. Geez. You don’t understand a lot of things. If you pay attention, I’m one of the ones that always says cap Doesn’t matter you find a way so.

Reactions: CWR

RonWashington

Reaction score
Anthony Barr was gift wrapped a much needed INT and the ball bounces off him . If I’m not mistaken the Eagles scored on that drive and a Barr INT would have stopped that from happening . Along with LVE injury the linebacking position needs help .

Maybe not in 2022 but next year either Jabril Cox and Devin Harper step up or your looking at a much needed LB in either rounds 1-3 in the next draft .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anthony Barr was gift wrapped a much needed INT and the ball bounces off him . If I’m not mistaken the Eagles scored on that drive and a Barr INT would have stopped that from happening . Along with LVE injury the linebacking position needs help .

Maybe not in 2022 but next year either Jabril Cox and Devin Harper step up or your looking at a much needed LB in either rounds 1-3 in the next draft .
Yes, but he played well. He made some really nice tackles and stops. He played as well as shoe did for the Eagles.