T.O. Owns Ed Werder Again

Parnell

Reaction score
speaking of werder, did anyone hear him on sportcenter saying Plaxico Burres was shot last night?

JerryFan

Reaction score
LOL! That was awesome. I don't know what the guy expects. Yea he says he's just doing his job, but it's a sleazy cheap way of doing it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SilberBlau;2450757 said:
they should all go the Barber way. Shut up and execute.

Now here's a man w/ a plan...........

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I feel bad for Werder. I think he's a good reporter but ESPN makes him focus on T.O. or whatever.

I remember like two years ago he had to ask Parcells about T.O. and you could almost hear him cringing that he had to ask it.

I don't really blame Werder for all of that, kinda feel bad for the guy because ESPN is killing his reputation.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
TO is acting -- surprise surprise -- like the immature toddler he is when he dismisses Werder. It shows the fact that TO never takes responsibility for his actions (past or present). Of course Wade and his enabler Jerruh would never put an end to it but that's another story.

Ed is also not responsible for every commentator on ESPN.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
stasheroo;2450730 said:
I wish the whole league would do it.

BSPN's tabloid coverage sickens me.

I have said this many times. the whole scenario is ********.

Everyone on the team talks to werder. the coaches all do to during warmups right on the field.

I took a bunch of pictures thursday with garret, newman, witten, stewart and more talking to ed right on the field while they were stretching.

The team I think likes werder and I think he likes them.

Its just werder is forced to push owens for dumb comments, and owens is not a very bright person and he responds with dumb answers just like espn wants.

So now owens ignores ed, and all ed does is aks about owens.

Its just plain stupid. Ed should just forget owens and cover the events of the game and the happenings of the team, no one has access to Dallas like Ed Werder. But of course ESPN wants owens and pacman stories to keep their 24 hour talking head shows busy with stuff to bicker about.

again its stupid.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Future;2450923 said:
I feel bad for Werder. I think he's a good reporter but ESPN makes him focus on T.O. or whatever.

I remember like two years ago he had to ask Parcells about T.O. and you could almost hear him cringing that he had to ask it.

I don't really blame Werder for all of that, kinda feel bad for the guy because ESPN is killing his reputation.

You dont know that.

I will say that from being a journalist myself, you ask your own questions. And when Werder reports, he constantly portrays TO in a negative way.

Now granted TO makes his own bed to some degree, but Werder does nothing but hurt TO with his portrayal of him and creating distractions for the Cowboys. I will go out on a limb and say that there wont be any more distractions this year with TO as long as he dismisses Werder.

Reaction score
chinch;2450929 said:
TO is acting -- surprise surprise -- like the immature toddler he is when he dismisses Werder. It shows the fact that TO never takes responsibility for his actions (past or present). Of course Wade and his enabler Jerruh would never put an end to it but that's another story.

Ed, what are you doing here? Don't you have another game to cover this weekend?
:espn:

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Werder is the fuel to the BSPN fire. Each playing an equal part. Perhaps once he was a credible reporter, but he's been sucked in hook, line and sinker by the BSPN propaganda ratings machine, and now is one of them.

BHendri5

Reaction score
All you guys that say you are not T.O. fans, are not being truthful. You j\cheer when he catches passes, scores a TD, etc, plus he is a Cowboy and you cannot separate the two, as long as he is putting on that uniform.

So, if you are on here and call yourself a Cowboys fan, you are also a T.O. fan.

So Stop that crap. Just want to stir the pot this early afternoon

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2450965 said:
You dont know that.

I will say that from being a journalist myself, you ask your own questions. And when Werder reports, he constantly portrays TO in a negative way.

Now granted TO makes his own bed to some degree, but Werder does nothing but hurt TO with his portrayal of him and creating distractions for the Cowboys. I will go out on a limb and say that there wont be any more distractions this year with TO as long as he dismisses Werder.
I'm going to assume that you don't work for ESPN. And I think ESPN is much different than a local newspaper/magazine/tv station.

Granted Werder can probably ask his own questions, I'd be willing to bet that ESPN's producers give him a direction that he has to go. I don't know how many times I've heard guys on NFL Live or whatever say that they are sick of talking about T.O. They certainly aren't choosing what they talk about, and I think the same would go for Werder.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
chinch;2450929 said:

so all these players should just except the ESPN bs...? and if they dont they are immature toddlers...? if a person or company ask you for your business and you agree and they turn your words against you time and time again degrade you in the public eye to make their business more profitable by your logic you should still do business with them right? i mean they are just doing their job

and no Ed is not responsible for every commentator on ESPN..but Ed is the only one at the ranch in his face everyday.........

i personally love it and wished more players would take this approach in hopes that ESPN will change their soap opera ways

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Future;2451033 said:
I'm going to assume that you don't work for ESPN. And I think ESPN is much different than a local newspaper/magazine/tv station.

Granted Werder can probably ask his own questions, I'd be willing to bet that ESPN's producers give him a direction that he has to go. I don't know how many times I've heard guys on NFL Live or whatever say that they are sick of talking about T.O. They certainly aren't choosing what they talk about, and I think the same would go for Werder.

Oh I agree. But they have to go with what the producers tell them. So in a roundabout way you are making the case for us against BSPN. You can't be sensationistic and just reporting at the same time all the time. Drumming up a story is what they do to fill time in an around the clock incessant need to entertain us. So we end up buying the cable or whatever and make our on nooses.

Ain't life a kick at times.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Werder used to work for the Dallas Morning News back when the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, so he obviously has a strong interest in covering the Cowboys. The funniest thing back in the day was watching the weekly Jerry Jones show (which used to air as far away as Baton Rouge, Louisiana by the way on regular cable). They would have a segment where Werder would ask a question to either Jones or one of the players, and there was always a canned, run of the mill answer. They would then show Werder with the same puzzled look on his face every week.

The look on Werder's face was priceless.