T.O. - Garrett Should be Fired

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
maybe both things are true.

Garrett is not very good but also Owens was even worse and ruined the locker room.

Owens had a problem with everyone he ever played with. When he first got here he immediately had issues with parcells and haley.

The guy is nuts and getting rid of him was one of the best things this organization has ever done.

I think Garrett is Jim Fassel and I also think Owens is a mental case who was awful for a team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So how has that worked out in Washington? I think Callahan has a good offensive mind for building running games in the nfl, but he is shy of a ocord...I think he did a tremendous job with Frank on the oline, but their timing was good..I hope the work they did doesnt get ruined by stupid mistakes in the front office..

The system Washington uses is better then ours. I don't personally like it but it's a good system.

Billyd

Reaction score
Yes, this is what happened..Jerruh wanted TO, Parcells had made it clear, he didnt want him here, and that if jerruh brought him that he would have to consider his options..Jerruh did it anyway, and when his contract was up, he left..Jerry ran off another great coach...

i would like to point a few things out..I understand that in a normal organization this kind of crap wouldnt happen, but lets look at the dynamic in Dallas

1. JERRY will not hire a true top eshelon coach, because his ego is too big to let the coach handle player personnel.. Hell half the time the SOB wont let the head coaches hire their own people...

2. If there is any doubt see the boobs they trotted out from Jimmy to Parcells..

3. Knowing the above should tell you that bouncing Carrot top will not get you a better coach, at least not for long or NFL.

4. If Garrett was fired, i bet he would have another job in the nfl as ahead coach immediately...WHY because Garrett has a better WL record than most coaches in the Nfl..The GMs of other teams realize his skill level and experience in the NFL..Dallas Cowboy fans have a tendency to believe other teams fans or The media about his coaching ability..They dont consider the fact that Garret wins despite of Jerry, not usually because of Jerry..

Active number 10 in headcoaches with 50 wins...558 winning percentage in the Nfl..Has one losing season since he has been head coach of the Dallas Cowboys..

I UNDERSTAND we want a SB AND GREATNESS..

5. GARRETT comes from football royalty..His dad was the Nfls scouting guru for many years..The current structure of the combine, college player evaluation for the draft etc are all Garretts dads legacy..GARRET is very good at evaluating talent in the draft...I still believe in the theory that the players play, and the coaches coach..Give a good coach the players, he will win...This has been proven out with Garrets ability to get the most out of his players..Most of them anyway...I Believe if the drafts of the Cowboys followed his and Mcclays suggestions for all picks they would be even more successful... (Jerruhs reaches and risk taking very seldom work out, or work out for long..)

Is Garret in jeopardy this year? Maybe..He is in jeopardy every year...I think Garret gives his coaches too much autonomy..Then again Jerry didnt fire Linehan or Marinelli last year because Jerruh had just extended both in 2016..Linehanin my opinion should have been...

So think hard of your desire to find another coach for the Dallas Cowboys.You might get what you ask for..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm putting a team together, and am in the market for a new head coach, you know whose input I'm going to want first, right? Yep. T.O.'s. Both because I think he's really smart, and also because I think he just understands teamwork.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm putting a team together, and am in the market for a new head coach, you know whose input I'm going to want first, right? Yep. T.O.'s. Both because I think he's really smart, and also because I think he just understands teamwork.
:laugh:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
T.O. being T.O. Always a divider never a uniter. The thing he did best on every team he was with was always blowing up the locker room. He hasn't changed and the idiots just keep praising him like Charles Manson's followers did for him. I will never knock his HoF credentials, but then again... having a carcinogenic personality never was a barrier to receive that honor. He would never step up to be a real leader but he was always the first to knock those who did with his rolling eyes and commentary and corrosive attitude and he always ended up dragging away a few impressionable younger players with him to the wrong path. Of course, the Garrett haters are going to agree with T.O here, they are suckers for anyone that will validate their misguided viewpoint. :facepalm:

So...do you like him?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I always sensed Garrett felt threatened by Bill Callahan when he was here. They let Callahan leave and really gave not much reason why. Callahan had gotten Tyron Smith,Travis Fredrick and Zack Martin and made them Pro Bowl players. Callahan had taken a team to the Super Bowl as a Head Coach. I think Ginger Boy wanted Callahan gone.
There's no doubt about it. Callahan was also tight with Jerry... another reason Garrett surreptitiously took back playcalling and antagonized him to the point of him wanting out. Supposedly he even called Garrett a B in a meeting.

