Taco and Hill inactive again today

Hardline

Reaction score
Meanwhile
That pro bowl right tackle in New Orleans that I wanted right after Reuben Foster totally made JJ Watt look like a chump.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Drafting going downhill just as we start giving mega contracts sounds like a recipe for disaster.

This is not just a Marinello issue. Something is off in the scouting department.

Taco has shown he can get pressure. Coaches don't want tp play him. No fault on scouting department.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If those guys were drafted mainly due to Marinelli’s input, this season must be his last. Something is definately wrong with how they are evaluating DL. They seem to be able to hit on each and every other position with high draft picks. The first thing they need is a DC that wants a 330 lb run stuffer who demands double teams. It is beyond ridiculous to have two pass rushing DTs in the game on 1st down, 4 & 1, and goal line situations. Any DC that had that as part of his scheme would have only lasted 1 year with me and may not have made it out of his first training camp. This defense needs a revamp such as the offense went through this year and it starts with putting a new man in charge. Don’t tell me Richard is in charge because he is calling the plays. It’s still Marinelli’s scheme with 4 rushmen up front on running downs with the LBers dropping at the snap leaving huge holes in the line and too much space for the RBs to feast in before the LBers can get there and make the stop.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
no its not I don't think. I think its just that we are loaded at that position. As it is we cant get everyone into the DE rotation. Hyder is a guy we want to get more playing time. We are struggling to get everyone on the field. Taco will get a chance somewhere else. I think Dallas is trying to be fair with him...keeping him healthy for his own good and the teams.
I cannot begin to tell you how inaccurate this is.

Teams do not shelve players they intend to trade when they are trying to get the best 46 players out there on the field to try to win one of only sixteen games.

They do shelve attitude problems and players they do not trust.

Last edited:

Zordon

Reaction score
Taco has shown he can get pressure. Coaches don't want tp play him. No fault on scouting department.
In a preseason game against insurance salesmen?

Do you know how many preseason all stars don't make rosters?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’d think 2 of our top picks absence in last 3 drafts would have a bigger impact.

Imagine if they were making an impact. It’s potential misses like these that can prevent the Cowboys from reaching their goals.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I cannot begin to tell you how inaccurate this is.

Teams do not shelve players they intend to trade when they are trying to get the best 46 players out there on the field to win one of only sixteen games.

They do shelve attitude problems and players they do not trust.
well, unless we are in the meeting rooms, WE DONT KNOW. Its all speculation by us. Guess we will see what happens. Part of me wants to see if Taco has anything to offer ..but they apparently think hes done here. I am skeptical of the choice of making him inactive,yet hoping they have a plan.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Drafting going downhill just as we start giving mega contracts sounds like a recipe for disaster.

This is not just a Marinello issue. Something is off in the scouting department.
The scouts had tj watt rated over taco. The front office ignored them...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The DL busts are organizational failures. Everyone from the Joneses to Garrett to McClay signed off on Marinelli's favorites.

All of them are culpable due to the nature of how they make "collective" decisions. They all own it.

Yes, but it is Marinelli’s scheme and his championing for certain traits that has them choosing Taco over Watt and Hill over the safety. Once he is gone and the scouts can just rank DL normally, they should be able to hit on DL just as they do at every other position.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't matter how we win, JUST WIN IS RIGHT. These divisional games are crucial. Without wins, we have little chance at the post season. One point or 20...a win still counts just the same. Get in,get out...all business...stay laser focused, kick the door in,kick ***, take names. KEEP OUR FOOT ON THEIR THROAT FOR 4 QUARTERS. Case Keenum has a knack for keeping his team close. He is way underrated. I live in West Texas, and know his family..I KNOW how he thinks. He craves games like this against Dallas. He plays with a chip on his shoulder.He wanted to be a Cowboy...so make no mistake...he gonna try to smack us fast today.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The scouts had tj watt rated over taco. The front office ignored them...
Yes, but Watt was rated as a 3-4 DE..or OLB. He didn't fit what we run. Lets remember that. YES...he was rated higher...but fit matters too. Taco might turn into a good player here or somewhere else.I don't think his story is over by a long shot, and the front office may be proven correct later. Players develop differently.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yes, but it is Marinelli’s scheme and his championing for certain traits that has them choosing Taco over Watt and Hill over the safety. Once he is gone and the scouts can just rank DL normally, they should be able to hit on DL just as they do at every other position.
I am not denying that part, but again, just because Marinelli adopts a player does not mean the organization has to take his recommendations as gospel. We got into trouble doing that before with Rob Ryan.