T.O. on NFL Total Access

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
You are entitled to your opinion but in reality everything is negotiable. I don’t care about what reasons TO stated about wanting more money, frankly I could care even less about the iggle’s organization but if they start 0-2, 0-3, 0-4; what do you think will happen if TO is still holding out?

The bottom line is no one on their team is capable of replicating TO’s production and how this plays out IMO will be solely tied to the iggle’s on field performance without TO.

You've just validated Terrell Owens. You've just justified the fact that he's an ignorant player and only cares about himself. He has no consideration for his team as he would seem to suggest. Him dogging McNabb about his Super Bowl performance and cracking on Garcia would suggest he's all about self.

Terrell Owens may have the skills, but that doesn't give him the right to purposely shaft his team into oblivion and be waiting on his throne when they beg him to come back. Andy Reid knew exactly what he was getting and it was a matter of time before the "T.O. Factor" came into play and now it has.

Reid has sanctioned Owens. Owens isn't being as compliant as he would like. The Eagles have stated that Owens will not get a new contract. Now, it's up to Owens to either end his holdout or not play. Owens probably thinks that it's a golden opportunity to make money the easy way and sit at home while his team struggles.

What a ******. He's being a big baby and he knows it. Grow the hell up, Terrell.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
You've just validated Terrell Owens. You've just justified the fact that he's an ignorant player and only cares about himself.

I don't think anyone should take an opinion on a MB as seriously as you just did.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
This is a simple case of, "I'm a veteran and don't want/need to attend training camp. I'll hold out as long as possible but rejoin the team when the season starts. Best case scenario- I get more money, too. Worst case scenario- I don't have to attend TC. It's a win/win situation."
Nope, for a few reasons. First, he'll be fined for every day that he misses camp. Second, he's slandered the team and his quarterback, and turned the fan base against himself. There's no way he does that simply to avoid training camp.

The players that "hold out" to avoid training camp are the ones that don't have contracts yet (franchise players, tendered players, etc)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
You've just validated Terrell Owens. You've just justified the fact that he's an ignorant player and only cares about himself. He has no consideration for his team as he would seem to suggest. Him dogging McNabb about his Super Bowl performance and cracking on Garcia would suggest he's all about self.

Terrell Owens may have the skills, but that doesn't give him the right to purposely shaft his team into oblivion and be waiting on his throne when they beg him to come back. Andy Reid knew exactly what he was getting and it was a matter of time before the "T.O. Factor" came into play and now it has.

Reid has sanctioned Owens. Owens isn't being as compliant as he would like. The Eagles have stated that Owens will not get a new contract. Now, it's up to Owens to either end his holdout or not play. Owens probably thinks that it's a golden opportunity to make money the easy way and sit at home while his team struggles.

What a ******. He's being a big baby and he knows it. Grow the hell up, Terrell.

Everything is negotiable. Whether one or more sides does is a different story.

And part of what he and TO says is valid. He should be able to ask for a raise. That is in effect what he is saying. Tear up the contract and give me a raise. Now the Eagles can do that. There is plenty of precedent for doing so over this league's lifetime. We did it for Emmitt who is not vilified (not very often).

The difference is TO plays everything out in the media and the media doesn't help things and won't as long as TO feeds them material. And TO is a PITA and has been for a long time.

This is not a new story. He's not the first to do this. It's just that he's...well he's TO. The TO.

Why should he "grow up" when no one said Emmitt should. We were 0-2 coming off a SB and ownership was the villian for not signing Emmitt. He was signed, ownership capitulated and the rest is history. Don't tell me this couldn't happen in Philly. Don't think it will and don't think management there will negotiate for any reason. But while TO has issues and lots of them (I'm not comparing him with Emmitt on psychological or psychiatric terms) TO has the right to negotiate.

He just manages to P*** people off while Emmitt handled things differently.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Tio said:
I don't think anyone should take an opinion on a MB as seriously as you just did.

I'm very passionate when it comes to football. It's my life even though I've been away from it for a while. Guys like Terrell Owens almost make me not want to play on a professional level someday. It's become more about money and popularity then it is about the actual football. It sickens me to no end.

notherbob

Reaction score
Does this foolish brat even have a family? I didn't think he was married. Anybody know or care?

Hoov

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
I'm very passionate when it comes to football. It's my life even though I've been away from it for a while. Guys like Terrell Owens almost make me not want to play on a professional level someday. It's become more about money and popularity then it is about the actual football. It sickens me to no end.

well even if you get sick of all the drama and football, if you have the talent to play in the NFL you should go for it anyway, i mean dude, think of all the money you could make.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Sorry, you just don't understand the realities of the situation, Dooms...

There is language written into every contract that allows a team to terminate that contract at their discretion, there is NOT similar language written into those contracts allowing the players to tear up that contract...

