T. J. Watt 22.5 sacks, Taco Charlton?

817Gill

Reaction score
So is it a “waste of time” for you as well then? Or just everybody else?
Waste of time for meaningful discussion cause no new evidence is ever going to be given.

Take this discussion we’re having, not really productive at all. Just like most of the discussion to be had in TJ Watt threads.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
how does Diggs ... a DB and 2nd rd pick plays into this ?

he's a DB in the back half ... not a front seven guy. :eek:

This is pure opinion based on my part but to me if they get TJ Watt with Lawrence here.....I think our pick is too good to draft guys like Lamb or Parsons.....I also think our pick is too good to draft Diggs in the 2nd round...it would depend on when he got taken.

My point is, people rueing about Watt as if all you would do is add him to this team...but that's not the case. You draft Watts and you have a completely different team. Maybe for better or for worse. All I know is we took Charlton..failed and now we have one of the best defenses in the league......and Maranelli and Garrett are gone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stash still ticked off taking taco...if you watched taco college tape it was his long arms that got sacks no speed or power

It’s frustrating when you saw the iceberg coming and they still hit it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waste of time for meaningful discussion cause no new evidence is ever going to be given.

Take this discussion we’re having, not really productive at all. Just like most of the discussion to be had in TJ Watt threads.

And yet you still continue on with it?
:rolleyes:

stiletto

Reaction score
Watt would've changed our Defense by himself just like Parsons and Parsons wouldn't be on the team. So it is what it is. This FO with McClay hasn't missed on that many but that one is probably their biggest.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
The watt sac record isn’t even valid what is it on a per game basis. Yes the Taco pick sucked. Parsons and watt would made made a killer 34 olb duo. They wouldn’t have gotten Parsons. Also 100 mill for the Watt kid who will just renegotiate in 2 years pass.

lqmac1

Reaction score
We also could’ve had Shawn Merriman over Demarcus Ware, but we didn’t. Could’ve had anybody, but we got Micah.

It’s part of it!

Honestly, I think the one that I would redo if I had the opportunity would be Justin Jefferson over Ceedee. I think Jefferson is right there with the best receivers in the NFL, only in his second season.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
He’s sayin Watt probably would have lead to more wins, changing our draft position.

He’s probably right
Ah! I get it. Screw the wins let’s have a higher draft pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stash rememeber all blame falls on Marinelli....TJ Watt does not fit our scheme

Yep. And I also remember all of the fans who raced to defend Marinelli. And the Taco pick. Now they want to “move on”.