Taco getting beat bad by La’el

Mr_437

Reaction score
Pretty sure Charlton has been getting beat up by NFL OTs regularly...the story would be if Charlton was winning.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Taco just doesn't have burst as a passrusher. He just isn't talented enough against anyone.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Might be some truth to the wanting out theory. He is a LDE (size and style) and he's not playing that here. If we could identify a team with a need for that - anything we could get 3rd, or 4th, even 5th round pick would be preferable to just cutting him. While he is on his rookie deal they may just decide to hold onto him, but it does not look like he wants or tries to work on being a RDE.
I was one of the few that thought after the first couple of years, he would develop into a nice player. Guess not. My one remaining hope is that with Quinn on a one year deal, that Taco behind him, in year 3 the light bulb might come on. It's a slim hope - I know.

Altestic

Reaction score
Watt would get killed at DE. Hes out really wide in the 3-4 steelers run. We saw Ware struggle bad at DE and Watt isnt Ware.
Then have him play Sam and only blitz on passing downs, problem solved.

Verdict

Reaction score
He’s just not as good as the opposing guy in front of him. When we drafted him all reports said he was a project. Now when it comes to those guys it’s not going to happen overnight. I had no problem with the pick but in hindsight you can’t take those guys at that point in the draft.

He was WAY over drafted. But the Cowboys first round players have been hits with that notable exception.

Verdict

Reaction score
Reading Bryan Broaddus articles in DC.com site, (which Broaddus is providing the best detailed camp reports among media thus far)
Broaddus is explaining from his observation that if Taco has to stop his feet ,..and having re-start again, he loses the battle from there.
if he makes a play he has to do it all in one move from the start.

And that makes it comparable to the Taco's scouting profile during draft time, that he doesn't always use his feet and hands in unison at the same time.
and he is the type player where he has to have top techniques and strength to beat blockers because he is not a gifted and explosive athlete.
He has to really gut and grunt for his sacks with top hand/feet usage, while a more gifted, fluid guy, agile and great 1st step guy like Gregory will get his sacks and big plays
seemingly more effortlessly.

Plus I dunno if Taco has that extraordinary relentless high motor that plays like his hair on fire. Is he content with just enough to get by with ?
I don't think limited intangibles and just a so-so motor will do it.

I said from the beginning that Taco would never get it done based on speed. He would have to rely on strength to get it done and he hasn’t progressed enough in that regard.

Verdict

Reaction score
Half of the time, the Steelers D runs a 4 man front, and half of that time, TJ Watt plays with a hand in the dirt... bro. I honestly feel TJ Watt would have fit in just fine at DE in our 4-3 D, even if a majority of the time he plays standing up. The guy is simply a playmaker.

You draft the player and make it work. You don’t draft a DUD simply because it fits your “system”.