T.O. on NFL Total Access

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Not exactly relevant to the Cowboys, but definitely bad news for our division rivals. This should put to rest what McNabb said today - T.O. is clearly digging in for the long haul. These are his own words:

"It doesn't matter what peoplle say about me, Philadelphia, San Francisco, all across the world. They can believe what they want to believe" ... "what I'm doing is right and for my family. I don't have to play football, I don't have to play for the Eaglles, that doesn't matter to me, all that matters is my family. " ... "I'll play for anybody that allows me to go out there and do what I do and pay me what I deserve, that'all I ask. If I'm one of the top players in the game, pay me like the top player in the game. Right is right and wrong is wrong."

:iggles:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Why did you sign that contract last year TO?

Wait - you and your agent failed to file Free Agency papers on time - bufoon.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This TO madness couldn't have happened to a nicer organization.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Chief said:
Gotta love Owens lecturing on character and integrity.

Oh, he came across as quite the altruist - the gist of it being if the best player in the league doesn't get paid like the best player in the league, well, just think of the harm done to future best players.

A real martyr to the cause.

Not to mention the great harm done his family by making nine million instead of ten...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I might be alone on this but I have no problem with TO is doing. I took a job once and agreed to a certain salary, 6 months later the market for that type of work went through the rough and I asked for a raise. I didnt get it so I found another job that paid me what I felt was fair. If an NFL club doesnt think a player is worth their salary anymore they can ask a player to take a pay cut or he will be released. In my opinion TO has the same right to change his mind and ask for more money if he thinks hes worth it. That is how the system is set up! You always hear people say then why did he sign such and such contract but you never hear people say why did the Rams sign X player for 5 years if they were going to release him after 2 seasons.

Reaction score
I hope and pray that he sticks to his guns on this one & ends up making himself such an undesirable/outcast that NO team will take a chance on him down the road. Granted, that's not likely to happen, but it sure would be sweet to see his sorry butt out of football completely. The selfish bastid.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boy's fan in Giant land said:
I hope and pray that he sticks to his guns on this one & ends up making himself such an undesirable/outcast that NO team will take a chance on him down the road. Granted, that's not likely to happen, but it sure would be sweet to see his sorry butt out of football completely. The selfish bastid.
While it would be a horrible waste of talent to see it come to that, I do agree with everything in this post.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Every time I hear something more I keep coming back to last season at training camp when he was complaining it was too hard and he didn't like all the contact before season.

I think someone's lazy. ;)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Every time I hear something more I keep coming back to last season at training camp when he was complaining it was too hard and he didn't like all the contact before season.

I think someone's lazy. ;)
AJM, you're kidding yourself if you think this is some kind of ploy to avoid training camp.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
I might be alone on this but I have no problem with TO is doing. I took a job once and agreed to a certain salary, 6 months later the market for that type of work went through the rough and I asked for a raise. I didnt get it so I found another job that paid me what I felt was fair. If an NFL club doesnt think a player is worth their salary anymore they can ask a player to take a pay cut or he will be released. In my opinion TO has the same right to change his mind and ask for more money if he thinks hes worth it. That is how the system is set up! You always hear people say then why did he sign such and such contract but you never hear people say why did the Rams sign X player for 5 years if they were going to release him after 2 seasons.

Doomsday, Not to be a smart*** but did you make 9 million last year and found it not to be enough? It's beyond the integrity aspect of the situation at this point.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
All that matters is his family, yet he wants to be payed as the top player in the game at his position. As if his family can't live off of 50 million. All ego, and nothing more.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JMO

TO wants out - He gets a new SB on a new team. Reid calls his bluff and makes him honor his contract....

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Doomsday said:

Everyone knows I'm all for free enterprise and if a player can get more money, more power to them. That's the way it is.

The difference between you and TO, other than the amount of money, is that he signed a contract saying he would play for a certain amount of money and you didn't.

If someones word, especially on a binding contract, mean nothing then they mean nothing. It's not right. If a player agrees to play for 1 million a year and the team only pays him 500,000.00 then they can be sued by the player. Unless the contract is guaranteed then they have no obligation to keep the contract in force. They can cut him. TO knows this and signed the contract anyway.

He should live with it and stop pouting like the crying little weasle we have all come to know and dislike.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Doomsday said:

I do agree with you to a point. TO has all the right in the world to go in and ask for a raise and his employers, the Philadelphia Eagles, have a right to refuse that request. The difference between TO's plight and your's is you weren't bound to your company by a contract. TO freely signed his contract last offseason despite the league's objections to the deal.

Also team's can't recoup any portion of a player's salary if he were to underperform expectations. Say TO would have only caught 800 yards and 3 TDs last season. Would the Eagles have any right to say hey TO give us a portion of that money back? Certainly not. Sure they can cut him, but they can't recoup any portion of the very large signing bonus he received.

I agree that players sould get all they can get when they can get it because injuries happen and you never know when the career ending injury is going to happen. So there is where I do agree with you. However, the fact that TO is using his poor family as a reason he is doing this is stupid. I am more than sure there isn't a member of his family that is starving.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:
Everyone knows I'm all for free enterprise and if a player can get more money, more power to them. That's the way it is.

The difference between you and TO, other than the amount of money, is that he signed a contract saying he would play for a certain amount of money and you didn't.

If someones word, especially on a binding contract, mean nothing then they mean nothing. It's not right. If a player agrees to play for 1 million a year and the team only pays him 500,000.00 then they can be sued by the player. Unless the contract is guaranteed then they have no obligation to keep the contract in force. They can cut him. TO knows this and signed the contract anyway.

He should live with it and stop pouting like the crying little weasle we have all come to know and dislike.

:signmast: :thumbup:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
A lot more people might be sympathetic to his situation if it weren't for how he got out of San Francisco, and the way he managed not to go to Baltimore. At that time he swore happiness was Philadelphia - under any circumstances.

Now just one year later he hires Rosenhaus to extort as much as he can..

Is he the premier receiver in the game today? Yes. Does he 'deserve' to be paid like it? Probably. But the bed he made to lie in is just 12 months old. Just as Sean Taylor has nerve to want a new contract just one year into the old one, so does TO reek of expediency.

somebody stole my screen name
http://latunanostra.galeon.com/index.html

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I thought TO got a lot of his $$$ up front, in a signing bonus last year. This year he's not getting that bonus, so the dollar amount is a lot less than last year and he's trying to paint this as some kind of cut in pay. That is ridiculous! I think a lot of the contracts are now having roster bonuses to make each year's money "appear" as if it reflects the player's worth each year. TO should be glad he got the $$$ in his hand already, and not have to wait for some of it each year...

billknows

Reaction score
heres the deal!!! T O took such a brutal big hit from ROY WILLIAMS that he his hidding the fact he's somewhat Lame,He will never again be as good as he was ,due to the Roy hit. His ploy is to have more time to try to heal and get top dollor before the world finds out Roy made him LAME...