Taco getting beat bad by La’el

John813

Reaction score
He’s just not as good as the opposing guy in front of him. When we drafted him all reports said he was a project. Now when it comes to those guys it’s not going to happen overnight. I had no problem with the pick but in hindsight you can’t take those guys at that point in the draft.

He's a project that seems to have lacked the drive to work on his craft.
We'll see, I wasn't a fan of the pick but I'm not going to throw out the bathwater just yet.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
We'll see, I wasn't a fan of the pick but I'm not going to throw out the bathwater just yet.

As stupid as he is, he’s not stupid. He knows he can’t rush from the right. He knows he’s not taking Lawrence’s spot. He knows he doesn’t have the mentality to bulk up and play inside. I think he wants to get cut and start over

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah that’s the difference between being a bust and being a solid player. He probably has everything you would want and probably more but if he doesn’t have the drive then he’s not going to make it past being a reserve player and will be out of this league in a few years. Unfortunate for him.

John813

Reaction score
As stupid as he is, he’s not stupid. He knows he can’t rush from the right. He knows he’s not taking Lawrence’s spot. He knows he doesn’t have the mentality to bulk up and play inside. I think he wants to get cut and start over

Yup. He looked his best while subbing in for Lawrence IMO. Especially in his rookie year.
However, I think if he busted his *** last year they would of done more load management for Lawrence instead of suspending Taco for a game.

He probably wants to move on, but at the same time he isn't painting the best picture for the next team that may want a reclamation project.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
He was projected to take a couple years to develop. It's been a couple years and he hasn't. I'm ready to move on if an opportunity arises but I'm not cutting him just because. Even at his worst I'm not certain he's outside the top 10 DL on this team yet. We'll find that out over the coming weeks.