T. J. Watt 22.5 sacks, Taco Charlton?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We should ban TJ Watt threads. Literally everyone who was ever drafted #2 or later was passed up by someone.

Could make a thread of hall of famers and say “why could’ve been” to all the teams before them. Heck how many threads could fans of teams who drafted before us in this past draft making about Micah?
It should at least go straight to the NFL Zone...i'm so over it.

This organization has made a lot of solid moves......teams passed up Dak 5 or 6 teams......16 teams based up Lamb.....11 teams passed up Parsons......We screwed up on Charlton. You win some you lose some. Something more egregious is passing up Aaron Rodgers for Alex Smith or passing up Pat Mahomes for Mitch Tribusky.....they had a argument for why they passed on Watt.....it sucked early on but now we have arguably one of the best defenses in the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Denial would be saying it wasn’t a bad decision.

I’m in the acceptance phase now buddy. I’ve accepted it and moved on.

Not gonna worry about a could’ve been pick when every hall of famer is a could’ve been pick for multiple teams. Just a waste of time to consistently do this over and over.
I mean how mad can someone be with how the defense performed this year lol? This should be the acceptance phase for most lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Denial would be saying it wasn’t a bad decision.

I’m in the acceptance phase now buddy. I’ve accepted it and moved on.

“Moved on” to where? Not being able to talk about it?

Not gonna worry about a could’ve been pick when every hall of famer is a could’ve been pick for multiple teams. Just a waste of time to consistently do this over and over.

And yet you’re here in the thread? A blatant contradiction since it’s a ‘waste of time’.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm more annoyed about Ojulari.

We could have been stacked at DE. Instead we have to hope DLaw will take a restructure and/or Gregory doesn't get big offers elesewhere.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We could have drafted Tom Brady to and it would have only taken a 5th rounder. Dam!

Some fans are still being tortured over the Cowboys taking Doug Cosby over Joe Montana.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Taco has a better sack celebration , that’s all the matters

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Why why why do people do this? The draft is a gamble and not an exact science! TJ barely played two whole seasons. As a matter of fact I don’t believe he played much his freshman year. TJ had 11.5 sacks playing outside LB in a 3-4 and Taco Soft had 10.5 sacks playing DE in a 4-3, so in most professional opinions Taco was a good choice. There was many wondering if TJ was just a one season wonder.

I wish we drafted Tom Brady.
I wish we drafted Jerry Rice.
I wish we drafted Jack Ham
I wish we drafted Isaac Bruce
I wish we drafted Brian Dawkins
I wish we drafted Mike Singletary
I wish we drafted Randy Moss
I wish we drafted Jack Lambert
I wish, I wish, I wish and so on and so on!

Can we please just stop!

quickccc

Reaction score
If they would've got Watt they wouldn't have had Parsons...maybe not even Diggs.....

how does Diggs ... a DB and 2nd rd pick plays into this ?

he's a DB in the back half ... not a front seven guy. :eek:

817Gill

Reaction score
“Moved on” to where? Not being able to talk about it?

And yet you’re here in the thread? A blatant contradiction since it’s a ‘waste of time’.
Moved on to not bringing it up every two weeks.

It’s not the nature of the topic but the sole point that any topic brought up over and over with no new evidence to change any argument is pointless. What are you gonna say now that you haven’t already said about it?

We screwed up on the pick and dudes a baller, next.

817Gill

Reaction score
It should at least go straight to the NFL Zone...i'm so over it.

This organization has made a lot of solid moves......teams passed up Dak 5 or 6 teams......16 teams based up Lamb.....11 teams passed up Parsons......We screwed up on Charlton. You win some you lose some. Something more egregious is passing up Aaron Rodgers for Alex Smith or passing up Pat Mahomes for Mitch Tribusky.....they had a argument for why they passed on Watt.....it sucked early on but now we have arguably one of the best defenses in the league.
Definitely should go to the NFL Zone every time

75boyz

Reaction score
Even more recent was the Cowboys release of Quinn and his signing by Chicago.

The last I heard he had 18 sacks this year as of last week.

So there's that too I guess, lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moved on to not bringing it up every two weeks.

It’s not the nature of the topic but the sole point that any topic brought up over and over with no new evidence to change any argument is pointless. What are you gonna say now that you haven’t already said about it?

We screwed up on the pick and dudes a baller, next.

Feel free to see yourself out of the thread. Or not comment in the first place. Then your problem is solved.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even more recent was the Cowboys release of Quinn and his signing by Chicago.

The last I heard he had 18 sacks this year as of last week.

So there's that too I guess, lol.
Cowboys did not release Quinn. They wanted Quinn back the Bears just paid him top flight money and the Cowboys chose not to pay that.

817Gill

Reaction score
Feel free to see yourself out of the thread. Or not comment in the first place. Then your problem is solved.
It’s an annoyance but I’m not stopping you from posting about it, so I’ll give my opinion on it as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s an annoyance but I’m not stopping you from posting about it, so I’ll give my opinion on it as well.

So is it a “waste of time” for you as well then? Or just everybody else?