T.o.'s Effort On A Specific 4th Quarter Pass

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
No not the obvious drop. This play has been bugging me and I haven't seen it discussed yet. Romo breaks the pocket beautifully and buys time floating to the left. T.O. breaks his go rout and hits the left sideline. Romo throws a very tough but catchable ball a few inches beyond T.O.'s "outstretched" arms and fingertips. I'm sure you guys know the play. I'm not by any means attacking T.O. but shouldn't he have laid out for that one?

My co-workers (Cowboys fan) theory is that T.O. didn't put forth the effort so it wouldn't go down as another drop. A loss is a loss just my little rant on that particular play. Thoughts?

STREAK84

Reaction score
If it's the play I'm thinking about. There's no way Owens can get to that pass.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
owens doesn't dive for passes. what bothers me is the whole get owens involved early. it seems like that's his excuse for when he finally gets a pass and drops it.

FCBarca

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1840268 said:
No not the obvious drop. This play has been bugging me and I haven't seen it discussed yet. Romo breaks the pocket beautifully and buys time floating to the left. T.O. breaks his go rout and hits the left sideline. Romo throws a very tough but catchable ball a few inches beyond T.O.'s "outstretched" arms and fingertips. I'm sure you guys know the play. I'm not by any means attacking T.O. but shouldn't he have laid out for that one?

My co-workers (Cowboys fan) theory is that T.O. didn't put forth the effort so it wouldn't go down as another drop. A loss is a loss just my little rant on that particular play. Thoughts?

My thoughts were that TO was wide open and Romo and his inflamed thumb simply missed him

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Would it have made you feel better if he dove and still missed the catch? It was a bad throw, Romo was off on a lot of throws yesterday. Your co-workers and yourself are just looking to place the blame elsewhere. Romo made a lot of bad decisions and poor passes, not to mention the play calling. I know he's our golden boy, but he deserves a whole lot of blame for yesterday.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Why are we bringing up one very borderline play by our wide reciever, when the QB flat-out missed on about a dozen others??

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Ease up a little guys. :eek:: Just thought the ball was catchable. Yes, Romo was really off, just speaking of that particular play.

Mash

Reaction score
Romo was off....was close tho....but Owens would of been out of bounds if he dove for it....

Romo was bad all game......

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Even Troy gave TO all the credit in the world for his effort on this play.

Romo led him way too far left.

More reaching, people are gonna pull things today if they are not careful.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score

wow..you must be bored at work

Reaction score
They showed the replay about 4 times and it was pretty obvious every time that it would have been thrown behind him if he was upright..

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

That play the ball was no where near close enough for T.O. to touch it much less catch it.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
It's a myth that you can get somewhere faster by diving than by running. That's why you never teach someone to dive into first base when trying to beat out a grounder.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TO often LOOKS likes he's not giving a ton of effort -- but I don't think anyone who has played with him has ever called him lazy.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1840341 said:
They showed the replay about 4 times and it was pretty obvious every time that it would have been thrown behind him if he was upright..

Different pass. Not the one he slipped on.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1840380 said:
Different pass. Not the one he slipped on.

This one...

smarta5150;1840333 said:
Even Troy gave TO all the credit in the world for his effort on this play.

Romo led him way too far left.

More reaching, people are gonna pull things today if they are not careful.

Troy = :hammer: on this one