To me, one of the most disgusting parts of All or Nothing was the end when Garrett was telling the coaches he didn't need any eye-rolling and they all had to be on the Jason Garrett (third person alert) message or they were out. He has the nerve to say that when he did that exact kind of undermining to Phillips. Maybe that's why he's afraid of someone doing it to him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
When Garrett spoke during Witten's retirement announcement, he reflected upon a time in camp when he wanted the Vets to give football related speeches to the other players. Witten chose to break down the signature route of his career, the Y Option.

Using a critical 4th down play from the playoff game vs the Lions a few years back, Witten detailed the route and what made it successful on that play. His narrative was all about his team mates, from Dez, to Romo, to T. Smith and others, Witten did not make it about him.

This is a powerful analogy of why T.O. is a punk and a failure as a team mate in the NFL. It was always about T.O. and his stats. He thinks Garrett should be fired, but what he should have learned from Garrett and he would have been a better player from it, was that it is all about the team.

T.O. is the poster-child for talent ain't enough.

Big_D

Reaction score
When Garrett spoke during Witten's retirement announcement, he reflected upon a time in camp when he wanted the Vets to give football related speeches to the other players. Witten chose to break down the signature route of his career, the Y Option.

Using a critical 4th down play from the playoff game vs the Lions a few years back, Witten detailed the route and what made it successful on that play. His narrative was all about his team mates, from Dez, to Romo, to T. Smith and others, Witten did not make it about him.

This is a powerful analogy of why T.O. is a punk and a failure as a team mate in the NFL. It was always about T.O. and his stats. He thinks Garrett should be fired, but what he should have learned from Garrett and he would have been a better player from it, was that it is all about the team.

T.O. is the poster-child for talent ain't enough.

Aint enough for what? He's in the hall of fame. I'm not a big T.O. fan but the Witten types of the NFL are few and far between. Talent and attitude still amounted to the same thing that talent and the wrong attitude did. A yellow jacket and a spot in the hall.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Aint enough for what? He's in the hall of fame. I'm not a big T.O. fan but the Witten types of the NFL are few and far between. Talent and attitude still amounted to the same thing that talent and the wrong attitude did. A yellow jacket and a spot in the hall.
It ain't enough to give you the respect and credibility to be taken seriously when you criticize others.

Big_D

Reaction score
It ain't enough to give you the respect and credibility to be taken seriously when you criticize others.

true, but it's been a number of players whenever they leave that have a thing to say about Garrett, not just Owens.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I think I would like Garrett better in a front office role. I did lose a lot of respect for him when the team signed Greg Hardy who was not a RKG and when they didn’t allow Romo to COMPETE to earn his job back like JG always says. Maybe those were not his decisions but it made the things he said just talk.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
true, but it's been a number of players whenever they leave that have a thing to say about Garrett, not just Owens.
I have been completely frustrated with Garrett and wish he was coaching another team, however, I hear the same back biting from players who were jettisoned from Seattle about a HC they earned a ring with.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
With the loss of more playmakers before the season even begins, TO's words may come to pass. JG will be in a "prove it" season. He doesn't produce, then he should get canned. Enter Sean Peyton

Peyton has been a head coach for 11 years. He's had a future hall of fame QB the entire time. He's had five losing seasons. He's the only NFL head coach to ever be suspended for a season. This is your savior? :muttley:

The myth that he's a great coach just won't die on this forum.