T.O. Didn't make the HOF

cej757

Reaction score

5m5 minutes ago
Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens
Unfortunately I did not make it. CONGRATS to the 2016 HOF CLASS. Thanks to ALL MY FANS for ur unwavering love & support. #ONLYGODCANJUDGEME

SDCowboy

Reaction score
From a performance standpoint, he definitely should have made it. But are stats the only thing that matters?

Nav22

Reaction score
From a performance standpoint, he definitely should have made it. But are stats the only thing that matters?

The strong majority of his teammates would vouch for him 100%. Especially guys he took under his wing like Miles Austin.

He was a jerk at times, but he was also one of the most dominant WRs EVER and is absolutely deserving of this honor. The voters should be ashamed.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
There's a surprisingly small amount of first ballot hall of famers at the receiver position, basically Rice and a few players who played in the 70s and earlier. Silly and petty though it may be, TO was just denied that privilege and that privilege only. He'll get in soon.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There's a surprisingly small amount of first ballot hall of famers at the receiver position, basically Rice and a few players who played in the 70s and earlier. Silly and petty though it may be, TO was just denied that privilege and that privilege only. He'll get in soon.

This.

cej757

Reaction score

I just don't get how a guy with stats that great isn't considered a first ballot guy. I mean T.o. Is top 5 all time in td's behind guys like Rice and Emmitt and he's number 2 all time behind Jerry Rice in receiving yards. The media needs to be ashamed for letting the off the field stuff get in the way of what the stats show.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The media is full of ****. T.o. Should've been a first ballot Hof'er no question.

True. I can't stand him but he does deserve to be a first ballot HOFer. They will vote him in next year.
The worst thing ever are the voters in baseball who say, "I won't vote him in the first time but I will vote him in on the second time". Makes zero sense and they should have there voting privilege taken from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nav22

Reaction score
Don't know if I agree with this. He was released from Dallas for a reason, just like he was from SF and Philly.

It's very well-known that T.O. got along great with most of his teammates.

A few months after the Eagles exiled him in 2005 because of his issues with his contract and Donovan McNabb, he had a birthday party. Nineteen teammates attended.

And if you saw "Hard Knocks" in 2008, you'd have seen how many of his teammates gravitated towards him. Love him or hate him, he was a leader who was generally well-liked.

His issue was actually being too much of a leader, and thus splitting the locker room when he would inevitably run into problems with his QB/offense.

cej757

Reaction score
True. I can't stand him but he does deserve to be a first ballot HOFer. They will vote him in next year.
The worst thing ever are the voters in baseball who say, "I won't vote him in the first time but I will vote him in on the second time". Makes zero sense and they should have there voting privilege taken from them.

Makes me wonder when Randy Moss is up will they make him wait too? I used to think Jason Witten was a first Ballot guy but after seeing this he can forget it now.

cej757

Reaction score
It's very well-known that T.O. got along great with most of his teammates.

A few months after the Eagles exiled him in 2005 because of his issues with his contract and Donovan McNabb, he had a birthday party. Nineteen teammates attended.

And if you saw "Hard Knocks" in 2008, you'd have seen how many of his teammates gravitated towards him. Love him or hate him, he was a leader who was generally well-liked.

His issue was actually being too much of a leader, and thus splitting the locker room when he would inevitably run into problems with his QB/offense.

Some things T.o. Was saying about Garrett and the offense back in 08 are still hurting this team today.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Makes me wonder when Randy Moss is up will they make him wait too? I used to think Jason Witten was a first Ballot guy but after seeing this he can forget it now.

There is no way Witten isn't a first ballot guy. I'd bet my life savings on that.

cej757

Reaction score
There is no way Witten isn't a first ballot guy. I'd bet my life savings on that.

I love Witten but he just doesn't have nowhere near the td's as Gonzales or Gates. That may hurt him getting in first ballot.