IOW, when the teams cut a player before his contract is up, they're allowed to do so by the wording of the contract, but a player does not have similar protection written into that contract... so when a team cuts a player, they are not violating the terms of his contract... however, the reverse is not true for the player...

I dont think you understand my point. The owners have a right to cancel the contract anytime they want and players have the right to holdout if they see fit. This is the way the system is setup and TO has every right to holdout if he chooses to. I dont feel sorry for the owners or the team when a player holds out, as I dont feel sorry for a player like Rodney Harrison who performed at a probowl level for many years and was dumped by San Diego in the middle of his contract. To me it doesnt matter if he makes 50k or 50 million a year, its a business and he should do what he thinks is right regardless of what anyone thinks.

I dont see the owners honoring their contracts with Cities, they all want to get out of stadium contracts they signed with us so they can make as much money as possible and they squeeze us until we cave in or move the team like they did in Cleveland. Heck not only do they want out they want also want us to pay for the majority of the cost of their new stadiums.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score

KDWs85=You've just validated Terrell Owens. You've just justified the fact that he's an ignorant player and only cares about himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio

I don't agree with Tio on a Lot of things, But this time I totally hear where he's coming from.

KDWs85 I'm very passionate when it comes to football. It's my life even though I've been away from it for a while.

You don't hold the rights on being compassionate about football -- most of us here and throughout the NFL cpmpassion about theor respective NFL team/players without calling them derrogatory name. Take Roy Williams -- didn't like him taking out one of our play-makers right before a critical post season playoff road to the Superbowl. Yet I respect Roy for being a great defensive player; inspite of the horse-collar tackle episode. Dislike with respect to a talented ball player - dayam that spells passion!

Guys like Terrell Owens almost make me not want to play on a professional level someday. It's become more about money and popularity then it is about the actual football.

If you let T.O. and your kind of "passion" jeopardize any opportunity for you to play for the Cowboz one day -- then you should re-evaluate your passion for football.

T.O. will play for the Philadelphia Eagles this year. He'll be even better becauase he knows the systems better and he's played with the team before. Everyone just go have some lunch and relax.

Let's have some respect for other teams without badgering un-necessarily.

One!;)

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Oh how I'd love to hear the things you'd say if TO was a Cowboy. I have zero pity for Terrell Owens after the bull**** he pulled in Texas Stadium. (talk about respect for other teams) And I hope TO does play this season, cause it's a hell of a lot more fun to watch him tear up a team from the sidelines then from home. Just ask the San Francisco 49ers.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Doomsday said:
I dont think you understand my point. The owners have a right to cancel the contract anytime they want and players have the right to holdout if they see fit.

Not ethically, they don't... 'scuse me for goin' old school on ya, but if you put your name on a contract, you are honor-bound to meet the terms of that contract...

According to the contract, a team can terminate it, so there's nothing unethical in them doing so... but holding out to get more money is NOT spelled out in the contract, and as such is quite unethical...

What's legal and what's ethical are often two very different things... it's LEGAL for Owens to withhold his services (so long as he doesn't mind not getting paid), but it's not ETHICAL for him to do so...

But it is abundantly clear that Terrell Owens has little concept of honorable behavior, and never has had...

This is the way the system is setup and TO has every right to holdout if he chooses to.

On a contract he just signed LAST YEAR?? A contract he had to wheedle and scheme and finagle to get in the first place??

Bluntly, he's a freaking idiot...

To me it doesnt matter if he makes 50k or 50 million a year, its a business and he should do what he thinks is right regardless of what anyone thinks.

He doesn't give a rat's patootie about what's "right", and you know it... he just wants "mo money... mo money... mo money"...

Don't try to convince me that what this jackass is doing is honorable, Dooms... it simply isn't...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Don't try to convince me that what this jackass is doing is honorable, Dooms... it simply isn't...

Never said he was doing anything honorable but you act like the players are the only who want to break contracts. I didnt hear u respond to the fact that owners continually break contracts with the cities over stadiums whenever they see fit. Its all about leverage and making money, people only seem to get upset when players use their leverage for some reason though. Whether u agree with TO or not he still has a right to holdout if he chooses.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
silverbear

T.O. can't legally withhold his services without a circumstance that would validate him being away. Circumstances like a family emergency or the death of a family friend.

A holdout is an illegal subversion to his contract because he's still legally bound to it. He wasn't excused from workouts per Andy Reid. So, having said that, he is facing reprisal from the team. Andy Reid or anyone else won't authorize such measures because of his importance to the team. $6,000 per day isn't anything to Terrell Owens so he figures he's getting off light.

He'll holdout for as long as it takes to get a new contract. 'Tis very simple. He doesn't care who he backstabs to get that nice new paycheck. He never did and he's never going to. He doesn't care about what he has to do to get it either.