T Fred on Kellen Moore

Hardline

Reaction score
He went through a whole lot of sentences to just "say what he's supposed to say".

Fredbeard has long been regarded as the smartest player on the team, so if he's impressed with Moore's football intelligence, I'm willing to see what he can do.
Do you think he would trash him in public
Moore might end up being a great OC but I personally wouldn't take that chance

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
People are definitely entitled to their opinions against Moore as OC, but T Fred’s ringing endorsement means the most to me of anything that’s been said or written.

Interestingly, T Fred said that Moore created a play that resulted in “multiple touchdowns” over past couple of seasons.

That honestly sounds like a stock broker talking about a smart little intern he likes. You don't promote the intern to head broker after one year. LOL

Its just stupid to be honest.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

There is NO NEED to take a chance. Moore would be happy being our QB coach for the next 3 years. Its not like people are inquiring all over the NFL to try and sign him away. LOL

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
FWIW, Amari Cooper pretty much have an endorsement of Moore in an interview with NFL Radio, from the Pro Bowl.

The host were saying how impressive Moore looked in running the practice.

Rayman70

Reaction score
OK...Jerry being Jerry...and Stevie being stevie, NOTHING is in stone. My preference is getting the guy the already inquired about, Dan Campbell. That said, don't rule out Jerry slow walking this thing past the SB.REASON? Its multi layered , meaning Jerry doesn't have many more years left, and he wants to get this right. I think he is listening to many opinions and taking input. I think he has been exploring Top tier coaches,for due diligence sake. He may want to talk to the Rams staff and or the Patriots about a coach. Wonder if he could somehow get Josh McDaniels? Me thinks that's whats happening...but in the end,the default OC will be Kellen Moore. I think its a mistake.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I'd rather Frederick be OC.

He double majored in computer engineering and computer science. While playing football.

Just give him the keys.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's good that he respects him. I was hoping to hear more about bringing his college scheme here instead of adapting to our (The Garrett) scheme.

Then again, Fredbeard is no dummy, and he's going to be glass half full on a mic about a potential new OC.
A QB coach has no choice but to adapt to the scheme his head coach and OC run. It isn’t within his power to change that. But note that Frederick said despite that Moore was able to get in a few of his innovations, including a play named after him that has scored several TDs, and that if Moore gets more authority he believes Moore’s innovations will get more and more traction

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if Fred Beard is simply talking the company line, at least he has some self awareness and decorum vs. an unnamed slot WR.
He went pretty deep into the discussion about Moore for it to be merely company line rhetoric. I suspect he meant what he said.

JustChip

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be funny if Kellen, one of the most scrutinized player/coach on these boards, ends up becoming this beloved coach on this team since Jimmy Johnson?

Yep. And Jimmy and beloved weren't being mentioned in the same sentence in 1989. In fact, he, Jerry and the Cowboy were ridiculed long and wide. Jimmy was just a college coach that was overmatched in the NFL and clueless.

JustChip

Reaction score
He went pretty deep into the discussion about Moore for it to be merely company line rhetoric. I suspect he meant what he said.

I didn't mean that I thought he didn't - I think he did. Just pointing out to those that think he was simply spouting the company line, he at least has self-awareness of what to say and what not to say.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't mean that I thought he didn't - I think he did. Just pointing out to those that think he was simply spouting the company line, he at least has self-awareness of what to say and what not to say.

I knew you didn’t mean that. Just adding to the commentary.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody DM me when the “my bad, But I really love the taste of crow” thread gets started re all the noise they made over Kellen Moore being named QB coach just last season. And about how stupid the front office was to promote him to staff in the first place.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A QB coach has no choice but to adapt to the scheme his head coach and OC run. It isn’t within his power to change that. But note that Frederick said despite that Moore was able to get in a few of his innovations, including a play named after him that has scored several TDs, and that if Moore gets more authority he believes Moore’s innovations will get more and more traction

I heard that part, but that was a play, not a change to scheme. I want a new scheme, and Fredbeard emphasized Moore leaving behind his college scheme and getting on board with the existing scheme. I wanted to hear "he could bring a lot of the concepts he played with in college here".